“Oakland and San Francisco Wine Country” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Alameda
GreenLeadersBronze level
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Oakland and San Francisco Wine Country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is the best deal in all of San Francisco and Oakland Wine Contry. It's Brand New and off the beaten path a little. The Staff is Great and the price is right. I stayed there 9 days and there were some folks staying there for a few months. It is a GREAT Place to Stay in CA for the price. All the best and Thank You. I will be back in a next year to stay for 2 months. Mike

Room Tip: Room 330 Best Room ion the Place
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Mike,

Many thanks for your commendations for our hotel. We may be off the beaten path, but as you found still convenient for business and leisure travelers. I will pass on your praise for our great staff, so they know that their hard work is recognized.

We believe that our hotel is an excellent value, I am glad you found it so. Please contact me for your return visit next year, so that I may welcome you back.

Dhruv Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed at this location for one night, before heading into San Francisco. We had a late arrival into Oakland and decided it was best to just stay near the airport which worked out well.

When we called for pickup after we received out luggage they met us with ten minutes and quickly took us to the hotel. There is a nicely decorated, inviting lobby with a small front desk and nicely appointed common area. (Breakfast area) Check in was quick and courteous and even with our late arrival they had cookies available in the lobby. They have coffee and tea available 24 hours a day as well. They also recognized my HHonors Diamond status and upgraded us to a mini suite.They have a small convenience “Store” that had relatively reasonable prices on drinks (adult and not), snacks, and some microwavable food.

The hotel is in a mixed use business park but the waterfront side faces the landing path of planes. That being said, we did not experience airport or street noise, or other surrounding noise inside the hotel. They have triple pane windows which were nice. There appears to be plenty of parking near the hotel. Since we were only in for an overnight visit, we did not look at their workout facility, business center, or pool. The hotel has free internet access for guests and I found it to be rather speedy.

The rooms are typically decorated, and comfortable and the beds were comfortable. They have nice LCD TV’s that also allow you to hook up your HDMI compatible mobile device to them. The climate control works well and you can leave the blower motor on for white noise while the climate control is still functioning. Bathrooms are well equipped with plenty of storage and counter space. There is a tub / shower comb. Our upgraded room also had a full couch, wet bar, fridge, and microwave. The room included a well placed and large work desk. Everything was very clean.

The hotel offers free shuttle within 3 miles including dining and the airport. It would be nice if they would also shuttle you to the BART station, but alas this is the one thing lacking. That being said, the BART is a bit of a drive. They took us to the airport, where we caught the bus to BART and then on to San Francisco. They also honored our request for a late checkout as a Diamond member. There is also a commuter ferry nearby that goes into San Francisco, but it stops pretty early in the morning, so we did not opt to take this! (late flight and on vacation.)

The breakfast area had plenty of seating in the morning. Typical Hampton breakfast, the day we stayed it was omelets, potatoes, pastries, cereal, juices, coffee, etc. They had the "on the run bags: with an apple, muffin, cereal bar, water, and mints.

The staff was cordial. We would stay here again if the price was right and the need arose.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the bay also have a view of the landing planes, but with the triple pane windows the no...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comprehensive review of our hotel. You covered many of the unique “pluses” of our hotel: the lovely view of the bay with the silent planes landing, the nearby San Francisco Ferry, etc.

I am glad that you found the room clean and spacious and that the work space was comfortable for you. The breakfast and shuttle are always popular with our guests. I hope that you choose the Hampton Inn & Suites Alameda for your next visit to the Bay Area.

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

While visiting a friend during her summer research internship at U.C. Berkeley, I had the pleasure of staying at this fine establishment and was not disappointed. The hotel is located in a business park and is new, clean, quiet, and safe for visitors of all ages. The staff is excellent and I was very impressed by their professionalism and attention to detail. In shore, if my friend pursues her graduate studies in the Bay Area, then I will definitely stay at Hampton Inn & Suites when I come to visit her.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Bhotels, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear enrolledagent1,

Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel location and our staff. We believe that we have the best employees in the world, we are proud of their professionalism and their caring attitude towards the guests. I am glad that is evident to our guests.

I hope you are able to visit our hotel again. There are so many fun things to do and see in the Bay Areas, we would be glad to tell you about our favorite places.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is a great hotel, right by the Oakland Airport. Free pick up at the Oakland airport (often more reasonably priced than SFO). A $20 cab ride gets to to BART for a trip into downtown San Francisco, or the shuttle will take you to the ferry and you can ride across the bay to downtown. The hotel is quite, right on the water and right on the lovely bay side walking path on Alameda Island. But the best part of this hotel is the helpful, friendly staff. No restaurant, and no room service.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Bhotels, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Allison,

Thank you for expressing your appreciation of our hotel. We think the location is fantastic for the close proximity to Oakland and San Francisco and it is still affordable. I am so glad that you enjoyed the walk on the Alameda Bay. It is incredible to be in the City, but feel so relaxed by the water.

Please visit us again soon.

Regards,
Dacula, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I worked for a corporate entity near Hampton Inn. And I must say, the manager and team were absolutely excellent! I was also looking for my Hhonors # and the manager was home off work and text messaged me the right directive to get my information...and it worked! I loved the staff in Alameda, CA and if I should ever return, I will surely rest comfortably with this team. Thanks, Dhruv for all you do!

Darlene

Room Tip: Just call the hotel for directions, they have had a lot of people following GPS systems, as I did wh...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Darlene,

It was no problem at all to find your membership number when you needed it. I am glad we were able to help you out. Our staff enjoys working with our guests, that is what makes our jobs fun.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our last day of vacation to be near the airport for an early morning flight. The hotel seems very new. The staff was very helpful and the room was spotless.
We did not try their breakfast because our flight left so early. This is a safe area. The hotel is not within walking distance to any restaurants. There is a nice little walking area beside the hotel.
If using the Oakland airport again, I would definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Murrieta, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Overall, Our stay was enjoyable, especially the daily continental breakfast. We had two average rooms, overlooking the pacific ocean. We found the staff to be accommodating, although they failed to resolve our issue. The one problem we had was the bath tub drainage.The tub became a safety issue when it wasn't draining fast enough during a normal shower. We stayed for two nights, and we informed the hotel desk of this issue on the first night. We never got any feedback. I would recommend this hotel, but make sure you get a room with a working tub drainage.

Room Tip: Make sure your room tub drainage is working properly. There is no restaurant in the hotel, so make...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!