“In LOVE with this Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Amado B&B and Inns
Phoenix, Arizona
“In LOVE with this Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Okay, so here it is: I am in love with this Bed & Breakfast. There, I said it.

My fiance and I are planning a wedding in the area, and decided to try out the Territory Inn to feel out the B&B as a potential spot for guests to stay.

Sorry, guests. We booked the whole place just for us.

The Amado Territory Inn is AMAZING. As I understand it, the B&B has recently come under new ownership. The couple that runs it now is unbelievably kind and accommodating - it felt like we were royalty. The B&B offers a full breakfast in the morning, but as we have been eating vegan we told them not to worry about us. No, no, no - said the hospitable managers - we will make something for you. And boy, did they ever! Kara, one of the managers, actually took an online vegan cooking class in order to learn how to prepare us meals and even offered us some of the dinner she had cooked for her own family!! I mean, how kind is that?! They also went out of their way to make a vegan chocolate torte, which was soooo tasty, just for the two of us.

The Inn is an absolute paradise. I hesitate to tell you all of this, because I selfishly want it for all my own, but you must try out this Inn. It is a little slice of heaven, run by two of the kindest people you will ever meet.

Cannot wait for our wedding next year so we can stay there with our bridal party!!

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor that exited onto the back patio - we loved it! Feeling like a balco...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I can't say enough about The Amado Territory Inn and your hosts Ricky and Cara. The inn is beautiful and has a wonderful atmosphere. You will be pampered with amazing homemade breakfasts as well as wine and cheese in the evening. The rooms are wonderful. But, more importantly, Ricky and Cara truly make this place. They are living their dream of running a bed and breakfast; their passion for providing a comfortable, home-like, and positive experience for their guests really shows.

On another note, if you are visiting Amado to attend an Epona workshop, this is a great location - a mere ten minutes away - it also allows you the opportunity for quiet reflection or to continue your discussions with participants back at the inn. For me, that kind of atmosphere was the perfect compliment to my Epona experience and is highly reccomended.

Thanks Ricky and Cara - see you next time!

SJ

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Hartford, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Great place to stay in the Arizona desert. Our upstairs corner room had a lovely patio offering freat views of the desert and mountains. Breakfast was a delicious and cooked to ordered - no overdone eggs hardening in steam trays. Our hosts were friendly and accommodating - when we returned after enjoying a Friday evening of live music at the restaurant next door, we were welcomed by a cozy fire in the main room fire place. It does get chilly in February! Lovely place to stay.

Room Tip: Upstairs you won't have to worry about people walking overhead and you may get a semi-private po...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Visited this Inn as part of a Southwest Wings Birding Festival overnight trip and was pleasantly surprised. Clean, wonderful decorations, great view out back to the desert, wonderful climate. Breakfast was adequate-my husband really liked his pancakes.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

My fiance stayed overnight at the Inn to get a feel of the property since we'll be having our wedding there in August. It was AMAZING! The Innkeepers are so helpful, the breakfast was great, and the overall feel and look of the grounds at the Inn is so gorgeous. Beautiful serenity pond, lush green grassy areas and native landscaping as well with the cactus gardens and trails. They do an amazing job of making you feel like you're at home and will accommodate requests...no matter how large or small. =) We will be back after the wedding!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

We are Innkeepers, and finding a get-away for our little trips is fun and exciting. Amado Territory Inn was just perfect, about 1 hour away from our Tucson home and yet far enough to seem like a great vacation! Clean, comfortable, friendly and good food and rooms. We so enjoy the quiet nights, and warm delicious breakfasts. Walking the groundsis fun to see the landscape, watch the cows and enjoy the birds and plant life at the Ranch.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

I checked in for the night the same day I reserved the room--the innkeeper (sorry, I've forgotten her name, was very helpful and didn't make me feel stupid for changing rooms (one drawback of being downstairs is you can hear people walking around on the old hardwood floors), changed a bulb for me. The room was large with actual windows that opened and I had a door to the back patio. There were some signs that maybe nobody had been paying much attention to the empty rooms, like a missing desk chair, unplugged reading lamp, wallpaper coming off in the bathroom. The bathroom was large but had one of those small corner showers. I wasn't interested in the steakhouse menu and the other cafe was already closed, the small bar dining room full. There are two restaurants across the highway. Comfortable lobby, sunny, inviting dining room, large porch with rocking chairs. On a big property with a pond, cactus garden, artist studios and a gallery (none were open) among other things. It does happen to be right off the highway and there's a lot of traffic noise if you're outside, but my room, anyway, was very quiet at night. Breakfast was simpler than a lot of b&bs I've been in but was fine. Not a luxury location, but pleasant.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Amado Territory B&B? Share your experiences!