“Nice addition to the neighborhood.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Oak Park, California
“Nice addition to the neighborhood.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Been here several times and really enjoyed it. The menu is good sized with many choices. Prices are reasonable and we've always received very good service. Haven't dined on the patio yet, waiting for warmer nights. Looks very appealing. My favorite dish is the chicken breast in lemon sauce. Comes with mashed red potatoes and fresh sautéed vegetables. My wife really enjoys their salads. I can truly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Port Hueneme, CA
“Try the Santa Fe Scramble & Flaky French Toast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband and I like to get on our Harley Road Glide and take a nice ride on weekend mornings to have breakfast and enjoy beautiful southern California. Today we decided to try a new place... Jinky's Cafe in Agoura Hills. The menu is immense... so much to choose from.

We shared the Santa Fe Scramble and the Flaky French Toast. Both were amazing... yummy and full of flavor. The Santa Fe Scramble was served hot and mixed a bunch of wonderful flavors including onions, chorizo, cheese and tortilla strips. It's served with Jinky's signature pea guacamole which has a distinctively indian flavor that we both enjoyed. The Flaky French Toast was sweet and crunchy. Jinky's syrup is light and sweet. We also ordered a side of the Jinky's potatoes which were superb with onions and wonderfully seasoned potatoes.

While a bit more expensive than what we'd normally spend on breakfast ($25 for the two of us with no drinks), this was a memorable breakfast and we'll be back again soon!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calabasas, California
“Indoor/Outdoor Fun & Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

There's a pretty good menu here and plenty of indoor and outdoor seating. Still, it can get crowded. The food I've had has been good each visit and I've been here about three or four times now. Service was average but its a relaxed environment and nobody in our group was in a hurry. I'll be making a visit here again soon!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newbury Park, California
“Curried chicken salad-Yuk!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I had lunch at Jinky's because I had heard such good things about it. I ordered the green iced tea and a curried chicken salad. The green ice tea was fine. The salad was cooked chicken chunks in a super sweet goopy Sysco type of gelatinous sauce that was barely edible. Unfortunately I expected chicken chunks in a light simple curry paste or spice infused. This was over simple iceberg lettuce and tomatoes. If you like something that tastes sweet and slimy this is for you.

The service was good and friendly.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
West Hills, CA
“Love the Chili!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Lovely restaurant with a large selection of choices on the menu. I went for lunch and had chili. They even allow you to have tasting samples to choose the right one for you! It was amazing and hard to select just one. They change the chilis up each day, so you can always have something new. Love the restaurant. Can't wait to go back and try the breakfast menu.

The only downer here - Parking.

• Visited July 2012