“Poor Second Experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Arkadelphia
Universal City
“Poor Second Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had stayed at this motel just a few months before and were satisfied. This time, we had problems getting the staff's attention at check-in. We were told a lie about why it took them so long to respond. Then the room had no internet access. Finally, the bed was very soft and uncomfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Normally I do not write hotel reviews, but I feel morally and ethically obligated to share my story. My mom and I checked into this establishment on last Friday night, exhausted from a long drive. Later in the night, I was awakened to find bed bugs in my bed and on my pillow, at which time I awaken my elderly mom, only to find bed bugs in her bed as well! Although the gentleman at the front desk changed our room, we not only had to endure the awful smoke smell of the now smoking room (all that was available on the first floor and they do not have an elevator), but also found bugs in one of the beds in that room as well. My mom is having a terrible reaction to numerous bites on her face and body. I advise, that if you plan to risk staying at this motel, you carefully inspect your bed by lifting the sheets and checking to see that bugs are not lodged in the crevaces of the mattress on all sides; also, check your pillows by removing the pillow cases. Be warey of any dark specks, be they tiny or small. We found them from fat and full of bright red blood to very tiny and full of blood. In all of the Super 8 motels I have stayed in over the years, this is by far the worst experience of all! Certainly, I would not recommend anyone stay at this establishment until it has been thoroughly fumigated!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed here for just a night while visited hot springs, everything was good, no issues. Not much for breakfast so we decided on cracker barell
What is nice is you can walk to wendys next door for a frosty which was great after being in the heat all day

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I am currently staying at this motel with my husband and two children. Normally I wouldn't write a review and if I did it wouldn't be typed on my phone. Which is what I'm having to do now. Why? Because I have no internet connectivity! The breakfast they offer is a joke. Prepackaged mini muffins, danish, corn flakes, and raisin bran are a few of the "wonderful" selections. The rooms are gross. Mold/mildew seem to be an issue. Also, don't expect decent fridges or microwaves in the room. Our air conditioner is leaking all over the carpet. We've already switched rooms once. If it wasn't already past check-out, we would switch hotels and pay a little extra elsewhere. We've stayed at Best Western and that was decent and not too pricey. They have a good breakfast and friendly staff. I would steer clear off Days Inn and Super 8. We're in town to spend some time with a terminally ill family member so we're already stressed. It would be nice not to have to deal with frustrations and possible health issues due to our lodging accommodations. Spend a little extra and stay elsewhere!

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

we stay at this Super 8 a lot! owners are so nice rooms are clean & comfortable, close to good restaurants, or Wendys across parking lot if you want good fast food, only 26 miles to Hot Springs, we have NEVER been disappointed here! highly recommend!!!

• Stayed April 2012
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I have never stayed at this hotel and have canceled my reservations – so my review is based on their customer service before the stay….

We are driving from Houston, TX to Canada in June 2012 – so we were planning to spend the night at this hotel just so that we could rest for the night.
We originally booked 2 rooms for $35/night via the Super 8 website back in October 2011.
When we changed our itinerary, we had to cancel the rooms.

About 2 weeks ago, we went back to our original plans and re-booked, but at a higher price.
We had called the hotel directly to see if they would honor our previous price, but they said no and we preceded to book both rooms at $45/night.
Since this was a verbal confirmation, I never received an email to confirm.

2 weeks later, I called the hotel directly and was able to obtain the confirmation number.
I tried printing my information off of Super 8’s website, but it would say that my reservation could not be found.
I called the 800 number for customer service and they could not find it either.
I called the hotel directly and the lady did confirm but didn’t understand how we got the rooms for $45/night as that is not their summer rates.
I asked her if she could email/fax me the confirmation with my pricing and she said no….

The following day, I called back to see if I would have luck with a different associate.
This time, upon answering the phone, the lady was screaming in the background and it sounded like she was fighting someone off.
My heart was pounding as I sat there and listened to what I assumed she was being robbed. Suddenly the line disconnected.
I kept calling and no one would answer.
Finally after 3-4 times, the lady answered and I asked her if she was ok bc if not, I was about to call the cops.
She said yes, but passed the phone to a man, which she continued to scream at in the background.
He was extremely rude but I proceeded to tell him that I wanted my confirmation sent to me.
He answered me very rudely “So what?!? You want to cancel it??”
I explained to him that all I wanted was my reservation in writing as I didn’t want to arrive and they not have me in their system or honor the price that I had gotten.
He finally told me that he would email it to me- just to shut me up, I assume, bc a week later, I never received the confirmation.

I understand my review is not based on a stay, but if they offered poor customer service before my stay – what could I have expected when I did stay?
Needless to say, I have canceled my reservation and found a different hotel.

I did call Super 8 customer service to see if they could help me and they stated that each hotel is independently owned and operated and it’s up to management.
And after asking my concern “what if he still charges my credit card for supposedly not canceling” since I don’t have proof, she said all she could do was have me call the hotel directly to dispute the charges.

Well, all I can say is that reflect poorly on them as a chain…

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Arkadelphia, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Me and my wife were on a long road trip from Kentucky to south Texas. We stopped at Super 8 in Arkadelphia off exit 78 in the evening and were greeting by a friendly gentleman. The price was great, and fell into a comfortable clean bed. We woke up 10 minutes past checkout time the following morning and I called the front desk to applogise for the delay. The lady at the desk said not a problem and they didn't charge us for a late checkout. The wireless internet connection is fast, the cable t.v. is a large screen, and the air condition worked perfect. The continental breakfast is a great morning starter. We enjoyed it so much that on the way home, we stopped by the same hotel and the gentlman at the front desk remembered us from a few days earlier. If your traveling down I30 and need a relaxing nights tay, or are near Hot Springs, this is the place you want to stay.

Room Tip: The suites in 300 room numbers are worth the extra 10.00.