“Worst Place I Ever Stayed In!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Auburn
Phenix City, Alabama
“Worst Place I Ever Stayed In!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

Me, my wife and kids went to the sleep inn in Auburn,Alabama because it had a indoor pool and all the other motels didn't.got there at 2 in the morning did not get to my room till 5:45 in the morning because the hotel clerk had me looking for a room that i requested to have WI-Fi in it didn't so we spent half the night looking for a room with WI-FI in it,so get to my room wake up about 10:30 so the kids could go swimming got on the internet to check my credit card and noticed they had charged me way over the price i was told so i went down stairs to ask about it and the new girl was working she had to get the manager,while i was talking to the manager about the problem she said it was from 12 calls made from that room,but she said that wasn't the problem the problem was that i need to pay for another night i said the lady i talked to told me when i made my reservation that i would be charged just one night since i would not get in till 2 in the morning and was leaving the next morning at 5.well i was lied to and she said that i need to pay for another night are leave,she was extremely rude and not in the least professional,i travel a lot for my wife and kids and this is by far the very very worst experience i have ever had i called choice motels but they did nothing either so i was a member of theirs but not anymore,no apoligizing, are refund, are a free night ,not nothing at all so if you go to Auburn don't stay there.and the BBB will be hearing from me,I also have my own business so you know the saying word of mouth is the best way to spread business are the worst way not to get it,I'm pissed because my kids didn't get to swim and the impression on their faces said it all !!!sorry it was so long

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Hartselle, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

They got our reservation wrong and put us in a handicap room, which considerably reduced the bathroom counter space. The room was very clean. The breakast included fresh waffles. They need to upgrade the tv in the room. Ok stay but we will try something else the next time we are in Auburn.

• Stayed May 2010
Trussville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2008

I stayed at the Sleep Inn on a Sunday night for business. It was 5 minutes from campus, very easy drive. Convenient to everything in Auburn. It was clean and comfortable. The young lady at the front desk was very courteous and she knew the area well. I would certainly stay here again. I didn't eat the breakfast, but it looked yummy!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Plymouth Devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2007

I had been booked into a real dump, The Best Western University Conference Centre, by my employer back in the UK, I didn't even stay one night, drove down the road and found this little gem of a hotel. Good value for money, Good friendly service.
It'll become my hotel of choice when I visit Auburn again.

• Liked — Service
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Birmingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2007

We booked this trip one month in advance with CSTT Sports Management travel. When we arrived our 2 queen -non smoking had turned into a king smoking. There was no way possible for a non smoker to stay in this room. You could smell the smoke through the door before you opened it. When we came down from looking at the room, the college student behind the desk walk to the center of the foyer and yelled, "Does anyone need me for the next 5 minutes?" Needless to say, we were forced to find another place on a tournament weekend. After 5 trys we did find something, the Best Western was lovely. The key to this hotel is, if you know this is a tournament weekend, be the first to arrive, because it is on a first come, first serve basis. Not just us, but most of our team didn't get what they had reserved, and had called to confirm before arrival.

Stayed October 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2007

We just returned from a one night stay at this hotel. The hotel is relatively new and exceptionally clean. In fact, I have stayed at hotels for twice the price and not had that level of cleanliness.
The young lady that greeted us at check in was very friendly and efficient. There is one elevator for the four story hotel but we never had to wait even though the hotel was totally booked. Our room on the fourth floor had a microwave, refrigerator, couch, coffee table, desk and king bed. Quite spacious. The bathroom was not only clean, but well equipped. There was an easy to use coffee maker and plenty of towels. A tiny bottle of shampoo and soap were the only toiletries but there was a sign encouraging you to call the front desk if you needed anything else. No tub...so that could be a problem for people with small children... but the shower had an interesting configuration where no shower curtain was necessary. On the downside, the water pressure in the shower was really low. The bed was very comfortable and the T.V. was a decent size with plenty of channels to watch. Complimentary breakfast was served from 6AM to 9AM which was typical continental style except for the addition of a "make your own" waffle station. Food quality was what I would describe as "typical". The hotel's location is right off the interstate and only a few miles from Auburn University.
I would... and probably will, stay at this hotel again. I'd definitely recommend it if you find yourself in Auburn.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — shower water pressure
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Etters, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2007

I needed a place to stay while visiting my son at Auburn. I chose this hotel after reviewing all the possibilities from Trip Advisor & Expedia sites. This was my first experience with a Sleep Inn and it was great. This is a fairly new motel close to all attractions, restauarants and the interstate. Very similar to a Hampton Inn but better. Each room has a refrigerator and microwave. This location also had an indoor pool and an exercise room with two elipticals and treadmill, as well as a business center with internet. My room cost $75/night which is half the price of other places. This motel has at least 4 floors and all rooms are interior access.

The staff is very friendly and attentive. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. Personal safety is not an issue. Cable TV with free HBO and individual HVAC in each room. A continental breakfast is included; or you can walk to the Waffle House next door.

I was very impressed with my stay which was for a total of 4 nights. I will definitely stay here again. I hope this helps when choosing a place to stay at Auburn.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Clarion Inn & Suites University Center
4.0 of 5 stars 25 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Auburn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Auburn
The Hotel at Auburn University

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!