“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, TX
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here two nights while vacationing in California. We did use GPS to find the location so it was easy to drive right to it. When we arrived Elsa did a wonderful job of making sure we got just what we reserved. (She also handled the difficult customer in front of us very well.)
The rooms are clean and the kitchenette area was very handy. The bathroom was spacious and there are two TV's. One is in the sitting area and one in the bedroom. We had no noise problems from the street, other patrons or airplanes. Our room was on the second floor of the hotel.
The breakfast really is a full breakfast (unlike other hotels who claim to have a full breakfast but don't serve certain items). There also seemed to be a reasonable amount of space in the eating area although we took breakfast back to our room.
The drive back and forth from San Francisco was pretty effortless as well. Of course, we didn't make the trip during high traffic times. Also, our drive to the airport after our stay was quick and easy using GPS.
You don't go to Hampton Inn and Suites expecting five star luxury, but you do go expecting a reasonable price for a nice, clean room and great customer service. That is exactly what we got! I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Hookdontravl,

Thank you for your kind remarks. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Visit us again when you return to the Bay Area. I hope it is sometime soon.

232 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed one night on business and thought this was quite nice. It is certainly out of the way, and you will need your GPS turned on to find it either by coming thru the City of Alameda or by driving there from the airport approach. If you are doing it the first time in the dark, as I was, it is something of an adventure.
It is very close to the airport -- from the hotel you can tell the color of the pilots' eyes as the planes go by. Still, I didn't hear any noise at all in my room, so it was no problem. And if you are flying from Oakland International, it is very convenient.
As with most places, there is a buffet breakfast. I was pleasantly surprised by it. Nice choices of cereals, waffles & scrambled eggs. I particularly liked the fact that I was able to have fresh fruit along with slivered almonds for my oatmeal.
My room was clean (and as noted, quiet). The maids had made a point of leaving little notes that not only the sheets, but also the duvets had been cleaned prior to my arrival. I had lots of decent sized and absorbent towels, and I as usual liked the idea that the bathroom had a counter on which I could place my stuff.
The gym was on the small side, but had decent enough equipment for my purposes.
My only complaint was that I thought the chair at the smallish desk in my room wasn't that great to work at.
If I stay near the airport again, this would be on my list.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comprehensive review of our hotel. Your compliments about our easy access to the Oakland Airport and the surprising quietness of the rooms, our extensive breakfast, the nice towels and bathroom's functionality were very well received.

We appreciate your business and we are happy to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I recently had the opportunity to meet Nanette following our horrible experience at the Hayward location. (note prior review) Initially, upon phoning Nanette was very helpful, she calmed me down and advised me of the steps necessary to ensure my satisfaction at ANY Hampton was guaranteed. She proceeded to apologize on behalf of the brand and held a room for us. (Yes, we got a room on a Friday even though they had a full house with the upcoming Sunday Raider game.)

When we arrived Nanette had gone, but no fear! Front desk Jovie picked up the ball and ran for 45 yards! Not only was she apologetic as I explained our ordeal, she offered me an even better rate! We love a savings! She was perfect - professional, friendly, helpful, courteous and extremely funny!

To say it was clean is an understatement, to say they provided exceptional service is an understatement, to say the coffee and food wasn't fresh and delicious (understatement), to say the location isn't one of the more serene spots in the Bay (you get what I'm saying)....On a scale of 1 to 10 I rate this spot a 20! I will continue staying at this location for future trips. Guess what, Nanette even pointed us in the direction of fun things to do, she printed directions and offered great restaurants we could try in Napa! (She was better than a travel agent) Did you know this hotel is less than a 50 min. drive from Napa? Not bad at all! Oh yeah, there's a walk/run path that will take your breath away as you look at the Bay Bridge and the harbor in the distance. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Even the guy at the front desk (can't remember name, Eduardo??) was helpful prior to checkout! Each team member here has the demonstrated customer service skills that would make even a celebrity feel welcome! (Sound like a commercial?)

Thanks to the Hayward location for helping us to find this hidden gem! WE THOROUGHLY ENJOYED OUR STAY! TIP: Stay at Hampton - Oakland/Alameda and you may even run into any one of the Raiders on game day weekends!

Room Tip: Suite 140 has its own entrance, close parking off side of hotel, quiet and near the end of the hall...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am so glad that we were able to turn your trip to the San Francisco Bay Area into a pleasurable one. Our staff enjoys sharing recommendations about the great things to do in our region. Our guests often say that our location is convenient and yet quiet and serene. Your commendations about our associates and the cleanliness of the hotel are very nice to hear.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our neighborhood.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights and was surprised of the service quality. Very friendly staff and spacious rooms with fast internet.

It's getting a bit loud in the morning when the nearby airport is is setting of, however overall fantastic value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you were pleasantly surprised by our quiet rooms and the exceptional value we provide. Our high speed internet access, large rooms and excellent service keep guests coming back. Thank you for staying with us, we hope you visit us again soon.

Cameron Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

This is right by the airport but don't let that bother you, the windows are made that you cannot hear the planes at all. Comfy beds and nice clean rooms we even had a water view which was great. In a business park neighborhood but nice, would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2012
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your complimentary review of our hotel. We have a unique location being near the airport, business destinations as well as leisure attractions, with a water view. As you said, the beds are comfy and it is so quiet, so our guests are assured of a good night’s rest.

We look forward to your next stay with us soon.

Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Overall this hotel is in a quiet area (industrial / office area) along San Francisco Bay. Hotel is very close to Oakland International Airport but flights does not disrupt my sleep. I was staying on the first floor and the windows were double/triple panes; therefore, noise isolation is very good. Room was clean and tidy. From hotel to downtown San Francisco is about 25 minutes. Continental breakfast is good. On my way to hotel we drove along International Blvd (East Oakland) and the area along International Blvd is pretty run down with street people and drug users. NOTE: hotel is
not in the vicinity of International Blvd.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments about our quiet rooms, despite the convenient location to the Oakland Airport and San Francisco. Our guests are always happy with the good night’s sleep they get at our hotel, while being close to the airport or other destinations nearby.

The breakfast is another big hit, I am glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you for making the Hampton Inn & Suites Alameda your home away from home.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel twice. In 2008 and 2011. The hotel is brand new. We had a suite both times. The rooms are large, clean, good lighting, and fast internet (wired). The fitness center is not very large however it is well maintained. The pool area is nice and quiet. The hotel is close to transportation and offers shuttle service. The staff was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: First Floor Rooms have better access to the gym.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Your praise for our hotel was so well received by our staff. The helpful staff, large, comfortable rooms and accessible location are the features that make our hotel a popular stopping place for travelers to the San Francisco Bay Area.

Having stayed with us in 2008 and 2011, I hope that you don’t wait three more years for your next visit with us. Our thanks for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Alameda.

Dhurv Patel

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!