“Great Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wichita, Kansas
“Great Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The front desk staff are super friendly and helpful. They also offer a free shuttle service anywhere within five miles of the hotel, which is super convenient if you don't have a car. Saves you on cab fare.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is away from the free way. I had room 403 and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for the great comments on our Guest Services and we are glad you were able to take advantage of the shuttle - it really is convenient!

Come and see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

It was a last minut trip with my kids, even the weather was cold, my kids lovethe place and the customer services was excellen, the front desk lady was very help full and our stay was great1,

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms are excellent, close to the paking lot and also the restaurant
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review - we will work on the "sun" for your next trip!

Hope to see you soon,
las cruces, nm
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

A pretty standard Garden Inn, with a few downsides. The noise from the highway was pretty loud. Both my wife and I had ear plugs and were happy that we had packed them. It may have just been due to our location in the building. The second downside was the "service" from the woman working behind the desk. I am a Hilton Honors gold member and usually get great service, but she was abrupt and rude. Specifically she would not give me cards so that my two young kids could get the free breakfast. When I brought that to their attention, she was curt and told me that it was their policy to only give us two tickets. I have spent many a night in Hilton brand hotels, including at two other locations during this trip (Hilton Long Beach, and Doubletree Reid Park Tucson), and have never had an issue getting breakfast as part of my stay, no matter whether I travel alone or with the family. To the credit of the waitress in the restaurant area, she worked it out so that my kids shared one ticket, which helped, but I was not happy having to pay for the free breakfast.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from rooms that point towards the highway!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Livermore, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The perfect hotel to stay when you're in town for the Nascar race, or for any matter. Rooms that you would expect from a Hilton. Clean, modern, friendly staff. Free parking. Small restaurant on site that delivered a nice breakfast. Ruby Tuesdays is a walk thru the parking lot and offers good fare.
Does have a small bar for cocktails in the evening. Awesome bartender who recommended restaurants for dinner. Nice place to meet and mingle with the other guests. We will continue to return.
If you're a light sleeper, you may prefer a room at the other end of the building away from the interstate.

Room Tip: Light sleepers should consider a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JMM_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I wanted to drop you a quick note to thank you for your recent stay and the overall exceptional scores. I appreciate you taking the time to complete the survey and look forward to sharing the positive results with the entire team. We take the opinions and suggestions of our guests very seriously and appreciate hearing back when we have excelled. Because of these type of scores we were able scored #1 in Loyalty throughout the entire HGI Brand for the month of August (#1 out of 521 hotels) and then again #5 in October. Thank you again, and hope the next time you are in the Avondale area you will consider staying with us again.

Jason
Surprise, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel management lacks professionalism and respect dealing with customers, friends and their children. Hotel management and staff are not sensitive to customer's needs in general. They're very rude, loud and verbally abusive to customers who uses their facility for leisure and occasion.

Room Tip: Not applicable.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
JMM_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I am sorry about your experience with us particularly at our front desk. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who is rude or unhelpful. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for any issues you encountered.

Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is my second stay at this hotel, both times for the same reason -- a conference. Last year everything was amazing -- great rooms, great service, great prices. I'm thrilled to say that this year was just as good.

The hotel is clean, neat, and well cared for. The staff is amazing, each one friendly, pleasant, and helpful. The rooms are big and well appointed, the beds comfortable, the soundproofing excellent. Small outdoor pool and jacuzzi, clean and nice. Small workout room, decently appointed, clean and nice. Small business center, well done. Good restaurant, serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night menus. Good bar. Excellent meeting rooms. A Culver's and a Ruby Tuesday's across the parking lot, both take about a minute to walk to.

The hotel created a special food and drinks menu just for our conference attendees; and we could also order off the regular menu if we wanted to. Every staff member went out of their way as if it was nothing. Housekeeping requests were promptly delivered and the front desk followed up to verify delivery.

Avondale is on the west end of the Phoenix Metro, but this hotel is right off the I-10 and that makes it freeway close to anything on the west side and center of Phoenix.

This hotel is a great choice whether you're staying for a day or a couple of weeks.

Room Tip: So far have never had a bad room here. The soundproofing is excellent, so you should be good no matt...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
JMM_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for the WONDERFUL review and I appreciate you taking the time to inform loyal trip advisor travelers. I look forward to sharing your comments with the entire team. We appreciate the fact that you notice the exceptional service you received and that is what we are all here for.
We too enjoy the conference so much. It allows us the opportunity to step back from our everyday jobs and work together to make sure your conference was a success. And at the same time have fun doing it. We hope to see you all again next year!!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I will advice everyone to stay away from using this location of Hilton. They have bugs in their rooms and their customer service is terrible especially their manager. I was treated with total disrespect and disregard.

• Stayed August 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our hotel. I am disappointed to read your stay was not an exceptional one and would appreciate hearing more about your experience. We do take steps to prevent bug problems and contract with a third party vendor. Unfortunately living in the desert it can be an obstacle for everyone. We take great pride in our facilities and the entire team will be disappointed your stay was not what we are all about and that is the customer. I would like to further discuss your review to get a better understanding of your experience. Please feel free to contact me direct at 623-882-3351 or Jason.moore@hilton.com.

Sincerely
Jason Moore

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale? Share your experiences!