“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Southern California
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Hotel is off the beaten track, even some distance away from the airport terminal. This makes for a quiet location and few flights at night to disturb the peaceful waterfront location. There is a shapping center about 1 mile away with a handful of restuarants.
Facility is clean and well maintained, including fitness center. Good HD TV, free Internet, and breakfast.
One thing I wish they had are real glasses - I would easily pay $5/night more for that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Your comments about the advantages of our seemingly out-of-the-way location were well put. Our guests often comment on the quietness, serenity and the convenience of our hotel. Shopping and dining are nearby and we offer a state of the art fitness center for our guests.

Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Dhruv Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We had a night here while on a trip to Hawaii with an early morning flight from Oakland.
Arrived by rental car and dropped our bags, the hotel shuttle bus picked us up from the rental car station and we were told to leave the hotel about 1.5 hours before the flight to have time to check bags etc.
After a good sleep in the nice clean tidy room we were in the lobby at 0530 for a ride to the airport for our flight, also waiting was a couple needing to get a flight half hour earlier than us.
The hotels bus did not have a driver and we had to wait while the guy on duty called another hotel's bus to try and get them to collect us.
Eventually after about 40 very stressful minutes this happened and we all just made flights.
If we had known the bus would be a problem then we'd have kept the rental car and used that in the morning.
Not a great start to a vacation.

Apart from this the hotel was great.

• Stayed December 2012
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I also want to express my sincere apologies for the difficulty that you experienced with our shuttle service. The problem is not representative of the standard of excellence in service that we intend to offer our guests. We will use your comments to prevent future occurrences of a similar nature. Please call me when you are planning your next stay with us so that I can personally oversee the arrangements for your visit.

We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport.

Prospect
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Same overall 4 star facility quality as other Hampton Inns - but the staff made this a 5.

I had just spent 18 hours battling the snow storms that snarled air traffic on Dec 26th to arrive in Oakland and check into another hotel (Homewood Suites). The floor they put me on smelled like someone was cooking roadkill in cabbage. It permeated two floors of the three floor building!

Having no patience left - I called the Hampton and Jovy not only got me in, she upgraded me to a better room. When I arrived she rounded up some plates and utensils for me so I could cook up some dinner (they have a stocked pantry). For the first time that day, I felt like someone actually cared about the lousy travel day I had.

The enthusiasm continued on successive mornings with both Nick and Jorge - both men are outstanding ambassadors to the hotel.

This is my new hotel when visiting Oakland.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ron,

Your travel experience getting to our hotel during the terrible storms sounds like a memory that you would like to forget. I am so glad that we were able to get you comfortable and well fed upon your arrival. Our staff really enjoys helping our guests, so I will pass on your compliments to them.

We are proud to offer sincere hospitality to our visitors and we look forward to extending the same to you on your next trip to the Bay Area.

Thank you for choosing our hotel.

losangeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I just had a very nice stay this past weekend at the Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport. We checked in at 1 am very tired and the Gentlemen at the Desk was very helpful. He already had our keys ready and gave us an automatic room upgrade to a studio type of suite. Very nice. The room was immaculately clean. The walls were extremely sound proof. Being so close to the Airport; you could not here a thing. The beds are very comfy and we slept like a puppy. The rooms were amazingly warm for winter cold weather. Most properties I have stayed at, there rooms are not insulted enough for both weather and sound. This one was.

The breakfast was fantastic with fresh fruit, eggs (scrambled and omelets another day), hot oatmeal, assortments of breads, and fantastic choices of coffee, tea, milk, juice, and much more.

The Shuttle Drivers went out of their way and took us out of the 2.5 mile run since it was slow enough to do so, which made it very easy to get to the Raiders Game and to the Coliseum Bart Station to go places.

I highly recommend this property for any Business Traveler and also for families that are in town for the weekend. The Guest Service is Superior and I will always return to this property.

Room Tip: Ask for Studio Suites or upgraded room, but all the rooms are in fantastic condition.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Your highly favorable and thorough review of our hotel was wonderful to hear. I am glad that you enjoyed our delicious breakfast and our soundproof rooms. We receive excellent comments about our convenient shuttle, it’s great that you could take advantage of it for other fun things. Our hotel is a good stopping place for families and business people with our proximity to the bay and the walking paths.

I hope you can stay with us on your next visit to the Bay Area.

Oroville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We recently visited relatives in Piedmont and were looking for a quiet hotel in the area. The Hampton Inn fit the bill. Though it is near the airport the hotel was built for that and the outdoor noises are not a problem. If quiet is for you, ask for a place at one of the outer ends of the hotel.

The staff was friendly and helpful as well as professional. When we got there, we had been upgraded, and our room was really nice. If you can get a room on the water side, I'm sure the view will be nice at night.

Get good directions, as it is a bit out by itself. But that was all the better. There is a great area to run or bike, if you want a bit of exercise.

Breakfast had a wide variety and was well stocked.

Dear gdncd,

Your comments about our peaceful location with access to running and
bicycling were very nice to hear. Many of our guests are surprised and
pleased with the view of the Bay and the quietness of our rooms. You
mentioned the variety of the breakfast items which is popular with our
business and leisure travelers.

Thank you for choosing our hotel, we appreciate your business.

Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I chose to book a room at the Hampton Inn for a quick stay during a layover at the Oakland airport. When my flight arrived (after midnight) I called thr hotel for a shuttle and was pleasantly surprised. The guy was very friendly and provided perfect instructions on where to meet the shuttle. The front desk staff was very friendly and got us checked in quickly. Our room was immaculately clean with notes about the sheets and duvet covers being cleaned for our arrival. The breakfast had a wide variety of options and was delicious. When we checked the front desk staff was just as friendly and professional. The shuttle driver who drove us back to the airport was also very friendly and carried on a conversation with us. We should have stayed longer in this hotel as it really was excellent in all areas.

Dear Coastsearcher,

We appreciate your very nice remarks about our hotel for your late night
layover at the Oakland airport. I am happy that the shuttle driver was not
only on time, but also a source of pleasant conversation and useful
information. Our staff is proud of our cleanliness and courtesy to our
guests. I will pass along your compliments to them.

Please come visit us again for a longer stay in the Bay Area, you will
enjoy it I'm sure!

Reno, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Traveled to the hotel with family. We had a room with two queen beds. The furnishings in the room and bathroom were very modern. The bed was comfortable. Lobby and common areas were very clean, and the free breakfast has lots of options. Most of my travel is business, but this one was more for pleasure, but I'd recommend it highly either way. If you are looking for nearby attractions for kids, there are none, but we had plans in Berkeley and used the BART system. The nearest BART station is about ten minutes away.

Dear Eric,

Thank you for your kind remarks about the cleanliness and comfort of our
hotel. We try to make the hotel as pleasant as possible for both our
business and leisure guests. I am glad that your family enjoyed the
breakfast and that you can recommend us to all types of travelers.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Bay Area.

Dhruv Patel

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!