“Good hotel with nice facilities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel

You added Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   30100 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills, CA 91301 (Formerly Renaissance Agoura Hills Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Agoura Hills
Miami, Florida
“Good hotel with nice facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is a confortable hotel that has nice rooms, the only thing that is that it is located a little bit far away from downtown, but on the other way it is close to the beaches. It has a fitness room and a nice pool.

Room Tip: I did not realize any difference between the rooms..
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SheratonAgouraHills, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Lucas,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we greatly appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear that you were able to experience our newly renovated hotel and enjoyed our close proximity to the nearby Malibu beaches.

Regards,
Sheraton Agoura Hills Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed here for three nights with my teenage niece and two of her friends on a recent trip to Los Angeles to do some sightseeing. When booking the hotel, I decided that it was worth it to stay about 35 miles north of where the majority of our sightseeing was located due to the value this hotel provided for its price over the hotels in the Hollywood and santa Monica areas. (We drove down from Northern CA, so it was better for us to stay North rather than South of Los Angeles.)

The hotel is located right off Highway 101 and very easy to find. There are a number of fast food options within a mile of the hotel, and a Trader Joes grocery store about a mile away as well. Traffic heading into Los Angeles wasn't bad, unless you were taking Hwy 405 off Highway 101, which we did not do. Returning from the Getty on 405 one evening was slow going though.

We had Room 309 with two double beds, a desk an armchair, a balcony with a table & two chairs and a spacious bathroom with a long counter, which was nice for having multiple people get ready at the same time. Due to the location of our room, the balcony looked over the roof of the lobby, but looking straight out of the room, you had a nice view of the hills.

The room comes with a small refrigerator and a microwave can be requested free of charge. Because they are moved often, the one we received was pretty dented up, but functioned just fine. There's also an in-room safe in the small closet, which was large enough to hold a laptop. WiFi at the hotel is $9.95 per day, but as a Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Gold member, I opted to have free WiFi as my "perk" for the stay. It worked fine & the speed was adequate. No problems signing on, but I did have to sign on again each day, as it asks you to accept the daily charge. This was automatically reversed from my account due to the SPG Gold benefit.

As another traveler mentioned, there is a large full length mirror that is right next to one of the beds, which helped in having 4 ladies getting ready at the same time. We also had a full length mirror on the closet doors, so we had several places for people to get together. We did find there to be a shortage of outlets when everyone wanted to charge camera batteries, cell phones & iPods at night, but we had aunusual number of devices between the four of us.

Overall, the room was clean and comfortable. (Beds were really comforrtable!) Although the website said they had Aveda bath products, they actually had the "Shine" brand. In the room, they provided shampoo, conditioner, soap, bath gel, a small bath "scrubby", and a little packet with 2 cotton balls, 2 Qtips & a mini emery board. The room is stocked with three sets of towels, so the first two nights, we had to call down to have a fourth set brought up. They were quick to deliver and on the third night, we found 4 sets of towels when we returned form our day of sightseeing. The shower has low water pressure, which really needs improvementt. It may save water, but since it's so low, it takes twice as long to rinse off & get all of the shampoo/conditioner out of your hair, so you end up taking twice as long and using the same amount of water. Staff was very friendly and helpful during check in and check out.

The only issue we had was that the area around the HVAC unit didn't seem to be sealed well and we could feel the cold air from outside coming in under the unit, which is through the wall and a few inches off the ground. It made for cold feet when you were near the door or at the desk.

If we go back down to Los Angeles, I would definitely stay here again. It was well worth the room price I paid.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Having seen a cheap rate on Kayak, I booked this late in the day and proceeded to check in within the hour.

The staff were welcoming enough, there was free parking which was a bonus. Prior to using it, I noticed the toilet had some toilet paper in it. There was also some human hair on the seat.

The bed was extremely comfortable, however was so high off the ground, it was almost too difficult to climb into.

After settling in, I proceeded to the bar downstairs. There was free wi-fi at the bar, which should be promoted, as many hotels on my trip haven't offered this.

I ordered a Jack and coke for ~$9. After I'd finished, I wanted abother one, but the bar was unattended. After 2 more patrons arrived, the barman came back. He served the other 2 first, then poured me another drink. After I'd finished, the same thing happened, 2 other patrons that had arrived after I'd finished my drink were served first. I settled my bill and retired for the night.

In the morning, I had a shower and the plug couldn't be removed. This mens that your feet stay in the dirty water, rather than draining away. After finishing my shower, I had to wedge the shampoo bottle lid under the plug to allow it to drain.

Little things that impacted an otherwise pleasant one night stay.

Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for Rose Bowl and short getaway trip with my daughter and her friend. This hotel was a bit further away from the things we were doing than I expected, but that was my mistake, not a reflection on the hotel. The hotel is very nice, staff very friendly, easy to get to from 101 and area was very safe. Bed was comfortable, but the room was quite small. For example, the large mirror (only one outside of bathroom) was literally inches away from the bed, and had no outlets near it. I know this is an extremely minor issue, but wanted to point it out, as there were 3 girls traveling together, and it made it a little hard to get ready simultaneously.
Had to pay for internet, but parking was free. There were very limited dining options in the immediate area. We enjoyed our stay, but if we come again to do things in LA, I would stay closer to the city.

San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights over Xmas to visit family.....
A bit further away from the family's Ventura area, but decided on this place over the other SPG option, which I had stayed in over Thanksgiving...

Glad we did.......a bit more driving was required, but it was worth it.

Check in was a breeze, was upgraded to a nice suite, due to my SPG status, plenty of room and the bed was very comfortable.
Was provided breakfast buffet in the restaurant every morning, they included this for the kids too, but they never actually stayed with us at the hotel. It was good, the waitress/waiters were very friendly (and concierge/maid service)

WIFI worked great.

On the Concierge's suggestion, went to The Lab the first night for few beers, they had a nice selection of micro-brews, and was right across the street.

Only went to the club lounge once. It was a very small room, with some soda pop, and a few snacks.
The hotel is huge, really spread out. Since our room was basically the farthest from the elevators, we ended up using the stairs to get to the car during our in and outs.

Bathroom was big with a large tub, and walk in shower, only thing that slightly bugged me, was the shower, very little pressure. Had I brought some pliers I would have checked to see if there was some type of restrictor preventing full power.

Definitely the place to stay in the Ventura area if you want to go with the SPG chain. We'll be back anytime we need a place in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Arroyo Grande, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Though not exactly close to downtown LA, this Sheraton, if your destination is the coast near Malibu or the Thousand Oaks/Calabasas/west San Fernando Valley area, is a terrific value.
Clean, well-maintained, spacious rooms with comfy beds and a Club Level with complimentary breakfast are some of the draws. Breakfast included hot scrambled eggs and sausage and bacon as well as the standard cereals, fruits, etc. Seating is limited inside but there is an outdoor section if the weather is good and the views are delightful.
Staff at all levels is friendly and "in-service." Ask and you will be accommodated! Check various websites for good price as it varies. Starwood site also runs specials from time to time.

Room Tip: We like it really quiet so if you are of like mind, ask for a room facing the mountains behind, not...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wray, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel before running the Malibu International Marathon. We were really spoiled by the front desk. There was a little confusion at check in, mainly because of poor communication from the folks in charge of the marathon. We were given a great room on the 3rd floor, with a balcony overlooking the pool. We were also given club level access, which was really nice. I would highly recommend paying extra for that. There were appetizers and soft drinks in the evenings, and hot breakfast (eggs, bacon/sausage, breads, fresh fruit, hot/cold cereal, juice) every morning in the club room. The bed was huge and comfy. The room was very quiet--except for a couple of hours when some rude person decided to ditch their dog in their room so it could bark like crazy. The bar is small, but the bartender is nice. Food service in the bar area was exceedingly slow. The pool is small, but ok for a quick dip to cool off. This isn't really a kids hotel. It would be a good hotel for business travel. Overall the staff was awesome--They even sent wine and cheese to our room to welcome us to California!. I would stay here again. There are a couple of restaurants across the street. We ate at Lab Brewing which was fun, with good food/beer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Agoura Hills
Homewood Suites Agoura Hills
#1 of 3 in Agoura Hills
4.5 of 5 stars 500 reviews
Hyatt Westlake Plaza in Thousand...
#3 of 4 in Westlake Village
4.0 of 5 stars 471 reviews
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Vill...
#1 of 4 in Westlake Village
4.5 of 5 stars 871 reviews
Malibu
Malibu Beach Inn
Malibu Beach Inn
#1 of 6 in Malibu
4.5 of 5 stars 395 reviews

Been to Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!