“Very good for what I expected.” 4 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Alameda
GreenLeadersBronze level
Alameda, CA
“Very good for what I expected.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Booked at the Hampton Inn Suites OAK/Alameda because I needed to be close to the office, knowing that the location is a bit isolated, not near restaurants, no bar, etc.. It was very good considering my needs. I had a King suite room, which had plenty of extra space for doing work and unwinding. Coffe maker, Mini-fridge and microwave were nice to have. Big LCD screen TV with plenty of channels, clean room, all good. Hampton Inn-style breakfast was better than I expected. Good customer response to issues: my shower head was a leaker the first morning, was not a great shower experience, so I mentioned it at the front desk after breakfast, and it was fixed by my return in the afternoon. Easy drives to restaurants, shopping and downtown Alameda.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was so nice to hear that we exceeded your expectations, that is always our goal. Guests often comment as you did about our spacious rooms, great TV with many channel selections, coffee maker and tasty breakfast.

Responding promptly to issues is the focus of our staff, your compliment about their fast action will be passed on. Thank you for telling us and thank you for making the Hampton Inn & Suites Alameda your place to stay while working nearby.

265 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Room was clean, comfortable, new construction. Hotel staff were courteous and helpful. Their continental breakfast was above average. The location is close to the airport and not much else. Fitness center was clean, functioning and had free-weights. I didn't try the pool. They have (free) breakfast bags to-go if you don't have time to sit down for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel for your extended visit to the San Francisco Bay Area. Your comments about our courteous staff and clean rooms will be conveyed to our staff. They like to know that their good work is appreciated by our guests.

The Fitness Center and On the Run Breakfast bags are two of our most popular amenities. I am glad that they made your two week stay at our hotel more enjoyable.

Our thanks to you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Alameda.

Maui, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Near the Oakland Raiders HQ. Five min. easy drive to numerous restaurants and bars. Front desk was very helpful, and shuttle came within 15 mins when called. Complimentary fresh coffee is always available. I did not eat at the morning buffet, but it looked good. My room was clean, and the bed was comfy. This is going to my hotel of choice for flights out from Oakland Airport. This hotel is isolated, and quiet.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am so glad that you found our location convenient to the Oakland Raiders HQ, restaurants and other attractions. In addition to the convenience, it is still quiet as you mentioned.

I will convey your positive comments to the Front Desk staff about their helpfulness, they all enjoy assisting our guests very much.

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Alameda. We definitely look forward to your next visit with us.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nice hotel, large rooms. Great housekeeping. I have come to know Hampton Inn for their great breakfasts that are included with your room..... this one was exceptional. Staff service and accommodating demeanor was superb. A smile and a hello even at 1 am. This hotel is definitely off the beaten path but a good value for nonetheless, and close enough to local attractions to be comfortable.
I didn't realize there was a beautiful waterside park just 300 ft past the hotel, great neighborhood for running, or an evening walk or rollerskating with the kids.
Be careful! This hotel seems to cater more to the business traveler. Advertised room rates are for weekdays only! Considerably higher on the weekend. Great stay for the family. If it had been just the two of us, I would have been better off choosing something closer to the city.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your complimentary review of our hotel. We have a unique location being near the airport, business destinations as well as leisure attractions, with a beautiful view of the San Francisco Bay. As you said, the beds are comfy and it is so quiet, so our guests are assured of a good night’s rest.

We look forward to your next stay with us soon.

Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is the best deal in all of San Francisco and Oakland Wine Contry. It's Brand New and off the beaten path a little. The Staff is Great and the price is right. I stayed there 9 days and there were some folks staying there for a few months. It is a GREAT Place to Stay in CA for the price. All the best and Thank You. I will be back in a next year to stay for 2 months. Mike

Room Tip: Room 330 Best Room ion the Place
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mike,

Many thanks for your commendations for our hotel. We may be off the beaten path, but as you found still convenient for business and leisure travelers. I will pass on your praise for our great staff, so they know that their hard work is recognized.

We believe that our hotel is an excellent value, I am glad you found it so. Please contact me for your return visit next year, so that I may welcome you back.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed at this location for one night, before heading into San Francisco. We had a late arrival into Oakland and decided it was best to just stay near the airport which worked out well.

When we called for pickup after we received out luggage they met us with ten minutes and quickly took us to the hotel. There is a nicely decorated, inviting lobby with a small front desk and nicely appointed common area. (Breakfast area) Check in was quick and courteous and even with our late arrival they had cookies available in the lobby. They have coffee and tea available 24 hours a day as well. They also recognized my HHonors Diamond status and upgraded us to a mini suite.They have a small convenience “Store” that had relatively reasonable prices on drinks (adult and not), snacks, and some microwavable food.

The hotel is in a mixed use business park but the waterfront side faces the landing path of planes. That being said, we did not experience airport or street noise, or other surrounding noise inside the hotel. They have triple pane windows which were nice. There appears to be plenty of parking near the hotel. Since we were only in for an overnight visit, we did not look at their workout facility, business center, or pool. The hotel has free internet access for guests and I found it to be rather speedy.

The rooms are typically decorated, and comfortable and the beds were comfortable. They have nice LCD TV’s that also allow you to hook up your HDMI compatible mobile device to them. The climate control works well and you can leave the blower motor on for white noise while the climate control is still functioning. Bathrooms are well equipped with plenty of storage and counter space. There is a tub / shower comb. Our upgraded room also had a full couch, wet bar, fridge, and microwave. The room included a well placed and large work desk. Everything was very clean.

The hotel offers free shuttle within 3 miles including dining and the airport. It would be nice if they would also shuttle you to the BART station, but alas this is the one thing lacking. That being said, the BART is a bit of a drive. They took us to the airport, where we caught the bus to BART and then on to San Francisco. They also honored our request for a late checkout as a Diamond member. There is also a commuter ferry nearby that goes into San Francisco, but it stops pretty early in the morning, so we did not opt to take this! (late flight and on vacation.)

The breakfast area had plenty of seating in the morning. Typical Hampton breakfast, the day we stayed it was omelets, potatoes, pastries, cereal, juices, coffee, etc. They had the "on the run bags: with an apple, muffin, cereal bar, water, and mints.

The staff was cordial. We would stay here again if the price was right and the need arose.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the bay also have a view of the landing planes, but with the triple pane windows the no...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comprehensive review of our hotel. You covered many of the unique “pluses” of our hotel: the lovely view of the bay with the silent planes landing, the nearby San Francisco Ferry, etc.

I am glad that you found the room clean and spacious and that the work space was comfortable for you. The breakfast and shuttle are always popular with our guests. I hope that you choose the Hampton Inn & Suites Alameda for your next visit to the Bay Area.

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

While visiting a friend during her summer research internship at U.C. Berkeley, I had the pleasure of staying at this fine establishment and was not disappointed. The hotel is located in a business park and is new, clean, quiet, and safe for visitors of all ages. The staff is excellent and I was very impressed by their professionalism and attention to detail. In shore, if my friend pursues her graduate studies in the Bay Area, then I will definitely stay at Hampton Inn & Suites when I come to visit her.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Bhotels, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear enrolledagent1,

Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel location and our staff. We believe that we have the best employees in the world, we are proud of their professionalism and their caring attitude towards the guests. I am glad that is evident to our guests.

I hope you are able to visit our hotel again. There are so many fun things to do and see in the Bay Areas, we would be glad to tell you about our favorite places.

Dhruv Patel

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!