“Never got waited on” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
“Never got waited on”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went in and were given water, salsa and chips and then nothing else. We got up and left. It might be a good place but we didn't want to wait all evening to find out.

• Visited January 2013

Sedona
“Surprisingly good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We let the GPS choose a restaurant for us and were a bit wary as we drove up, as it looked like a dive and country music was blaring. We asked the server if she could turn the music down a bit. She did, so we stayed.
I ordered the appetizer taquitos and they were great--stuffed with lean shredded beef. It was $2 Margarita day--I didn't expect much from a $2 Margarita and I got what I expected. My partner had the tamale plate and was also pleased. The service was very good--we kept her running and tipped her well. (That's $8 on a bill of $22, in case you're wondering)

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Idaho
“Not Too Good except for the Santa Fe Burrito”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

What can you say about a restaurant that serves Mexican food, Italian food and American food. I never heard of such a thing and trying to do all three well. The Santa Fe Burrito was very good, the biggest burrito you will ever see and the price fantastic. Unfortunately the rest of our party had a terrible meal. The salsa had a funny taste so I couldn't even enjoy the pre-meal snack.
The service was fair to poor. Nothing like an unfriendly, young waitress.
Oh, I must admit the $3.00 margaritas were very yummy.

• Visited April 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Average at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

Several years ago this place was a hidden gem. Not much ambiance, but truly great Mexican food and it was almost always busy.

A couple weeks ago we visited after a few years away from the area. We were quite disappointed. Service was fairly poor, even though we were the only people in the restaurant. And the food had gone from wonderful and authentic to average at best. The salsa on the table was OK, but the chips were cold and right out of a bag. The meats, (chicken, beef and pork were ordered in various forms) were largely flavorless. The refried beans were mealy and had little flavor. Taco shells seemed to be packaged shells that were a bit stale.

The only real good thing was that the portions were very good for the cost.

My guess is that the chef they had years ago was replaced with someone who should not be cooking for a restaurant. And by the emptiness of the restaurant I would suppose others in the area have figured that out as well.

• Visited March 2011