“Good stay at Hilton Garden Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Football Season Specials!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Avondale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Canada
“Good stay at Hilton Garden Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We have stayed at Hilton Garden Inn's before and have enjoyed it every time. This hotel was very clean. The lobby, restaurant and rooms were spotless. The staff were always pleasant and helpful. The restaurant served very good meals and they always seem to have the best chefs. It was nice that there was always fresh coffee, water and snacks available. The hot tub at the end of the day was very relaxing. They cleaned the pools every morning. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for the fantastic review!

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and notice the extra efforts we put in to make sure we are offering the best in service and accommodations!

Happy Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
South Pasadena, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

The restaurant in this hotel has the BEST food. yop quality and perfectly prepared. I do not like the mattresses at all. The staf is very good, hotel is very clean. I would stay there again even with the horrible mattresses.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments on the food, we take great pride in our food and are so delighted you enjoyed it.

In regards to the bed, I apologize the adjustable mattress was not comfortable for you. Was it too soft or too hard? We can adjust it for you on your next visit!

Again, thank you and Happy Travels!
Portland, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed for two nights week of 1/20/14. The location is SUPER easy to find right of of the I- 10 freeway. The Homewood Suites is right next to it (they share a driveway). There is a Ruby Tuesday within walking distance and on site restaurant. The mall is a short distance away if you need something - and there are other areas with fast food also close by (just a few minute car ride). The area out front of the hotel is under some type of construction - not a bother and they seemed to work during normal business hours. Easy to get to/from the airport.

Check in was pleasant - rooms are clean and adequate. Rooms facing the rear of the hotel face the freeway so there is some slight noise, but this didn't bother me late at night, especially with the fan of the A/C on. I was on the top floor which was nice - I heard very little other room noise. A/C worked, everything else worked as should. There is a Keurig in the room for coffee which was a nice touch as well as a mini fridge and microwave. Good water pressure and plenty of warm water in the shower.

My only complaint with the room was that on my second morning starting around 9:30 am my bed started to shake with slight vibration- same effect in the bathroom - there is obviously a laundry room some where close by even though I couldn't find it when I looked. If it was the floor beneath me I can't image being right next to it. It was a bit irritating. The first day I was up early - and out of my room by 6 am so I didn't experience this. I was in room 412 so if you plan to sleep in - ask for a different room!

I ate in the restaurant both nights of my stay - pretty decent prices and plenty of space to spread out - they have a tv or two at the bar as well. Staff was friendly. Food was pretty good too.

Overall a great Hilton Garden Inn and cleaner than average.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for your great review!

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the food and staff. I want to apologize for the “laundry room” sound. We do have laundry facilities for the guest and a separate one for the hotel – however, they are both on the first floor. We greatly appreciate you sharing this information with us so we can investigate further; I am rather curious myself.

We know you have a choice and thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale!
chattanooga, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Great hotel and location. Had they provided free breakfast it would have been in line with the rest of the industry. Bed was OK but I should have told them to turn it because it was worn and sunk in the middle... air conditioning good.. TVs could have been bigger but overall a nice place

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for your review! As stated there are many Hilton brands that offer a complimentary breakfast, the Hilton Garden Inn brand has a full service restaurant providing cook to order breakfast.

I also want to apologize for the bed, we have a Garden Sleeper System bed which is air adjustable. I will ensure this is looked. And I am delighted to report, only being a 6 year old hotel, the televisions where the latest and greatest things "back then" and we are in the process of replacing our current LCD's with larger ones.

Again, thank you for taking the time to complete a review and I am delighted you and your group enjoyed your stay with us.

Mary Lambert
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

This hotel is a great example of Hilton garden inns. The place is pretty new and very clean. Every meal I've had from the restaurant or room service has been very good. I stay here every time I'm working I'm Goodyear.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review!

We know you have a choice while visiting in Goodyear, and thank you for being our guest at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale! Will share your comments witn the entire team! See you on your next trip!
Portland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Very nice accommodations. Don't let the small look of the bar and restaurant fool you, it's very pleasant and friendly. Close to Westgate for dining, shopping or seeing a sports event. Right off the I-10 15 minutes to Sky Harbor Air Port and the happenings over at Mill Avenue.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for writing a review and for your great comments! We are delighted you enjoyed our amenities and the area - hope to see you soon!

Happy New Year!
Mary Lambert
Lowell, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

This was my second stay at this property. The hotel is very clean and guest rooms are quiet. The restaurant has quality food at a fair price. It's located close to I-10 and there are a lot of dining choices easily accessible if you choose not to eat at the on-site restaurant. This HGI is an excellent choice for business travel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for writing a review on your second stay . . . and we definately look forward to your third! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and wish you a very merry holiday season!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale? Share your experiences!