“Manager is rude and dishonest” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Apache Junction

You added Motel 6 Apache Junction to your Saves list
Motel 6 Apache Junction
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   251 E 29th Ave., (US Freeway 60 & Idaho Rd.), Apache Junction, AZ 85119 (Formerly Superstition Inn and Suites)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Apache Junction
Chino Valley, Arizona
“Manager is rude and dishonest”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We arrived at this hotel after driving 3 hours... took 45 minutes to check in. I had booked in advance on Priceline and asked to pay in cash... this was apparently a problem. The manager (her name was Angela, she took pains to introduce herself by name) said she would just cancel the Priceline booking and redo the reservation so we could pay in cash, and she proceeded to try to double the room rate. When I explained that I had booked at a certain rate per night and that I wouldn't pay double what I had originally booked at, she bacame very rude and snotty with me and acted as though it was my fault for booking online rather than calling the hotel and booking directly. She also claimed that the rate was different than what I had booked online due to "taxes and fees" and when I inquired whether the additional fees were double she very snottily said "12 percent!" The entire checking in ordeal was ridiculous and ended up in an altercation... we finally got our room at the original rate with several groups of people having to wait an inordinate amount of time. If you have anything to do in Apache Junction, it is honestly worthwhile to book at a hotel further away and just drive the extra distance... I have never been treated so rudely by hotel staff.

The hotel facilities were adequate for a lower-end motel. The beds were very uncomfortable. No problems with housekeeping or any other staff besides Angela, she was honestly one of the rudest customer service people I have ever come across. My interaction with her cast a pall over our entire trip.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel. Just go somewhere else. Trust me.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I stayed at The Superstition Inn and Suites for four nights. The room was pool side and had a fridge, microwave coffee maker etc. The morning breakfast was okay and had some hot food included. The front desk staff were polite, but did not seem to be concerned over my repeated problems with the room card/key not working. Everything was kept clean including the pool and hot tub. Overall an okay stay with no problems.

• Stayed March 2012
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Buyer beware - the staff at the Superstition Inn and Suites is not only unreliable, but completely unaccountable for their mistakes. I will freely admit I have no authority to review the accommodations at this facility, and I never will after the experience I had with them yesterday.

Looking forward to the Lost Dutchman race and knowing how busy the hotels in the area get with the flood of people coming into town for the race, my husband and I booked our room 3 months before our anticipated stay. We booked by phone, directly with hotel staff. Just to be safe, we called the day before our trip to AJ to confirm our reservation. The staff not only confirmed our reservation, but gave us a confirmation number. 24 hours later, we arrived to the hotel desk after a long drive only to be told they couldn't find our reservation. The desk clerk, Angela, kept telling us "Oh I remember you calling, because I remember your name!". Yet she still could not find our reservation, or explain why it had been CONFIRMED if it wasn't in the system. She said, "Well as a plan B I can give you the names of some other hotels (some quite far from AJ, I might add) that MIGHT have accommodations. At least your credit card hasn't been charged". Seriously? Eventually they found our reservation in the system and claimed it had been cancelled. By whom? Who knows. It certainly wasn't by us.

Now, I would have been upset with any hotel who botched our reservation, especially on a weekend with no other rooms available for miles around. But I understand that humans make mistakes, and if we had been told there was a problem when we called to confirm the DAY PRIOR to our trip, we would have had the opportunity to find an alternative hotel or to drive to AJ the morning of the race instead of the day before. What is unforgivable, to me, is the fact that they CONFIRMED our reservation the day before and waited until we drove 90 min to AJ to tell us there was a problem. Then, to top it off, we got no apology. We just got a smug "Well, we are booked. The best I can do is give you a discount on a future stay." Useless.

So we had to turn around and drive back to our home in NW Phoenix to stay the night and drive right back to AJ the following morning. In addition to costing us 3 useless hours on the road, a tank of gas, and several additional hours of sleep before our race... the Superior Inn and Suites nearly ruined our race experience. Thank goodness we did not live so far away that our only option was to book one of the last remaining $400 hotel rooms 45 min from AJ.

Don't trust these people or their meaningless confirmation numbers.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

The manager was extremely rude from the beginning until the end. There is one man on staff who is very efficient and extremely helpful. The motel is rundown and we felt dirty. We checked out earlier than planned.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Rooms were large and clean. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Would definitely go back.
Complimentary breakfast, wonderful pool and spa. My daughter lives nearby and I will be back soon! Don't believe the negative reviews-I was there from the 21st of Oct. to the 24th
and enjoyed every minute!

Room Tip: Second floor was my choice-away from pool. Inside entrance felt safer-since I was travelling alone.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Stayed here one night,, room smelled like a smoker just left. Left a GPS battery and charger there by accident, cam back 2 hours later to get it and it was gone and no one had seen it. Both together were close to $200.
They said they never got the cancellation for the next two night that what e-mailed directly to their e-mail.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Puyallup, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

This was by far the worst place i have ever stayed at MOLD in the refrigerator the lights in the plug in. Nasty black ring around the bath tub... this place is also infested with cockroach's.... The staff is RUDE there Looks are as dirty as there rooms are....

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3.5 of 5 stars 10 reviews
BEST WESTERN Legacy Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mesa Superstition Springs
BEST WESTERN Gold Canyon Inn & Suites

Been to Motel 6 Apache Junction? Share your experiences!