“Great location, poor service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel

You added Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   30100 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills, CA 91301 (Formerly Renaissance Agoura Hills Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Agoura Hills
San Antonio, Texas
“Great location, poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Older hotel could use some upgrades. "Club Room" was old and musty and the limited amenities did not warrant the extra cost. They took food out earlier than closing time while people were still there. You had to,pay for cocktail hour which you were misled to believe was complimentary when you book the room. Staff overall was not friendly, especially the weekend bar staff. They were very rude and the weekend security guard stressed out our group and tried to force us outside on a cold evening after the bar closed at 11:00pm on a Saturday. Chloe and another young man on duty Monday and Tuesday morning were very nice and helpful. Other than that, I was not impressed with the service. Would not recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't overlook concrete and air conditioning units. Good luck.
Green Features: They seem to be environmentally conscious for room cleaning options.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Sheraton A, General Manager at Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Tripn2691,

I am terribly sorry to hear about the service issues that you encountered during your recent stay. We are addressing our rooms where we are scheduled to go through a renovation at the end of the year. As for the bar and security staff, thank you for noting this so that we can address with the appropriate players and get this corrected. We take service very serious here, and will definitely work to correct the problem. Hopefully you will give us another opportunity to win your business back.

Warm Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Strongsville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The Sheraton was very friendly and very clean and comfy beds and pillows. It was very convenient to where I was going and it fit my needs perfectly. The front desk was very friendly. I would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Every room is a good room
Green Features: I am not sure about their environmentally friendly practices
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear traveltime31197,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with our ultra comfy beds and great front desk staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Happy Travels,
Helotes, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I would just like to say, I NEVER write reviews but I had to make an exception.
I was VERY disappointed in my stay at this Sheraton! Our reservation was May 22 to May 26. We were there for a wedding and had a special room price, however, I will NEVER stay there again nor will I ever recommend this hotel to anyone.
First off, the rooms were very small, and the view was RIDICULOUS!! It was my first time in California and when I opened my shades all I saw was a cement wall and an air conditioner! The entire trip our shades were closed… I am paying $150 dollars a night and that was the view I got?! Not only was my room like this but 2 other family members as well. Rooms 245, 247, 255 (basically the whole side of the hotel)
Next, they ran out of champagne when the mother and father of the bride specifically asked them to over stock for the weekend. And to top it all off, the bartender was so smug about the whole situation. Ex. My sister and I arrived after everyone else and when we went to ask for a drink the bartender said “We. Are. Out. I already told your family” Ummm… Really?!
And another thing: My family, every night would go down to the bar area to mingle and the security would come and ask us to take our party somewhere else but wouldn't ask any other parties to leave. We said we would leave if they asked the others to do the same but they refused. Granted, we did provided our own drinks because the bar ran out of our preferred beverage, their excuse was “we were the only people being loud.” Excuse me but there were other parties going on in the bar every night, all with their own drinks, and when we all stopped talking, the other parties provided 80% of the noise. The security admitted that “the front desk just wanted us out” and “he knows that is wasn’t just us.”
On the last day, at about 3 pm, we went right back down to where we had been all the other nights to watch the Spurs game, and a different bartender strait up took our drinks as well as my aunt glass that she had brought from home! It wasn’t even their bar glass. They said that there was some “open container law” that was being violated. ON THE LAST NIGHT! Never once did they mention anything about that the other FOUR nights!
These people clearly had it out for us and the entire family was offended and disappointed! It isn’t about the champagne or the taking away of the drinks, it’s about the disrespect that the staff showed us. We were never out of control nor did we deserve the kind of service we were provided with.
And, for crying out loud, NO ONE should have to look at a cement wall!! Those rooms should be discounted or closed off completely!
Then only good think about this hotel was the insanely comfortable bed…. That took up 80% of the room. Other than that, I have nothing good to say about it.

Room Tip: Higher floors!!! No room 241-on (odds)
Dear Chelsea K,

I feel terrible regarding the experience you just described. Please call me when you have a moment so that we can discuss in more detail at the hotel. Thank you.

Ontario, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Was there for a quick getaway with my wife as we were headed to Malibu and Santa Monica, so this was in a fantastic location to get there with easy from. Room was a good size, although the ceilings were a bit low, so a little claustrophobic top to bottom.... clean, comfortable, great bed, and nice bar to have a drink/food... so a very nice stay.

Green Features: Nice policy if you are staying for more than a day...they offer points (if a starwood member) or certificates for food if you pass on housekeeping...really good idea to offer a bonus for this.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Markj4golf,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to getaway with your wife, and that you had a most enjoyable time with us. Yes, our beds are really comfortable and we hear that all the time with our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. Hopefully you will be able to getaway again sometime in the near future. We look forward to seeing you again!

Cheers,
Rossmoor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here overnight while attending a nearby Bat Mitzvah. Best value of all nearby hotels. Nice, clean. Our room overlooked the parking lot on the first floor. Not to exciting, but met our needs well.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Tkt2fly2,

Thank you for the kind words on your response. It's great to hear that we met your needs during your recent trip. We look forward to hosting you again when you are in the area.

Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Even the suites are tiny. On site restaurant is down stairs is not great either. The morning breakfast is worth buying. I would recumbent adding breakfast. The bar is open till late in the night. There is a nice bar and restaurant in the strip mall across the street.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton A, General Manager at Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Srinikan,

I hope we can have the opportunity in the future to convince to you that our hotel is better than OK. Hopefully you will give us another try so our staff can really make it up to you.

Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We spent two nights at this Sheraton for a little get-away from South OC. It was delightful! Close to Santa Barbara and wine country, but very quiet, and not too pricey. The bed was super comfy.
The food in the club lounge was very good, but it was not well supervised, and I saw people from other floors flood in and take out huge plates of food. Plus - at other Sheraton club floors we can order beer or wine. No such luck. In fact, there was not even an attendant most of the time.
The room was nice and spacious. Drawbacks... stain on the carpet and the bedside lamp did not work. This property is pet friendly, and we were able to bring our small dog - that was nice.

Room Tip: When visiting the club lounge - byob and sit on the balcony at sunset!!!!
Green Features: I appreciate being able to choose when the linens are changed.
Dear Adelle I,

It sounds like you really enjoyed your getaway at our nice, quiet, and serene property. Thank you for the comments on our club lounge for we will definitely work on the club lounge so that it is a much better experience going forward. We will be going through a full room renovation soon so there will be a new, re-freshed room soon to come.

Warm Regards,

Been to Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!