“Stay Away, rude staff, dirty smoke filled rooms!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Auburn
gallo11
“Stay Away, rude staff, dirty smoke filled rooms!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

We booked two NON SMOKING rooms a month in advance. $179.34 per room, with a two night minimum stay. We were assigned Smoking, handicap rooms when checking in. I presented the printed NON Smoking confirmation, but the desk clerk and manager would not change the rooms. We were told that we would be charged for the rooms if we didn't stay. There were no other rooms available in Auburn Friday afternoon during football weekend. The rooms were dirty, strong smell of smoke and missing a refrigerator. The hotel desk clerk and manager were very rude.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Niceville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Great value, but the messed up our reservation we booked a 2 queens and sofa. Found no sofa, to bad. so they gave us a rollaway and $10 off. OK CLEAN, Breakfast ok. Nothing to brag over. Not usefull for extend stay. OK will us again if the don't screw up my reservation. Close to exit for quick arrival and depature. FYI Walmart up the road cheap gas about 1/2 north.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Bethesda, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

A month in advance we reserved a non-smoking room. When we checked in at 5:30 they gave us a smoking room that smelled like 10 chain smokers had stayed there the night before. When we complained they informed us that they did not have to honor the non smoking part of the reservation and could not change our room. We were stuck because all the other hotels were booked. We slept with the window open and that did not help much. It was an awful night and we smelled like we ahd been in a bar all night. Since they don't honor reservations at the Sleep Inn, make your reservation elsewhere else.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Lafayette, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

I think OK for an overnight (kinda hard to say more when we were there 7 hours).

Clean, functional, reasonable (75 for family), top floor quiet spacious bath with frig.

Staff friendly.

If Choice continues to provide this type of quality stay, I would certainly consider making them a preferred search selection when traveling.

Breakfast was basic but so was price for a comfortable safe stay for a family.

Only gripe was no ice machines on any floor, only lobby?!?

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Phenix City, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

Me, my wife and kids went to the sleep inn in Auburn,Alabama because it had a indoor pool and all the other motels didn't.got there at 2 in the morning did not get to my room till 5:45 in the morning because the hotel clerk had me looking for a room that i requested to have WI-Fi in it didn't so we spent half the night looking for a room with WI-FI in it,so get to my room wake up about 10:30 so the kids could go swimming got on the internet to check my credit card and noticed they had charged me way over the price i was told so i went down stairs to ask about it and the new girl was working she had to get the manager,while i was talking to the manager about the problem she said it was from 12 calls made from that room,but she said that wasn't the problem the problem was that i need to pay for another night i said the lady i talked to told me when i made my reservation that i would be charged just one night since i would not get in till 2 in the morning and was leaving the next morning at 5.well i was lied to and she said that i need to pay for another night are leave,she was extremely rude and not in the least professional,i travel a lot for my wife and kids and this is by far the very very worst experience i have ever had i called choice motels but they did nothing either so i was a member of theirs but not anymore,no apoligizing, are refund, are a free night ,not nothing at all so if you go to Auburn don't stay there.and the BBB will be hearing from me,I also have my own business so you know the saying word of mouth is the best way to spread business are the worst way not to get it,I'm pissed because my kids didn't get to swim and the impression on their faces said it all !!!sorry it was so long

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Hartselle, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

They got our reservation wrong and put us in a handicap room, which considerably reduced the bathroom counter space. The room was very clean. The breakast included fresh waffles. They need to upgrade the tv in the room. Ok stay but we will try something else the next time we are in Auburn.

• Stayed May 2010
Trussville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2008

I stayed at the Sleep Inn on a Sunday night for business. It was 5 minutes from campus, very easy drive. Convenient to everything in Auburn. It was clean and comfortable. The young lady at the front desk was very courteous and she knew the area well. I would certainly stay here again. I didn't eat the breakfast, but it looked yummy!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!