“Best BBQ anywhere” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Agoura Hills, California
“Best BBQ anywhere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food here is outstanding, eat in, or take-out. It can be on the noisy side, and the seating is not very comfortable,especially for more than four people

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Oak Park, California
“Screw it up 4 out of 5 times”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I have been coming to this location for years but stopped going a few months ago. I have taken family, co workers, and sometimes just by myself. The last five visits, I had to send my steaks or burgers back because they were either cooked incorrectly or were so fat filled, there was little meat to enjoy the steak. The excuse is always, you should try the other cut, it's better. Then why serve a strip cut if it's bad and charge $25? If it's cooked well and a nice cut, the steak isn't bad.
One time I brought co workers and I had to send the burger back twice. I guess Medium is an obscure temperature to cook meat. Don't waste your time, I certainly don't.

Visited November 2013
Portsmouth, RI
“Good solid food at a fair price. Huge portions and great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

On first entering it seems like any old bbq joint that you go to for your bbq OK fix. This place is great! Huge menu. I took a walk around and glanced at what people were eating and it all looked wonderful. I settled on the combo platter and chose ribs and bbq chicken. The chicken was out of this world. Great flavor and super moist. The sides were yummy as well. My other half ordered a burger and I wasn't offered a bite, which usually happens, so you know it had to be good. My daughter ordered a combo with tri-tip, chicken and brisket I think. So much she took most of it home. It was all very good. Ask for Rachel.....a sweetheart of a waitress!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Shouldn't have waited to so long to try it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

So, I'm back in SoCal again, and have been meaning to try Wood Ranch for AGES. Finally did it last night. I had the half free range roast chicken with fries and broccoli, the boss had a burger and black beans. My chicken was excellent, I could taste celery salt in the rub, amongst a whole bunch of other herbs and spices. Divine - and no wonder the waiter gave me a subtly odd look when I asked for mustard (before tasting the thing!). Big mistake - absolutely NOT needed. The skinny fries (and I usually prefer steak fries - even more preferable - off someone else's plate!) were really, really good. Steamed broccoli - done to perfection. Whilst the burger (medium) was good, the boss rates those at Brent's (still my #1 choice in Weslake itself) as better.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hidden Hills, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great bbq”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

they always have excellent food. Went spur of the moment... very busy..ended up getting food to go. Excellent service, next time we'll call ahead!

Visited January 2014