“Friendly waiter/waitress, fair price” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Auburn, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly waiter/waitress, fair price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

At first I didn't want to try this place. But, then I did. The food was okay and the price are fair. What got me coming back are their waiter and waitress's excellence customer service. I think they took classes. Now, I'll definitely come back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lafayette, AL
“Not bad, but not authentic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

If you have had real Vietnamese food, you will not be impressed with Pho Lee. It is a pretty restaurant and the service is great. Too bad the food is not anything like real Vietnamese food. For example: Authentic Pho is almost always made with a very strong, flavorful stock, almost always beef. It is served with a plate full of whole asian basil leaves, mint leaves, cilantro (or culantro), peppers, scallions, bean sprouts, lime wedges, and other condiments. At Pho Lee, we got bowls of weak broth that tasted faintly of chicken. There was about one teaspoonful of chopped green stuff floating on it. The condiment plate had bean sprouts and one lime wedge. Maybe they think the typical American won't know what to do with that stuff. There are a number of good Vietnamese places in Atlanta, a few in Birmingham, and even a good one in Montgomery. All will serve you a reasonably authentic bowl of Pho. You will get an OK bowl of soup at Pho Lee, but it won't be Pho.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Gulf Shores, Alabama
“Vietnamese in Auburn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My first meal at Pho Lee and I was amazed at how good the food was. To start Pho Lee has been open for only two weeks. It was packed on a Wednesday night around seven pm. We only waited for about ten minutes though. The staff was accommodating and got a table for us and five children. The menu is Vietnamese and Pho is the centerpiece. We had cold pho and hot pho. The hot pho soup with eggroll, rare meats and noodles was just outstanding and the regular portion was enough for two. We also had the cold pho with noodles, bean sprouts lettuce and the meat sampler, again outstanding. Even the kids loved their fried rice dishes.The price was very reasonable. The wait staff was attentive and we wanted for nothing during the meal. When we finished we spoke with the restauranteur Lee. Wonderful person and we were delighted to have spoken with him. I will definitely be back for one of the best and healthiest meals I've had in a long time.

• Visited January 2014