By reading the other reviews prior to staying at the Hampton in Alameda I would have thought that this was the best hotel West of the Mississippi. As it turned out -- it's a Hampton....and I can't figure out what others see in it that makes it so fantastic. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad hotel, it just doesn't strike me as anything unusual for a Hampton other than it seems a bit newer that some others.
Located near the airport, and essentially in an industrial park, it is far enough from the airport to be away from the noise and close enough to companies in the industrial park that it is a great location if your business is there. That said, it is not really close (meaning you have to have a car) to restaurants or the city (read: ANY city).
Clean -- Check
Efficient Staff -- Check
Free shuttle to Oakland airport and all points within 3 miles -- Check
Hampton Breakfast (nothing to write home about) - Check
Hampton Inn -- Check
The one not so good thing that I noticed -- I stayed on the first floor and you could hear the second floor occupants through the ceiling. Whether they were heavy footed or if this is a general issue is not clear, but next time I am going for the top floor!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complimentary Guest Shuttle available from 4:00AM - 1:00AM daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport Hotel Alameda
- Hampton Inn And Suites Oakland Airport
- Hampton Inn Alameda