“Fine for an overnight stay, but no longer” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Auburn
Southern U.S.
“Fine for an overnight stay, but no longer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The good: conveniently located off the interstate and a short drive to a few restaurants

The bad: badly worn furniture in the lobby with torn and dirty fabric; room had foul, sour odor; totally unacceptable breakfast with apple juice that was more water than juice, lukewarm coffee that we had to ask for because there was none when breakfast hours weren't even half over, a hot breakfast was advertised, but there was nothing hot, and there was NO fruit; tear in comforter on bed, and toilet paper holder was broken

*****All of the things in disrepair send up a red flag. This hotel needs some items replaced and some TLC.

The best: Diamond was working the front desk when we checked in, and she was super sweet and friendly. She was truly the best thing about this hotel. If not for her, I would have given this hotel 2 stars.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tim S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest;

We want to thank you for staying with us at the Sleep Inn & Suites. We value you as a guest and want to apologize for the issues you had with your room and breakfast experience. We are in the process of renovation and want you to come back and stay with us for a FREE NIGHT! Call me in advance at 334-501-3300 to make your reservation, again thank you and we are very sorry.

Tim Stanley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Henagar, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My family of 5 stayed in this hotel for an Auburn University football game weekend. The room was expensive, but was much cheaper than comparible rooms in the area. We stayed in a double queen bed suite with a sleeper sofa. The room was comfortable and clean with a desk and mini-fridge. We could not find linens for the sleeper sofa so I called the front desk and they appoligized and delivered them to my room in only a few minutes. This property is very near the interstate at exit 51, but we did not hear any highway noise inside our room. The breakfast was above average for this class of hotel and the staff kept everything well stocked and was very helpful. I will definitly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tim S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
We at the Sleep Inn & Suites value you and your family as guest and want to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. Our goal is to "WOW" you each and every visit , and if we want don't we failed you. Again, thank and have a blessed week.

Tim Stanley
Hiram, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have stayed at both the Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn in Auburn, they were both sold out so I decided to try the Sleep Inn. Wow, what a pleasant surprise! The accomodations are as good as the Holiday Inn & Hampton Inn and the service is exceptional. The desk clerk who checked me in, Diamond, was so pleasant and accomodating she made me feel like I was a VIP; but all the staff at the hotel are very friendly too. I travel to Auburn a couple of times a month for business and know where I will be staying from now on.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Purchased a Suite with King size bed NON smoking. Received a dirty non suite smoking queen size bed! The hotel attendant said there was nothing she could do and "we can't give you another person's room because it would be unfair to the guest who made reservations." I made reservations and they didn't honor them! They offered no refund or consideration of any kind. There was no manager on duty. The front desk attendant customer service was pathetic. She said she was about to get off and if I called down and spoke to the next person on duty "he would be rude to you I can tell."

This is a 2 star hotel but charged $179.50 a night! We were treated like garbage by this hotel. Why in the world are people giving them 4 and 5 star reviews? Did you not notice the stains on the floor and lamp shades? Did you not see how dirty the rooms are?

I have stayed at 5 star hotels for less than I paid for this Bates Motel like experience. I would sooner sleep in my car than sleep at this trashy hotel again. Just to drive home the point here...my wife was ready to slap the hotel attendant on duty the night we checked into the hotel. There literally looked like there was a crime scene in my hotel room!

Room Tip: Sleep in your car !
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Phil T, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
We love our guests and our goal is always 100% satisfaction! We attempted to correct all of their concerns and come to an amiable solution, but despite our best efforts there was no way of making conciliation of this guest.
Dothan, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I've only stayed here once. The staff made me and my wife feel like we own the place. They went above and beyond. I am terrible with names, but three people that worked morning/night of I think 2nd in August.

We checked in slightly earlier than check-in time, so when we got in room, the pillows still did not have covers. I told the housekeeper on the floor, we work in hotels so I told her it'd be fine just to get me the cases. She had a very happy attitude and came in and put them in for us.

Breakfast was above average.

Room was nice and comfy and clean.

Everything worked.

If you find yourself needing a place to stay in Auburn, don't hesitate on it being here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My daughter stayed for one night before moving into her apartment, and everything worked out well. She indicated the room was comfortable, she had no problems finding it, checking in or out. Rate was reasonable. Reviews were pretty good for a "value" hotel, and her stay indicated they were correct.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

If there weren't the sweetest people at the desk then this place would be considered a dump. SERIOUSLY, the rooms need extreme renovations (lampshades, blinds, comforters, molding, etc.). So my family and I drove in for a large tournament and on Friday at check-in we were greeted by a clerk who informed us that our room was not ready and that it should be completed soon but that the housekeepers were working behind because of the "maintenance of the elevator." Ohh no problem, we'll just wait a few more minutes, maybe head to lunch and come back within an hour right? Wrong!

When we came back, we noticed the elevator was STILL out of order and there was a sign listed on it that said so. How does this help us when my 79 year old mother is with me and my husband to see her 1st grandchild play ball. After we made it up the stairs, we got to our room which smelled of smoke and musk. Had the room been cleaned like the lady said? We reported the issue to the desk and almost an hour later a housekeeper came in to spray and deoderize the room...no luck! When we turned on the tv, it was a black screen...count it... 1. room not ready at check in time, 2. elevator broken, 3. tv broken...and its not over yet!

We reported this to the desk and they offered to move us, we actually considered it too until we were reminded that the elevator was broken and that our bags would need to be holstered up and down stairs until we found a nicer room. That night as we flopped into the lobby after my son's last game, I overheard other guests complain about the same issues but also how the internet and cable had been out for several hours all morning. As I asked the guest when they were leaving-they replied "not soon enough!" Yeah I think that about sums it up...one issue after another and I have to pay you? NEVER AGAIN!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Clarion Inn & Suites University Center
4.0 of 5 stars 25 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Auburn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Auburn
The Hotel at Auburn University

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!