We made a reservation to stay here four months out based on a group rate for an event that we were attending in the area. We were told that the property was to open in January - as we were set to arrive in March, no problem, or so I thought.
I was following up when I did not see the promised email confirmation and was told that things had been pushed back, but we would be fine for our arrival date. I waited and when we were a week out and still had not heard, I emailed again - no response, so I booked at another brand. I hear back from them and I let them know that I had moved on and to please cancel my reservation. They apologize and I think that we are all out of their system as I had cancelled the reservation with them.
72 hours before our arrival in Phoenix, I receive an email from another hotel confirmation our reservation. I NEVER CONTACTED THEM. This Hilton had decided, despite the fact that I told them I had made other plans that they would share my name, address, unlisted home phone number and credit card information with another hotel. I contacted the other hotel to cancel the reservation that I did not make - no response. I called my credit card company to place a fraud alert on my card to protect myself from authorized charges - a major issue when I am leaving on a two week long business trip.
I have been travelling for well over 20 years and this is the worst experience that I have ever had - if this is how they behave BEFORE they open, I can only imagine how fouled up things will be when they do actually get the property up and running.
I would understand a delay in opening and I was fine with it until they decided to share my information without my consent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located off I-10 and Avondale Boulevard, in the progressive West Valley corridor of Phoenix. We are very close to restaurants, golf, shopping, movie theaters and other attractions such as the Jobing.com Arena, Phoenix International Raceway and the new University of Phoenix Stadium! You can relax knowing the quality and assurance of the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix-Avondale has to offer being a part of the Hilton Family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale Hotel Avondale
- Hilton Garden Inn Avondale
- Hilton Avondale
- Avondale Hilton