“Apathy” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel

You added Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   30100 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills, CA 91301 (Formerly Renaissance Agoura Hills Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Agoura Hills
Long Beach, California
“Apathy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I am an avid SPG person, Ambassador status and the hole deal - this place is a PIT! Management couldn't be more apathetic to you being a road warrior with 150+ nights on the road per year. Good luck trying to order a beer at the club lounge because no one can be found and no one answers the room service line to take a food order. I'm really not being a diva, if you don't believe me, you can experience this dump first hand yourself - just kno that I warned ya, and you're on your own for food... Drinks... Towls... Etc...

• Stayed July 2012
SheratonAgouraHills, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear GrantP2,

We are so sorry to hear that you did not have a good stay at our hotel. At the Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel, we take our guests feedback very seriously and are disappointed to hear you did not get the high standard of service one should expect from a Sheraton. We value our SPG Members and are sorry to hear that our staff was not able to assist you in a timely manner while you were staying with us. We have addressed this with our management and staff to ensure this type of service and experience does not happen in the future. We hope you will give us another chance and show you the high level of service that the Sheraton Agoura Hills and our staff provides. If you have additional feedback we would love to hear from you. Please contact the hotel directly and we'd be happy to discuss with you further.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I really got a good deal from Hotwire for a weekend stay at this hotel. Everything was as expected at a hotel of this grade (well, unless you are very picky person). I had a pleasant stay. Second night I had a bit of problem with AC unit in my room making strange noise in the middle of the night that I couldn’t do anything about and eventually stopped…

Room Tip: They gave me a room on the ground floor, I usually don't like my room on the ground floor, but i...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the great review, we appreciate your feedback. We are so thrilled to hear you had a pleasant and quiet stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

my husband and I stayed here for one night. the receptionist was very friendly nice. As we entered the room, we saw it was really clean. the pillows were extremely soft and comfortable, will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel. We are so thrilled you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed and had a comfortable and restful night sleep. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Palm Springs, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Purchased my hotel room thru priceline as always, and named my own price. Went to hotel on 6/14/13 to check-in to this beautiful Hotel. An Asian Clerk was helping another couple, and had just directed them to the elevators, pleasantly advised them they were on the 7th floor with a beautiful view of the valley. He then told them "have a pleasant stay with us, Mr & Mrs.....". I stepped up, to the same clerk and again he was very pleasant at first, until he pulled up my reservation. He looked at the screen, without saying a word proceeded to make my keys. He told me my room was "Just past the elevator, on the left side of the bar" pointed towards the bar, and did not say my name nor have a pleasant stay. I proceeded past the bar, to a small carpeted ramp, that led down to a corridor that had a sign (1st picture). I saw that there were about ten rooms, just past all the function rooms, at the end of the dated carpeted hallway (picture #2), passing a function room and bathroom (pictures 3 and 4), my room was right next- door, and accross from the housekeeping department (picture 5). I entered my beautiful room, and I do mean beautiful. Nicely redone with beautiful decorations and linens. If the room was not nice, I would have went back to the front desk to complain. But it looked clean and comfortable, and since I was only there overnight, and I arrived late, I decided to take the room, and go to bed. Throughout the nite, I heard the housekeepers talking and slamming doors. At about 2am, it was quiet and was able to sleep very soundly after that. When I awoke the next morning, I opened up my curtains and saw my view (last picture). I was truly in the basement! I decided to take my coffee, and have a walk around the property. I went up the elevator to the 4th and 7th floors, to see what the hallways looked like. Beautifully redone, nothing like my hallway in what I have now named the "Priceline wing". After seeing the difference between where I was and where the rest of the guests are staying, and the contrast, I decided to write a review on here. Wrapping up, the hotel is beautiful, the room was beautiful, but the fact that I was put in an area of the hotel that was probably kept for the "discounted people", I was overall disappointed. If you buy a discounted room on any website, you should get the same room as someone paying full price. It does not say on the website that you get a lesser room, or different section or wing of the hotel for the rate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
SheratonAgouraHills, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay. While we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel and fresh guest rooms, but are disappointed to hear about your experience with your room location and the noise. We value all of our guests and strive to offer exceptional service to everyone, so we are sorry to hear you did not get that level of service with our front desk and were disrupted by our housekeeping. We truly hope you will stay with us again and next time please let us know of the situation so we can correct it while you are staying with us. We have addressed your concerns with the appropriate departments to ensure other guests do not have the same experience.

Thank you again and hope to see you again soon at the Sheraton Agoura Hills.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was seemingly nice and clean. Service was fine. We were staying for just one night after a wedding nearby.
We were put in room 431 and everything seemed fine at first when we checked in. After we got back from the wedding and tried to get some sleep that's when the problems arose. The room above us was obviously not carpeted and every footstep seemed to echo on hollow wooden planks. There were quite a few events going on at the hotel this weekend. The loud steps went on all night. The air conditioner and the fridge humming added to the noise level as well. Even though we were exhausted from the wedding we still had troubles sleeping.
As we were checking out we asked the front desk if all of the 5th floor (which is top floor) has wooden floors. We found out just our room 431 was under a clubhouse! If the hotel has events booked in the clubhouse, they should not book guests in room 431.
Hotel was not bad but if you stay here do not stay in room 431.

• Stayed June 2013
SheratonAgouraHills, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear CarpeDiem823,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your recent stay. We are pleased to hear you chose our newly renovated hotel as your place to stay for a nearby wedding and found it nice and clean. It is unfortunate, however, that you were not able to get a restful night sleep due to the noise from a number of hotel functions occurring that weekend, as our guests satisfaction is our number one priority. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate departments so that instances like this can be eliminated in the future. We hope you will give us another chance and would love to welcome you back next time your are visiting the Agoura Hills area. We would also be happy to place you in a quieter section of the hotel as well.
Devon, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This place is great for anyone that needs to return a hire car before flying (Enterprise was minutes away).

The beds were so comfortable, and the egg white omlette in the morning was delicious.

There is a Starbucks inside the hotel, and a dining room....the food there wasn't AMAZING, but it filled a hole.
Of course with a hotel this size it's difficult to get a truly personal service, but for an airport hotel that doesn't really matter.
It's more than fit for purpose, and it gets an extra star just for the quality of sleep I got - very quiet room, comfy bed.

Room Tip: I am sure any room would be excellent as they all have the same beds (which I was informed can be bo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is a beautiful location backing up to the Mountains. The hotel is a smaller Sheraton. The rooms are quiet. We had a larger corner room, but could hear people walking up the stairwell.
The staff are all very friendly and helpful. Elevator is fast. The room was nice, but the lounge chair needed to be cleaned. We didn't use the TV at all. The bathroom did not have a make-up mirror, which would be very helpful!! Although the hotel is older, it was cleaned well.
The best part is the super comfortable bed, we didn't wake up once during the night!

There is coffee in the room, only two filters and two creamers. They charge $2. for coffee downstairs. They provide one bottle of filtered water for free. The breakfast downstairs is $20, which we didn't do. There are no stores close to the hotel, but a few offramps downs the freeway.

We used the pool, which took a few minutes to get adjusted to. Although it is a smaller pool, it is beautiful with trees and the mountains, which block some wind.

We would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room in the back.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Agoura Hills
Homewood Suites Agoura Hills
#1 of 3 in Agoura Hills
4.5 of 5 stars 498 reviews
Hyatt Westlake Plaza in Thousand...
#3 of 4 in Westlake Village
4.0 of 5 stars 469 reviews
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Vill...
#1 of 4 in Westlake Village
4.5 of 5 stars 865 reviews
Malibu
Malibu Beach Inn
Malibu Beach Inn
#1 of 6 in Malibu
4.5 of 5 stars 394 reviews

Been to Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!