“Good location yet off the beaten track.” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Alameda
GreenLeadersBronze level
Oroville, California
“Good location yet off the beaten track.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We recently visited relatives in Piedmont and were looking for a quiet hotel in the area. The Hampton Inn fit the bill. Though it is near the airport the hotel was built for that and the outdoor noises are not a problem. If quiet is for you, ask for a place at one of the outer ends of the hotel.

The staff was friendly and helpful as well as professional. When we got there, we had been upgraded, and our room was really nice. If you can get a room on the water side, I'm sure the view will be nice at night.

Get good directions, as it is a bit out by itself. But that was all the better. There is a great area to run or bike, if you want a bit of exercise.

Breakfast had a wide variety and was well stocked.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear gdncd,

Your comments about our peaceful location with access to running and
bicycling were very nice to hear. Many of our guests are surprised and
pleased with the view of the Bay and the quietness of our rooms. You
mentioned the variety of the breakfast items which is popular with our
business and leisure travelers.

Thank you for choosing our hotel, we appreciate your business.

Dhruv Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I chose to book a room at the Hampton Inn for a quick stay during a layover at the Oakland airport. When my flight arrived (after midnight) I called thr hotel for a shuttle and was pleasantly surprised. The guy was very friendly and provided perfect instructions on where to meet the shuttle. The front desk staff was very friendly and got us checked in quickly. Our room was immaculately clean with notes about the sheets and duvet covers being cleaned for our arrival. The breakfast had a wide variety of options and was delicious. When we checked the front desk staff was just as friendly and professional. The shuttle driver who drove us back to the airport was also very friendly and carried on a conversation with us. We should have stayed longer in this hotel as it really was excellent in all areas.

Dear Coastsearcher,

We appreciate your very nice remarks about our hotel for your late night
layover at the Oakland airport. I am happy that the shuttle driver was not
only on time, but also a source of pleasant conversation and useful
information. Our staff is proud of our cleanliness and courtesy to our
guests. I will pass along your compliments to them.

Please come visit us again for a longer stay in the Bay Area, you will
enjoy it I'm sure!

Reno, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Traveled to the hotel with family. We had a room with two queen beds. The furnishings in the room and bathroom were very modern. The bed was comfortable. Lobby and common areas were very clean, and the free breakfast has lots of options. Most of my travel is business, but this one was more for pleasure, but I'd recommend it highly either way. If you are looking for nearby attractions for kids, there are none, but we had plans in Berkeley and used the BART system. The nearest BART station is about ten minutes away.

Dear Eric,

Thank you for your kind remarks about the cleanliness and comfort of our
hotel. We try to make the hotel as pleasant as possible for both our
business and leisure guests. I am glad that your family enjoyed the
breakfast and that you can recommend us to all types of travelers.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Bay Area.

Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here two nights while vacationing in California. We did use GPS to find the location so it was easy to drive right to it. When we arrived Elsa did a wonderful job of making sure we got just what we reserved. (She also handled the difficult customer in front of us very well.)
The rooms are clean and the kitchenette area was very handy. The bathroom was spacious and there are two TV's. One is in the sitting area and one in the bedroom. We had no noise problems from the street, other patrons or airplanes. Our room was on the second floor of the hotel.
The breakfast really is a full breakfast (unlike other hotels who claim to have a full breakfast but don't serve certain items). There also seemed to be a reasonable amount of space in the eating area although we took breakfast back to our room.
The drive back and forth from San Francisco was pretty effortless as well. Of course, we didn't make the trip during high traffic times. Also, our drive to the airport after our stay was quick and easy using GPS.
You don't go to Hampton Inn and Suites expecting five star luxury, but you do go expecting a reasonable price for a nice, clean room and great customer service. That is exactly what we got! I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Hookdontravl,

Thank you for your kind remarks. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Visit us again when you return to the Bay Area. I hope it is sometime soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed one night on business and thought this was quite nice. It is certainly out of the way, and you will need your GPS turned on to find it either by coming thru the City of Alameda or by driving there from the airport approach. If you are doing it the first time in the dark, as I was, it is something of an adventure.
It is very close to the airport -- from the hotel you can tell the color of the pilots' eyes as the planes go by. Still, I didn't hear any noise at all in my room, so it was no problem. And if you are flying from Oakland International, it is very convenient.
As with most places, there is a buffet breakfast. I was pleasantly surprised by it. Nice choices of cereals, waffles & scrambled eggs. I particularly liked the fact that I was able to have fresh fruit along with slivered almonds for my oatmeal.
My room was clean (and as noted, quiet). The maids had made a point of leaving little notes that not only the sheets, but also the duvets had been cleaned prior to my arrival. I had lots of decent sized and absorbent towels, and I as usual liked the idea that the bathroom had a counter on which I could place my stuff.
The gym was on the small side, but had decent enough equipment for my purposes.
My only complaint was that I thought the chair at the smallish desk in my room wasn't that great to work at.
If I stay near the airport again, this would be on my list.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comprehensive review of our hotel. Your compliments about our easy access to the Oakland Airport and the surprising quietness of the rooms, our extensive breakfast, the nice towels and bathroom's functionality were very well received.

We appreciate your business and we are happy to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I recently had the opportunity to meet Nanette following our horrible experience at the Hayward location. (note prior review) Initially, upon phoning Nanette was very helpful, she calmed me down and advised me of the steps necessary to ensure my satisfaction at ANY Hampton was guaranteed. She proceeded to apologize on behalf of the brand and held a room for us. (Yes, we got a room on a Friday even though they had a full house with the upcoming Sunday Raider game.)

When we arrived Nanette had gone, but no fear! Front desk Jovie picked up the ball and ran for 45 yards! Not only was she apologetic as I explained our ordeal, she offered me an even better rate! We love a savings! She was perfect - professional, friendly, helpful, courteous and extremely funny!

To say it was clean is an understatement, to say they provided exceptional service is an understatement, to say the coffee and food wasn't fresh and delicious (understatement), to say the location isn't one of the more serene spots in the Bay (you get what I'm saying)....On a scale of 1 to 10 I rate this spot a 20! I will continue staying at this location for future trips. Guess what, Nanette even pointed us in the direction of fun things to do, she printed directions and offered great restaurants we could try in Napa! (She was better than a travel agent) Did you know this hotel is less than a 50 min. drive from Napa? Not bad at all! Oh yeah, there's a walk/run path that will take your breath away as you look at the Bay Bridge and the harbor in the distance. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Even the guy at the front desk (can't remember name, Eduardo??) was helpful prior to checkout! Each team member here has the demonstrated customer service skills that would make even a celebrity feel welcome! (Sound like a commercial?)

Thanks to the Hayward location for helping us to find this hidden gem! WE THOROUGHLY ENJOYED OUR STAY! TIP: Stay at Hampton - Oakland/Alameda and you may even run into any one of the Raiders on game day weekends!

Room Tip: Suite 140 has its own entrance, close parking off side of hotel, quiet and near the end of the hall...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am so glad that we were able to turn your trip to the San Francisco Bay Area into a pleasurable one. Our staff enjoys sharing recommendations about the great things to do in our region. Our guests often say that our location is convenient and yet quiet and serene. Your commendations about our associates and the cleanliness of the hotel are very nice to hear.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our neighborhood.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights and was surprised of the service quality. Very friendly staff and spacious rooms with fast internet.

It's getting a bit loud in the morning when the nearby airport is is setting of, however overall fantastic value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you were pleasantly surprised by our quiet rooms and the exceptional value we provide. Our high speed internet access, large rooms and excellent service keep guests coming back. Thank you for staying with us, we hope you visit us again soon.

Dhruv Patel

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!