“overall experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Avondale
GreenLeadersSilver level
“overall experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

very nice location but could use a store close by to purchase items forgot at home. The hotel was very noicy the whole week becasue of spring training for baseball. I wouldn't have stayed had I known all the young baseball players were staying there. They are loud and obnoxious.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for your review, and I apologize for the noisy neighbors. We do pride ourselves on providing the best in guest service and accommodations and please note we addressed your comments with the team manager.

We do hope to see you again soon, and again thank you for your input.

Happy Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bothell, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I felt I was in a 4 star hotel, the lobby was tastefully decorated and the rooms were very comfortable. There was a charge for the breakfast but the quality and serving portions for the cost was very reasonable at 9.95 and there were several choices for cooked to order alternatives as well as cereal, yogurt and sweet rolls. We did not have an opportunity to try thier lunch or dinner options but we heard that they were also very good. There is also a very nice outdoor seating area with a stone fireplace and a fountain where you can also choose to eat your meals or have a drink. Another nice amenity is adjustable comfort bedding where you can dial in the firmness of your mattress. All of the above made for an excellent stay, I just wish I was able to stay for longer than I did.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your fantastic review! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Mary Lambert
Santee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Overall this hotel was okay. Friendly staff, but noise level in room was very loud. I had a first floor room. I could hear noise (loud) from parking lot and near by street. Not a favorite from this chain.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for your review! I apologize for the noise during your stay. I have also sent you a response via email from your hotel survey.

We thank you for your feedback, it only helps us to get better!

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We have stayed at Hilton Garden Inn's before and have enjoyed it every time. This hotel was very clean. The lobby, restaurant and rooms were spotless. The staff were always pleasant and helpful. The restaurant served very good meals and they always seem to have the best chefs. It was nice that there was always fresh coffee, water and snacks available. The hot tub at the end of the day was very relaxing. They cleaned the pools every morning. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the fantastic review!

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and notice the extra efforts we put in to make sure we are offering the best in service and accommodations!

South Pasadena, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

The restaurant in this hotel has the BEST food. yop quality and perfectly prepared. I do not like the mattresses at all. The staf is very good, hotel is very clean. I would stay there again even with the horrible mattresses.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments on the food, we take great pride in our food and are so delighted you enjoyed it.

In regards to the bed, I apologize the adjustable mattress was not comfortable for you. Was it too soft or too hard? We can adjust it for you on your next visit!

Again, thank you and Happy Travels!
Portland, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed for two nights week of 1/20/14. The location is SUPER easy to find right of of the I- 10 freeway. The Homewood Suites is right next to it (they share a driveway). There is a Ruby Tuesday within walking distance and on site restaurant. The mall is a short distance away if you need something - and there are other areas with fast food also close by (just a few minute car ride). The area out front of the hotel is under some type of construction - not a bother and they seemed to work during normal business hours. Easy to get to/from the airport.

Check in was pleasant - rooms are clean and adequate. Rooms facing the rear of the hotel face the freeway so there is some slight noise, but this didn't bother me late at night, especially with the fan of the A/C on. I was on the top floor which was nice - I heard very little other room noise. A/C worked, everything else worked as should. There is a Keurig in the room for coffee which was a nice touch as well as a mini fridge and microwave. Good water pressure and plenty of warm water in the shower.

My only complaint with the room was that on my second morning starting around 9:30 am my bed started to shake with slight vibration- same effect in the bathroom - there is obviously a laundry room some where close by even though I couldn't find it when I looked. If it was the floor beneath me I can't image being right next to it. It was a bit irritating. The first day I was up early - and out of my room by 6 am so I didn't experience this. I was in room 412 so if you plan to sleep in - ask for a different room!

I ate in the restaurant both nights of my stay - pretty decent prices and plenty of space to spread out - they have a tv or two at the bar as well. Staff was friendly. Food was pretty good too.

Overall a great Hilton Garden Inn and cleaner than average.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for your great review!

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the food and staff. I want to apologize for the “laundry room” sound. We do have laundry facilities for the guest and a separate one for the hotel – however, they are both on the first floor. We greatly appreciate you sharing this information with us so we can investigate further; I am rather curious myself.

We know you have a choice and thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale!
chattanooga, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Great hotel and location. Had they provided free breakfast it would have been in line with the rest of the industry. Bed was OK but I should have told them to turn it because it was worn and sunk in the middle... air conditioning good.. TVs could have been bigger but overall a nice place

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for your review! As stated there are many Hilton brands that offer a complimentary breakfast, the Hilton Garden Inn brand has a full service restaurant providing cook to order breakfast.

I also want to apologize for the bed, we have a Garden Sleeper System bed which is air adjustable. I will ensure this is looked. And I am delighted to report, only being a 6 year old hotel, the televisions where the latest and greatest things "back then" and we are in the process of replacing our current LCD's with larger ones.

Again, thank you for taking the time to complete a review and I am delighted you and your group enjoyed your stay with us.

Mary Lambert

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale? Share your experiences!