“Amazing Experience. I was so Happy Happy Happy !!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel

You added Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   30100 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills, CA 91301 (Formerly Renaissance Agoura Hills Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Agoura Hills
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Amazing Experience. I was so Happy Happy Happy !!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Wow I can't wait to stay there again. Just now writing the review almost 30 days later and guess what ... the memories of my experience at this hotel still make us very happy happy happy! Everyone made both my husband and I feel very special. Initially Javier and Elena (on the phone) set the tone for my stay. They both were very kind and good listeners. Then Glenn at check-in was very informative and friendly. Both my husband and I were very impressed by his introduction to the property. The hotel lobby was absolutely beautiful with a nice outdoor sitting area and also a really nice bar area. Loved both of the bartenders. Christian made me the best Lemon Drop in my life .... tasted just like the lemon candy I had when I was a child. Happy. Happy. Happy. And Julie was a wonderful hostess/bartender. The rooms were average size but were nicely decorated and very clean. And they had the biggest and most comfortable King sized bed I had ever seen in my life. It was obvious that Housekeeping had a good staff. Chloe was a very upbeat and knowledgeable Sheraton Property person) , Paolo (phone) and Rochelle at check-out are ALL pleasant additions to the staff. This is a nice stop over place in a quaint area .... On your way to Ventura, Malibu or Hollywood and just want a minute of nice quiet then by all means check this hotel out. You will be happy happy happy. Not to forget the food was pretty good too ... simple but delivered a good experience for sure. I do not live in the area but look forward to my next rest stay at this hotel. Good place for business and weddings.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonAgouraHills, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Rhonda H,

Thank you so much for taking the time share your wonderful feedback with us regarding your recent stay with us. We are so pleased to hear you had such a great experience and out friendly, hospitable staff was able to accommodate your every need. We have shared your kind words with each and every one of them. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Farmington, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Celebrated a wedding in Malibu.Their were a lot of us, from 3 to 93.The front desk staff was very helpful in assisting us with "things to do in the area" that was a little something for everyone.
The rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable.
Breakfasts and happy hour were average,but the hostess made sure it was well stocked and kept the table/area clean.
Good area, within walking distance to restaurants or bars across the street if you do not want to drive.Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear italianmama1951,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback with us regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear you selected our hotel for your stay in Agoura Hills for the wedding you attended in Malibu. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our convenient location and were able to have a great time while away. We hope next time you are out our way you will visit us again.

Thanks again!
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We just returned from a trip to California and stayed at this hotel. My husband is a frequent Sheraton guest, as he likes to stay in Starwood properties, and has stayed in this hotel a number of times, even though it is a bit far from his company. It is a good hotel for business, but don't suggest it for anything else.

I dropped my husband off at his business meeting and went to the hotel to check in. I have checked into hotels for him all over the world and never a problem, except in China. The staff at the desk of this hotel, however, made me feel rather like a two bit prostitute trying to check in using someone else's credit card and a false identity. In spite of the fact that I had numerous pieces of identity (aka driver's license and passport) showing that I was who I said I was, they insisted that I actually CALL my husband and "get his permission" to check into the hotel. What the hell??? As a 50+ year old woman with a platinum American Express card, I can't check in and have to ask my husband's permission because the reservation is under his name?

Then there was the room problem. We always book a king size room. Always. However this time we were told that "that was not what you booked. You booked the standard double room." What the hell? We NEVER book that type of room. But whatever. Apparently there were no kind rooms available unless it was a handicapped room, so we took the double. The room was fine but only fine. It was a bit cramped with the two beds, but it was clean. The bedding was really nice as in all Sheraton's, but the curtains?? Straight from 1972. Multiple colored stripes??

We usually always book the club floor with club access, but with this hotel, don't bother. The "club" is on the 5th floor and an oversized room with about 3 tables. Also they have "Happy Hour" with no complimentary wine or beer. ?? What's the point then? When we asked why no free beer and wine, we were told some crap about "California law prohibits...blah blah blah". Funny how when my husband stayed there in April, he had Happy Hour there with complimentary beer. So what changed? We ended up going back down to the desk and telling them to take club access off our bill. We didn't want it.

All in all, it felt like the staff was more worried about following their manager's "rules" than keeping the guest happy. The bellman outside never once said hello or greeted us as we walked to the front door, not to mention even thinking about helping us with our bags. The front desk staff, instead of arguing with me regarding the type of room and repeated telling me "but that is how your husband booked the room", should have been more flexible. Honestly don't act like you are doing me a "favor" booking me into one of the "club" rooms when my husband has Starwood status that guarantees him one of those rooms. The best staff member that I came in contact with was the nice maintenance man that came to my room to fix one of the outlets in the room. He was very pleasant, apologetic about disturbing me and quick in doing what he needed to do.

All in all, if you are on a business trip and are in the area, it's fine. However next time we will probably try the Marriott or the Hilton closer to my husband's company.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Redwood City, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had a wedding in Malibu and the room block for guests was at this hotel. The first thing that stood out was that when we first pulled up the car to the front, the attendant didn't say anything or do anything. After I unloaded the car, I approached the attendant who was just standing around and asked if there was valet service - he gave a brief and terse, "no" and that was it! So I got into the car and parked. Parking was abundant, and not having valet is ok, but some politeness and help from the staff would have helped more.

The front desk staff was better, and the lobby was nice - looks like it had been updated but not very recently. Felt more like a business hotel.

The room was small, and the decor was pretty atrocious, but I like more modern, clean design and similar colors. The drapes reminded me of being at a chucky cheese in the early 90's - super colorful. The bed was very comfortable (as expected from a starwood property), and the room was pretty standard for a Sheraton besides that. Definitely nicer ones out there, but I've seen worse also. It should be noted though, that either the neighbors in the rooms surrounding had kids that were louder than any other children in the world, or the walls were incredibly thin - most likely the louder. That in conjunction with screaming toddlers and loud conversations made it a little more difficult to sleep.

Overall if I had to come to this area again, I'd probably stay here, but if not I wouldn't venture here for leisure. Had a good stay, but the hotel could use updating.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This was a very comfortable hotel for business in Agourra Hills, very near Malibu. No complaints at all and overall stay was great. Not a very high end hotel but has all you really need in a very trendy, modern atmosphere. Definitely would return if in the area again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank your for your great review and sharing feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our convenient location, our signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds comfortable and that you would stay with us again on your next visit to the Malibu/Agoura Hills area. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

As many other visits I take at any Starwood property, the food is always perfectly cooked, seasoned, and ripened to serve. The quaint, relaxed atmosphere, and pleasant staff is one of the few reasons why I am a proud Starwoods member and will stay a valued member for a long time.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed at this hotel because we were attending a wedding from out of state and this is where they decided to get a room block. Upon checking in, the front counter was extremely nice and well mannered. They provided some toothpaste and a shave kit upon request (shave kit is horrible though) and thanked us for staying here. Later that evening, we went to the bar and bought some over-priced liquor but was also treated to some great service there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear mwy23,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our hotel and to learn that our staff was one of the highlights of your stay. We know you were here for a wedding block, but hope to see you again soon the next time you are in Southern California. Thanks again for the great review!

Been to Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!