“Everyone loves Niffers!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Auburn
“Everyone loves Niffers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Niffers is a college favorite and an alum favorite. We love it. Great environment. Great selection of food. MUST GET THE CORN NUGGETS...LEGENDARY. A favorite among everyone I know. Very casual.

• Visited April 2014

Overland Park, Kansas
“Great local restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

A friend and his family that I was visiting brought me here and we had a great time and enjoyed the food.

Pros
I got the BLT, which comes with fried green tomatoes, and of course, bacon and lettuce. It's topped with an orange sauce they make themselves which is good. The coleslaw comes with bits of apple and pineapple; also very good. Everyone enjoyed their meal.

Cons
I asked for a fried egg on my BLT, but although they are available on a hamburger on the menu, you cannot order them with anything else. Why? Lost revenue and you tell a customer, "no". Just seems odd to me. They wouldn't take our request for call ahead seating, although there is a big sign above the hostess desk when you walk in...something about if there are people waiting, they don't take call aheads... sort of defeats the purpose of having the service...

Overall
Although we had to ask them to turn the TV's to the NCAA basketball tournament (you can tell this is a football town...), and they wouldn't give me a fried egg, I really liked this place and enjoyed the service and food. I would definitely come back.

• Visited March 2014
“Auburn landmark”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Niffer's Place, or affectionately called 'Niffer's House' is such a great restaurant. I had an ex show me this place, and I'm thankful I found it. They're open around 10AM serving lunch. I've eaten here more than a handful of times but don't think I've ever eaten inside. They have a great patio which is nice for early lunch. The waitstaff here are incredible. They make sure you're well cared for, and they are knowledgeable about the menu....I know that sounds a little silly, but they are quite well versed on the food and drink offered.
Fresh daiquiris, and the deep fried pickles are ahhh-mazing! They hand make a salsa ranch dressing, unbelievable! Let me say that again, get the deep fried pickle spears. These aren't any shoddy soggy fried dill chips, no! These are long spears that have crunch on the outside, juicy on the inside, and never disappoint with some ranch dressing on them. In my humble opinion they do the best burger in Auburn, They do a great sandwich too called the Hangover Cure....it's like a decadent calling of all the cosmos to replenish your body after a hard night...combined with one of their signature Bloody's, you'll be ready to face another day in lecture.
This place is a not-so-well known local's favourite. It's a bit off the beaten path, but somehow, some way, I keep seeing their parking lot filled every evening. Who else can claim a full parking lot on a Tuesday night??? Get out your GPS and go try Niffer's Place, you'll find it quite good.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice Chill Place - good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Typical relaxed college-town atmosphere. Four of us went and we all enjoyed the food. Burgers, french dip and chicken sandwiches. The wings looked great. Service was very good. I would definitely go back. Enjoy.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Auburn, Alabama
“good sanwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I asked for their ribeye sandwich. It was just wonderful. it was one of the best ribeye I had in my life.

Visited November 2013