“Hilton Garden Inn Avondale, AZ was great!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Avondale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, United States
“Hilton Garden Inn Avondale, AZ was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I really liked this hotel. I made the mistake of not renting a car but I didn't end up needing one. The hotel shuttle took me wherever I needed to go within a 5 mile radius! Breakfast was just ok. They have a great workout room that I didn't know about prior to my arrival. It wasn't crowded either. I would definitely stay again either on business or with my family.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for the great review! I am delighted you were able to use the shuttle during your stay and you enjoyed the newly remodeled fitness room. I apologize breakfast was just ok - was it the food choice, service, etc?

I will definitely share your comments with the team, and if you would like to email me with more information my email is: mary.erickson-lambert@hilton.com

Happy Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
CLiff, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great place for the price. Clean right off the freeway. Nice big rooms, clean pool. Would recommend to anyone, better price than other nearby hotels. Clean lobby, nice entrance to hotel, staff friendly, restaurant in house. I did not eat thier but looked clean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We pride ourselves on cleanliness and we know how important it is to you, our guests!

I will definitely share your comments with the team! Happy Travels!
Murrieta, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This Hilton Garden Inn, like the many others I have stayed at over the years is of a high quality, with easy access to the general area. The only recommendation that I would make to a traveler is to obtain a room on the side facing the Homewood suites and away from the freeway.

Room Tip: side facing the Homewood suites and away from the freeway
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for your great review and for the tip to other travelers. Unfortunately sometimes with a central location, you get the freeway! lol

We greatly appreciate your business and comments, we hope to see you again soon - and we will hold an East Side room for you!

Mary
Riverside, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was excited to find a location near to the Ball Park where we competed at a dog show. The hotel was up to its usual Hilton Garden excellent standards. Its like being at home returning to one of these hotels, everything is what you expect to find. We always take the Bed and Breakfast option as for a about $5 more per room you have a full breakfast. Furthermore being a Hilton Honors member, its so simple and so fast to make reservations whilst on the road as they hold all your information. The 'only' reason we would go to a different hotel brand is if we have to have our dogs in the room with us or you are not close to a location we need. Kudos to Hilton you are #1 for us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ML_HGI, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your fantastic review and your loyalty to the Hilton Garden Inn brand!

I will certainly pass on your comments to the entire team - and we hope you had a wonderful time in the dog competition.

We look forward to seeing you again!
San Clemente, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This HGI was clean, and the staff friendly. I was slightly disappointed with the fact that the rooms seemed smaller than normal. Since this HGI and another one i stayed in this past week are both fairly new, I am wondering if HGI has decided to make smaller bathrooms their standard. What I especially dont like is the fact that you have to stand between the Toilet and Counter to use the sink.. there is just not very much room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and thank you for the kind comments on our staff!

As you stated we are a newer property and are one of the latest versions of the brand prototypes. I apologize the bathroom size was smaller than anticipated, I have passed your comments on to the brand, for all voices are heard and taken into consideration for future builds.

Again, thank you for your comments for only with your them can we continue to grow!
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was very pleased to have found this hotel in Avondale AZ! Entire experience was fantastic and kudos to Mary Erickson-Lambert, the on-site manager. She went out of her way to treat us like ROCKSTARS! Next time I need a hotel in the Goodyear AZ or Avondale AZ area, I will definitely be staying here. 5 Stars and HIGHLY recommend you book here. Prices are more than reasonable too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
YAY, Rockstars! How can you ask for any better of a review than that!

We are excited you enjoyed your stay - and hope to see you on your next gig!
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a nice place to stay. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was kind and friendly. Easy check in and out. Close to the freeway but you don't get freeway noise.

The WIFI and wired Internet access need some work. Very, very slow. If you need access to get work done, this is not the place. It lags badly.

I would stay again if the need arose as long as I wasn't dependent on Internet service

• Stayed January 2013
ML_HGI, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments! I apologize for the inconvenience of the slower internet - I do have great news . . . we are updating our bandwidth, just signed the agreement yesterday! It takes approximately 60-90 days for installation, but we will be FAST!

I was delighted I got to share this news . . . . see you on your next trip!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale? Share your experiences!