“Nice convenient hike” 4 of 5 stars

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nice convenient hike”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Easy to get to and nicely maintained. There are multiple trails that you can choose from to customize your hike for the length and difficulty you would like. Decent views from the top. Wasn't too busy, but we passed a handful of other hikers. It was a great trail to bring a dog along... they even have a water fountain with a doggie bowl option at the trail head.

Visited October 2013

Gold Canyon, Arizona
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Good View, not much else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

There is one trail that leads up to a peak over looking the superstition mountains. For a quick 10 minute hike it is okay. However it is right along the freeway and also overlooks the trailer parks of Apache Junction. There are better hikes in this area.

Corvallis, Oregon
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Why silly? Beats me!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stay in Apache Junction in the winter and this is very close. They've made a lovely paved path, with signs for the various vegetation recently. For the more adventurous, there are several easy hiking paths. Only complaint is the traffic noise from Hwy 60.

Blaine, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great hike for all ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I (mid-thirties), along with our nearly 5-year-old daughter and my husband's father (mid-sixies), all climbed Silly Mountain while we were down from MN visiting family in Mesa at the end of February. We had been here the previous year with our 1-year-old in a front-pack and my mother-in-law (who's undergone 2 knee surgeries) and climbed up to the "saddle." This year, we left our youngest at home with Nana and the four of us climbed all the way up to the top. We didn't realize it at the time, but we took the "difficult" route, which, other than the patches of loose rock and a few steep spots, I didn't think was all that difficult. The 3 adults each had 1 shock-absorbing walking pole, which my father-in-law was very thankful to have, and my husband and I also found handy coming back down. Very nice distance to hike; not too long, not too short. We brought 2 Camelback water backpacks and 2 water bottles. I'm very glad we had the Camelbacks, as the water bottles were quickly drained. We took our time, enjoyed the view, and got a nice little workout, too. Nice and close to where we were staying in Mesa, perfect hike for kids, and very enjoyable! We'll probably go back next year with our youngest back in tow, as she'll be three then and should be able to manage most of the hike with us.

Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A good family hike.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I hike this once a week during the winter. Lots of trails, easy access from US 60. Nice view from the top of the Superstition Mountains. There is a special accessible trail on the west side (close to the parking lot).