“Yuck” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
LA
“Yuck”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Basically, you pay mid-range prices for cheap quality food that lacks flavor. Everything tastes the same, the servers aren't friendly, you feel very rushed (both while ordering and while eating since they clean up waaaaayyy too quickly) and there is zero ambiance.

If you have a sushi craving and want a local sit-down restaurant without spending a lot , then go to Sushi Raku (in the Pizza Hut shopping center on Kanan Rd, Agoura Hills) or make the drive to Bada Sushi in Thousand Oaks (off the Moorpark exit).

Sushi Raku - quiet, small, better for an intimate experience. There's always coupons in the local mail.
Bada Sushi - loud, big, music, back room for parties, fun servers, great for groups. I love it here! Mike, the server that looks like an Asian Fogle (from Superbad) is HILARIOUS and SO MUCH FUN!

PS: if you do want to splurge, you have to go to Onyx at the Four Seasons in Westlake Village. Everything is AMAZING! It's fresh, unique, flavorful, great server, romantic setting, nice but not stuffy, delicious desserts (free mochi ice cream on your bday) and always a wonderful meal!

• Visited May 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Las Vegas, Nv
“I wouldn't eat here again even if it were the last place on earth for sushi.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

The service at this place was staggeringly bad. We felt as though we had to beg to be fed. Our waitress never checked on us even though she glided by our table back and forth several times; she avoided eye contact at all cost.

Our waitress brought the miso soup/salad/rice that come with the chicken terriyaki long after the dish was already consumed. We also had to ask for wasabe which I thought was standard issue in a Japanese restaurant. By the time it came to our table, however, I had already eaten most of my sushi. We finally had to cancel the last batch because the wait had gotten ridiculous.

In fairness, the food (when it did come) was good, but not good enough for me to be willing to endure their appallingly bad service. I don't expect top-notch, especially, from a modest place such as this, but Sushi Agoura's was, for us, beyond redemption. We won't be back. By the way, the busboy was the only worker in that restaurant worthy of praise.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
aliso viejo
“great environment with friendly workers including owner!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2008

this place was a great place to go and eat. owner was way too nice to us. which is great :). totally recommend this place to go and eat!!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Excellent fresh sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2008

Excellent fresh sushi

Calabasas, California
“Great Food, Lousy Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2008

My husband & I just ate at Sushi Agoura on Friday night. We got there at 5:30 and it was already packed. Although the sushi was excellent, the scene was so-so. It's not a great place to go on a date. They have only 4-5 wines (white, red, blush, plum.) The were out of Kieran Light too. It is definitely a place to get Take Out sushi, but I don't think I'd sit down & eat there again. There was a lot of Take Out traffic and it was quite small inside. And I would definitely recommend the food, but not the atmosphere.