“Two years in a row at this property...it keeps getting better!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book now, save up to 15%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Avondale
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Two years in a row at this property...it keeps getting better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this property exactly one year ago for Reds Spring Training in March of 2010 and we had an amazing experience! So, we re-booked again this year for the exact same week for the same purpose (spring training) and had yet another fabulous stay! The front desk checked is in very quickly and they were very welcoming and friendly. Our room was fantastic...a full kitchen, desk with internet, family room with a pull-out sofa and then separated by a door, was the bedroom with a king-sized bed, vanity area and separate bath area. The property was very well kept and has a very "new, clean" feel to it. Each morning we had a great "full" breakfast with numerous items to choose from. Each day, the items vary but having the variety is a plus, especially if you are staying here for more than one night! During the evening from 5-7, they offer the "manager's special" Sunday through Thursday nights. They offer a light dinner (menu changes daily and is posted on your fridge in your suite) and also have self-serve beer and wine! The pool area is great and very quiet. (Hot tub is nice also!) One of the amenities that we took advantage of is the shuttle service. The drivers are all very courteous and accommodating and will take you anywhere in a 5 miles radius! One of the best things about this property is that it's very quiet! I overheard the front desk tell a guest on the phone that they were sold out for that evening! The parking lot was full and we knew that there were several groups staying there for a week while we were there last week (college golf teams, baseball staff, etc.) However, each evening around 11:00 when we would come through the doors in the main lobby, it was completely quiet! Not a sole around and no voices, laughter....nothing! It's so nice not to be disturbed by other guests when you are there to relax and get some rest! The management staff is fabulous and I even noticed one morning, the General Manager had a smock on was assisting her staff with getting the breakfast area stocked. It's nice to see that the GM is willing to help her staff when short-handed or just when things get busy! We spoke with her at the property and you can tell that she cares quite a bit about her property, her staff but mostly her guests! My husband and I travel quite a bit and have seen it all from terrible to fabulous and this tops the charts by far! I wish that every city had this particular property with this same staff...we will stay here again and again and will always come back!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
afuchs, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Thank you once again for a GREAT review! I am so glad you had such a great time! Take care and we will see you again next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Baldwin Park, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

I recently had the pleasure of staying here a few weeks ago and I felt compelled to write a review because my stay was quite memorable. Let me begin by saying that I did a ton of research before I settled on this hotel because I wanted it to be just right.

I was in town for a good friend's wedding and having never been to Phoenix, I wanted to make sure I was relatively close to all the good stuff. This location is perfect! It is right off the 10 freeway, but not so close that you actually notice the freeway at night. It is literally 2 blocks away from McDowell Road and let me tell you, this street takes you EVERYWHERE. You can choose, as me and my buddies did, to drive up McDowell and find anything and everything from restaurants to stores to hang out spots. As a group of guys in our mid 20's, we couldn't have asked for a better location.

Let me get off location for a bit and take a moment to talk about our rooms. In a word, they were "GREAT". The kitchen area looked like it came out of Better Homes & Garden or something. Nice counters, plenty of tableware, good mix of pots and pans (and the utensils that should come with them) and a fridge big enough to hold several cases of beer! Our living room was more than comfy and had plenty of room for 3 big guys (emphasis on BIG). We had 2 Queen beds and a sofa sleeper. They were all VERY comfortable and we all got a better night's sleep than we normally do in our own homes. I don't know if that says more about us or more about the hotel , but either way we all slept soundly. By the way, the sofa sleeper bed was FANTASTIC. I am used to sofa sleepers being awful, especially for guys our size, but it was a pleasant surprise and believe me when I say noone complained about getting the sofa rather than the actual bed. My only quibble about the room was that the tv's (2 of them and both nice sized) were not flat screens, but I recently heard that they will be replacing all the tv's soon with flat screens so I guess that won't be an issue anymore. Kudos to the hotel for taking steps to stay modern and paying attention to their customers' needs.

Some other minor notes I want to mention:

The fitness area is small (I believe only about 6 people can be in there at any one time) but it is well equipped, has a tv, and climate control.

We didn't get to partake in the complimentary breakfast because we simply woke up too late, but it runs from 7 a.m to 10 a.m. which is perfect for most normal people. Also, I am not sure if it's fair to include this in my review, but I overheard a couple of people in the lobby area mentioning that breakfast was good and had a nice variety of stuff.

The pool area was nice with plenty of bbq grills if you wanted to get your barbecue on. I personally felt the bbq grills was a really nice touch and there were enough for 3 to 4 parties.

I want to wrap up this review by mentioning the staff. They were the picture of professionalism. Everything from check-in to check-out was handled in a prompt, courteous manner. We needed directions one night and the girl at the counter really knew her stuff. How refreshing to find someone who actually knows the area well and gave us plenty of good tips. I wish I could remember your name, but you unknowingly provided some highlights for our trip so if you ever read this, THANK YOU!

If you are going to be in the Phoenix area, don't waste your time looking at other places. You will pay more than a Super 8 or Best Western, but you get what you pay for and you won't be disappointed. We weren't and I look forward to the next time we get a chance to come out here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
afuchs, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale, responded to this review, January 27, 2011
What a FANTASTIC review!!! I will share all of your wonderful comments with the entire staff! Please contact the hotel directly if you ever head back this way to make your reservations!! Thank you so much!
calif
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

Stayed at Homewood Suites for one night driving in to see football game got there check in took 5 min. They upgraded me and are other friends to suites. The hotel was spotless and the beds comfortable pool is nice and breakfast was awesome. I would definetly go back there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
afuchs, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale, responded to this review, October 13, 2010
Thank you so much for your awesome review! I am so glad you had a wonderful experience! I hope to see you in the future!!
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

We checked in very early in the afternoon after having reserved a room with Diamond Member reward points. The suite we got was great but it faced the pool. The manager absolutely would not switch us to another location. This turned out to be a problem as several very noisy families were allowed to carry on rather late into the evening. It was impossible to leave a window open and enjoy the nice Arizona springtime air.

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
afuchs, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale, responded to this review, September 21, 2010
Hello!

Thank you for your review! I apologize that you were not happy with your room assignment while you were here in March! Please try us again and contact the hotel directly and ask for me to receive a complimentary upgrade upon availability!
San Bernardino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

I booked a room online a few days in advance, anticipating a stopover in the Phoenix area while returning to California with my family from a long road trip back east. We arrived in the early evening, tired and cranky from driving all day. The check-in process quick and painless. The room was clean, well-furnished, and all the amenities were exactly as advertised. When I returned to the lobby some 5-6 hours after check-in, in the middle of the night, I paused by the door trying to decide if I needed to return to my car for something. A desk clerk noticed me immediately and ADDRESSED ME BY NAME to offer her assistance!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
afuchs, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale, responded to this review, August 20, 2010
Thank you so much for your wonderful review!! I will share this with the hotel staff! We hope to see you in the future!!
Snellville, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

I normally don't write in on this type of thing, but in this case I feel I must. There was not one person that I talked with that was over the top friendly and helpful. Not only was every question I had answered, but they even provided alternative suggestions! Never, and I do mean never have I stayed any where, where I was treated so well.

And on top of the outstanding service, the hotel itself was very clean and comfortable. Housekeeping kept my room in tip top shape, the lobby, the breakfast/dinner area was kept spotless.

Hands down, it was the best stay away from home, I've ever had! If the rest of the chain is operated in this manner, I will return!

Thank you for your time!

Michael Harned
Snellville GA

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
afuchs, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale, responded to this review, August 16, 2010
Thank you so much!!! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again in the future!!
springfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

Couldn't have been treated better. Entire staff friendly and helpful. Each day's breakfast was very enjoyable. Rooms very clean, they even ran the dishwasher for us while we were out! Will definitely return for our next stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
afuchs, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale, responded to this review, July 16, 2010
Thank you for your fabulous review!! We hope to see you again soon!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avondale
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
Comfort Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
#2 of 9 in Goodyear
4.5 of 5 stars 78 reviews

Been to Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale? Share your experiences!