“HOTEL RATING” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Avondale,AZ, United States
“HOTEL RATING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

A great place to stay with clean rooms, friendly staff and easy access to the expressway/restaurants/downtown Phoenix. Good bargain too. Safe neighborhood and very good security. Would stay there again with zero reservations

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your great comments! We are delighted you enjoyed yourself and I will definitely be sharing your comments with the Team!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Wilmington, NC, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed here for a week for business where the conference was in the hotel which was great, but if you want to go out and do anything the trip to get there is more than average. The beds are amazing! Taxi fare from the airport is $65!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments and we have to agree, those Garden Sleeper Systems are a dream!

Being in a newer area - we understand the lack of night live, etc within walking distance and do provide a van for area transportation - we don't want you to miss anything!

Again, thank you for choosing us!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn at Avondale was an excellent choice for our conference even though you can keep the 110 degree days in the Arizona sun! We were in want of nothing (except for maybe a bit cooler weather).

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your wonderful comments and we enjoyed having you with us last week! I am sorry we didn't have a little better connection with Mr. Sun to be easy on you while you were here! lol

Again, thank you, I will share your comments with the entire Team! Happy Travels!
Cumming, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Nice facility. This was our fourth or fifth visit to this facility and we have never been disappointed. The staff is very friendly, the grounds are always kept nice and the hotel is always quiet. It is very close to where our son lives which makes it very convenient. The only meal we have eaten in the restaurant is breakfast and it was good. There are a lot of nice restaurants a few miles down the road.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
And we love having you! Thank you so much for your comments and thank you for choosing us for your travels! See you soon!
Spokane, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Very nice, fresh, hotel. Robert at the front desk is great! Our double queen suite was very nice. TV's (x2) are a little small but that's minor. No free breakfast...:( Good location on the West side of Phoenix. Close to freeways. (But no highway noise that i noticed). Nice pool.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for posting and for your great comments. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you back soon!
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I'm a Hilton member and hate to give up my points but I'd recommend staying at the Holiday Inn Express nearby. I showed up without a reservation and asked the desk clerk the difference between the two hotels (there is a hilton homestead suites across the courtyard) - she didn't really know (no problem on that). I asked for a top floor room facing the other hotel and she told me she couldn't get me one that she could get me a third floor room on the other side (so I thought it was top floor, turns out it wasn't). When I went to my room I bumped into the maid who didn't say hello and looked a bit unhappy (no worries, we all have bad days). The room had a very small flat screen TV, perhaps 24 inches - not a real problem but I thought it was odd). The desk set up is good and the desk chair is fine. The lounging chair is surprising uncomfortable and, for me, unusable. The windows were very dirty (the hotel is on the edge of the desert so perhaps it's understandable). I went out and bumped into the same maid and the custodian in the elevator and both were unfriendly (now I started thinking it was odd)
The internet connection is shockingly slow - it was 431 down and 165 up. The speed is a real killer for business people and if you're a business traveler, or need internet for streaming you should avoid this hotel. I went to the lobby where there was actually no service. Bed was very comfortable (one of the best I've slept in). Person above me got up at 4:30 am and you could hear every step . Breakfast was $10 versus free at Holiday Inn Express. Rooms at both were $143.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize you did not receive smiling faces and warm greetings - we pride ourselves of our service. In regards to the WiFi, we are in our final steps of the bandwidth expansion - just awaiting the cut over. The televisions were "the in thing" when opening in 2007, we are in the process of replacing with 32" television as needed - this won't be completed immediately but is in progress. I am delighted you enjoyed the bed, the Garden Sleeper System is like sleeping on a cloud!

Again, we greatly appreciate your comments, and we do understand there are several choices out there. We would be delighted to have you stay with us again, please allow us to shine -
Sierra Vista, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

When we arrived, we were met by a manager telling a part of our group the could go to another hotel. This was over a code of conduct paper for our players. This might have been fine excepted not ever group was asked to sign it. We finially made it to our room. I turned the A/C on to our suite. Half of the system worked and the other did not function well. I made a call for some help and was told someone would be up in awhile. We never heard from them again. The breakfast seemed to have plenty of food for everyone. the rooms were clean. We did not notice any bugs or varments. The pool area was maintained. I think the trip would have been fine if we were greeted in a professional matter. First impressions do mean alot.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
I would like to apologize for any inconvenience in regards to your stay. I am slightly confused however, for we did not have any groups in this past weekend – so I was wondering if you would be so kind to email me at mary.erickson-lambert@hilton.com so I may gather more information on dates, etc.

It is very important to us that we provide the best in guest service and accommodations.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avondale
Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale
Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix West/Avondale
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Area
BEST WESTERN Tolleson-Phoenix Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale? Share your experiences!