“Fish tacos were great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of elvira's mexican restaurant

elvira's mexican restaurant
1520 W. Apache Trail, Apache Junction, AZ
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Clearwater, FL
“Fish tacos were great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

I had fish tacos, extra guacamole. She had old school beef tacos. We loved all of it! The service was good and the decor is very well done, much more "Scottsdale" than AJ frankly. After hiking I usually just starve heading back to PHX but now have a go-to-place for great Mexican food.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Iowa
“2 hours of nothing but chips & salsa”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We, two couples, arrived at 5:00 with a party of 5 ahead of us. 45 minutes later (and two requests to head waitress about how much longer) we were finally seated and we immediately placed our food orders. We waited another hour being promised over and over, our food was being prepared. Finally after 7:00, our food was served. Two of us ordered fish tacos - one person's fish taco had two bite size pieces of fish but the other person didn't have any fish on his taco!! Just plain cabbage!! When we showed the waitress, she replied "We're running a little short of fish tonight." UNBELIEVEABLE!!!! We asked to speak to manager and was told the "owner is super busy tonight with a party." Never again!!!!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Port St. Lucie, FL
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We both had Chile Rellenos with green sauce and they were very good. Could have had a few more refried beans but then again it helped my "diet". $2.00 drafts. Decor is very colorful. Total bill for two 2 chile relleno dinners and 3 beers was less than $30. Service was very good on a Friday night.

Apache Junction, Arizona
“Worse service ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We got seated and the hostess said they were very busy but only had people 8 tables in the main area. So the hostess got our drinks we waited 10-15 min. before out waitress came to take our order. Prior to coming to our table I never saw her on the floor. Candelaria (with hicky on her neck) took our order and said she would get me a refill. Candelaria got another waitress to bring me a new drink and never saw her again till our food was brought out. This took about 15-20 min to get our food made. Candelaria didn't bring all my food out and said she would be right back with the rest of it well that was 10-15 min later. My friend was done eating her food by then and still hungry, food was plain. Then again Candelaria disappeared I had to go to the hostess and ask for a to go box and then Candelaria finally showed up to give me the check and to get paid. I saw two girls (glasses and very skinny and young) who were working while the rest of the waitresses stood around talking. Saw the hostess talking on her cell phone right on the main floor. The cooks with their aprons on taking the garbage out by way of the main lobby. One waitress had to go to the outside seating area to get the cooks (3 cooks came in) still wearing the aprons I hope they got new ones before cooking. I was told by a friend this was the best place first and last time I will ever go here.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Good Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had a great meal there and the interior is really cool with the art work of Mexico.It was a freindly atmosphere and would say the better Mexican resturant in the area.

Visited April 2013