“I always stay here” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ash Fork
Kansas City, Kansas
“I always stay here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Traveling as often as i do on the I-40, i always stay at the Ash Fork INN. The Staff are always pleasant, the rooms are good, and the rates are low. I sometimes have my pet and they are happy to accomidate her. I will always stay with there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Flagstaff, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I found this hotel by chance and were very glad that we did. Not only was it very inexpensive to stay but the staff was very pleasant and friendly. We will surely stay again. I would recommend it to everyone.

Juliette Musgrave

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

During a trip to a convvention in Las Vegas I looked for a place to stay after going through Flagstaff, Arizona. The next town I came to was Ashfork, AZ. There was only one hotel in town, The Ashfork Inn. We pulled in and were welcomed by pleasent elderly woman with a cute western accent. Check in was very rapid and got to our room within 5 minutes. The room while older was clean and had a working televsion. After dinner we sat outside of the hotel and truly enjoyed the rarified air of the mountain country,

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I took an overnighter to the Grand Canyon and wanted to save money. On my way, I saw a sign for this place and it was $20 less than the Motel 6 Williams - where I normally stay - so I figured how much worse could it be? I'm easy.

It's 20 miles west of Williams in a small town with little of anything. Get what you need at the decent-sized Shell gas station and convenience mart near exit 146. The inn is about a mile from there. The parking lot hasn't been paved since the Harding administration so drive slowly. An elderly lady assisted me. The guest register was a spiral note book. I thought for sure she'd use a chargeplate and carbon paper to run my card. I asked about the free wi-fi which was my deciding factor for staying there. She informed me quite nicely that I need to use a 10 character password and wi-fi was only available in the lobby. In other words they don't have wi-fi.

I drove through the minefield to my room in a nearby building. The building apparently had been painted in the past few years but very crudely. There were about four cars in the lot on this late April Saturday night. I walked in. The carpet was stained in spots, worn, and torn up at the doorways. The room was lit by two cheap, tiny lamps, the type you may put on a child's desk, not use to light a whole room. The TV was 20 years old so relatively new and had no remote. It was blurry but worked. There were only a few channels. The bedding was paper thin. The AC worked fine....mercifully. The bathroom was atrocious. The sink, tub and toilet all had notable rust stains similar to the pics by another poster but worse. The shower faucets and nozzle had some corrosion. There was no shower head, just a hole. The bathtub was not very clean and must have been recaulked 10 times. There was an old heatlamp socket that was rusted and probably unused for a long time. The tissue box holder was empty. There was one small bar of soap and no shampoo. The towels were basically handtowels and just big enough to dry yourself. One end of the towel rack was ripped out of the wall.

The price was $32 with tax. The problem is, from November through March you can stay in basic, but MUCH nicer accomodations for the same price in Williams, close to restaurants, shops and a large grocery store. The rest of the year, it's not THAT much more expensive and it IS much more comfortable to stay elsewhere.

If you're on a very tight budget, it's peak season, you don't want to sleep in your car, and you need somewhere to rest for seven hours and MAYBE shower, then stay here, otherwise you're better off going elsewhere. If you like to hike, try the Johnson Canyon Railroad Tunnel trail, at exit 151, then north three miles on Forest Service Road Six. There's a lot of history there.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
lassieAshfork_az, Owner at Ash Fork Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Several members of the staff at the Ash Fork Inn have alerted me to a gross misrepresentation of the condition of the Ash Fork Inn as it appears on your website, titled, "Sleep in your car."
As we take the condition of our properties seriously, I personally traveled to this property to inspect and tour the property.

Your webpage indicates that our parking lot is a mine field. We can only speculate as to why someone would say this about The Ash Fork Inn; however we have enclosed , please find a picture of our parking lot. Viewing this picture you will find that there are no holes in the parking lot. It is regularly resealed and the lines are repainted twice a year to maintain the appearance.

Preprinted forms are used to check in our guests at the front desk making the process efficient an easy. The motel is equipped with free wireless internet in the office, the building was constucted with large amounts of concrete, making long distance signal travel difficult. During this time the INN was being painted and it was work in progress. The lamps used, are standard motel lamps available by any hotel motel vender in the country, and our beds are serta perfect sleepers. The manager of the hotel and I personally looked at all of the rooms, there were no missing shower heads, as stated by the writer. The televisions are not flat screens as you would find in a Holiday Inn, but are box style and are in good working order. The soaps used are 1.5 oz as you would find in any motel or Inn. Should any guest wish to have more soap or towels, all they need do is ask, and we are more than happy to accomodate them.

I invite anyone traveling through to stop by and evaluate the motel for yourself. Please check out, our parking lot, roof, stairs, paint, rooms, lamps, beds, soaps, and by all means feel free to use our internet at no cost, whether you stay with us or not. With the economy being what it is, we look forward to serving you in the near future with a good room, at a fair price, in a friendly environment.

Please remove this inappropriate post, forthwith.

Very truly yours

Mark Savage

President

Travelers are raving about these Ash Fork hotels

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012 via mobile

The price is ok.
The room are very basic and old.
The bed sheets are not so clean and the pillow and the Mattress is not comfortable.

• Stayed January 2012
Oldham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Don't expect too much, and you will not be disappointed. For the price it is good value. I have
visited Ash Fork Inn quite a few times over the years...and you can travel back into the 60's with the decor and fittings. Clean and convenient for an overnight stay. Owners pleasant and welcoming...even when arriving in the early hours!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Went up for Labor Day Weekend in Flagstaff and Motel/Hotels were at $200 + per night.
Called around and found the Ash Fork Inn, which was a fraction of the cost. The motel, rooms were clean, and affordable. Thanks for not gouging us.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Ash Fork Inn? Share your experiences!