“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a nice place to stay. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was kind and friendly. Easy check in and out. Close to the freeway but you don't get freeway noise.

The WIFI and wired Internet access need some work. Very, very slow. If you need access to get work done, this is not the place. It lags badly.

I would stay again if the need arose as long as I wasn't dependent on Internet service

• Stayed January 2013
ML_HGI, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments! I apologize for the inconvenience of the slower internet - I do have great news . . . we are updating our bandwidth, just signed the agreement yesterday! It takes approximately 60-90 days for installation, but we will be FAST!

I was delighted I got to share this news . . . . see you on your next trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Good clean quiet room, clean bathroom, and comfy bed. Friendly and cheerful staff, always greeting you as you walk through the lobby. I am really able to relax here. And the free cookies at the front desk are awesome.

Room Tip: Have not had a bad room yet, and I have stayed there several times.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
And we love having you! Thank you for your comments, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to spread the word!

See you soon,
Lino Lakes, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

A very comfortable place to stay. Great facilities, and one of the friendliest staffs I have ever met. I will definitely stay there the next time my work takes me to that part of Phoenix. One little thing that made me feel at home was the personalized card from the manager that was in my room on arrival.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
What a great review! Thank you . . .now you know you don't only have to visit beautiful Arizona for work! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and it is comments like these that remind us why we do what we do!

Hope to see you soon!
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The front desk staff are super friendly and helpful. They also offer a free shuttle service anywhere within five miles of the hotel, which is super convenient if you don't have a car. Saves you on cab fare.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is away from the free way. I had room 403 and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great comments on our Guest Services and we are glad you were able to take advantage of the shuttle - it really is convenient!

Come and see us again soon!
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

It was a last minut trip with my kids, even the weather was cold, my kids lovethe place and the customer services was excellen, the front desk lady was very help full and our stay was great1,

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms are excellent, close to the paking lot and also the restaurant
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review - we will work on the "sun" for your next trip!

Hope to see you soon,
las cruces, nm
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

A pretty standard Garden Inn, with a few downsides. The noise from the highway was pretty loud. Both my wife and I had ear plugs and were happy that we had packed them. It may have just been due to our location in the building. The second downside was the "service" from the woman working behind the desk. I am a Hilton Honors gold member and usually get great service, but she was abrupt and rude. Specifically she would not give me cards so that my two young kids could get the free breakfast. When I brought that to their attention, she was curt and told me that it was their policy to only give us two tickets. I have spent many a night in Hilton brand hotels, including at two other locations during this trip (Hilton Long Beach, and Doubletree Reid Park Tucson), and have never had an issue getting breakfast as part of my stay, no matter whether I travel alone or with the family. To the credit of the waitress in the restaurant area, she worked it out so that my kids shared one ticket, which helped, but I was not happy having to pay for the free breakfast.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from rooms that point towards the highway!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Livermore, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The perfect hotel to stay when you're in town for the Nascar race, or for any matter. Rooms that you would expect from a Hilton. Clean, modern, friendly staff. Free parking. Small restaurant on site that delivered a nice breakfast. Ruby Tuesdays is a walk thru the parking lot and offers good fare.
Does have a small bar for cocktails in the evening. Awesome bartender who recommended restaurants for dinner. Nice place to meet and mingle with the other guests. We will continue to return.
If you're a light sleeper, you may prefer a room at the other end of the building away from the interstate.

Room Tip: Light sleepers should consider a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JMM_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I wanted to drop you a quick note to thank you for your recent stay and the overall exceptional scores. I appreciate you taking the time to complete the survey and look forward to sharing the positive results with the entire team. We take the opinions and suggestions of our guests very seriously and appreciate hearing back when we have excelled. Because of these type of scores we were able scored #1 in Loyalty throughout the entire HGI Brand for the month of August (#1 out of 521 hotels) and then again #5 in October. Thank you again, and hope the next time you are in the Avondale area you will consider staying with us again.

Jason

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale? Share your experiences!