“WILL NOT BE STAYING HERE AGAIN!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Auburn
Moorhead, Mississippi
“WILL NOT BE STAYING HERE AGAIN!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

Simply put: NEVER AGAIN! I will not be staying here again! I'm certainly glad I didn't pay full price for my stay here. The only reason I stayed here is because it's closer to my bf who attends a university not too far from the area. I didn't even stay the entire duration, I had to leave. For the first three days, this hotel didn't even have hot water! No hot water for 3 days?! That was ridiculous! It's bad enough the rooms were small, it could have at least been clean and comfortable. Management of this hotel has definitely got to step it up! Amenities are outdated and there wasn't even a proper breakfast area. For breakfast there were 2 tables against the wall in the lobby and they served cereal, juice and coffee :( RIDICULOUS! This hotel stay was far below my standards. I stayed at the Microtel in Opelika previously and should have gone back there! If it weren't for me trying to stay closer to my bf I most def would have left as soon as I stepped foot in the lobby *ick* Needless to say, I didn't stay the whole time anyway; couldn't take it anymore. I will NEVER compromise my level of comfort again! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY I DON'T CARE HOW DEEP THE DISCOUNT IS! If you want comfort and good value for your money stay at the Microtel Inn & Suites in Opelika....NOT AUBURN!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

Our room wasn't ready when we got there because they had been full the night before. We had to wait about 45 minutes, but the room was clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly and accomodating. My only "complaint' is that the TV was mounted too high to watch in comfort. There was no hot food for breakfast, but it's a budget hotel and I thought we got what we paid for, and that's all I ask. This hotel is near the Interstate, but if you're there to tour Auburn University, there are hotels closer to campus.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

The Microtel Inn in Auburn is a great place to visit and was reasonably priced. The hotel was very clean, the customer service was very efficient and they cared about the guest who was spending the night there. Although the rooms just had the basic features to a hotel room, the rooms did offer a small refrigerator and a safe. The breakfast was good and they offered cereal, juice, coffee, bagels, pastries and fruit. The hotel is located close to the highway and is about ten minutes away from Auburn University and there are shops and restaurants close by on College Street. I would recommend this hotel because the rooms are reasonably priced and the hotel was very quiet and I did not have to worry about being disrupted.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
North Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

This Microtell is not fancy but is a great place for a good, clean, new place for relatively little money. The rooms are pretty small but so is the price.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Attleboro, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

This Microtel has the traditional, comfy Microtel window seat. One wall was all mirrors, giving the room a larger feel. We had 2 queen beds instead of tiny double ones with a microfridge in the room. Everything was clean and well maintained - no problems. There's no guest laundry in the hotel but they said that there is a laundromat 3 miles away.
Breakfast was a bit meager: bagels, bananas & apples, wrapped Danish, cold cereal, juice, and coffee.
This is a pet-friendly hotel for $10/night extra for pets under 25 pounds.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Cartersville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

I made reservations online in March for June 24 and 25. We were in Auburn for my son's freshman orientation. I wanted to make sure it was okay to check in around 9 PM (even though I had it reserved with a credit card) so I called the front desk at 1:40 PM (time call was placed from my cell) to let them know that I was going to be late checking in and to make sure they didn't give my room away. I was assured it was okay. Well we got there around 9 PM and the lady at the front desk was having trouble finding my room...while I was standing there for 15 minutes a couple came up to the desk and said the key she had given them opened the door but someone was in the room. They were a little upset and she apologized to them and gave them another room. She then discovered that she didn't have anything but a smoking room left (I had reserved a non-smoking). I checked it out and knew I would be sick if I spent the night in the room. She called across the street and got us another room (at a higher price) and assured me that I would have the room the next night. I went ahead and agreed to come back because I wasn't sure what I else I could get at the last minute with hundreds of people being in town for the Auburn event. I was so mad that I called the next morning to talk with the manager. I told her the least they could do was make up the difference for the extra I had to pay for other hotel room. She said the manager would call me. Well he didn't but she called me back and said he was going to take $14 off the cost of the room for Friday night....which was not worth what I had to go through. I was not that impressed with the room. The window seat was cute but it had dirty places on it. The toilet was stopped up and I had to call to get a plunger. The front desk help at night was very nice but the management of the place needs to improve. My son is just starting college in Auburn but I'm looking for another hotel to stay at when I'm in town.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2009

I can recommend this hotel as a good place to stay if you're looking for affordable, clean, no-frills, pet-friendly accomodations.

As has been stated in other reviews, the rooms are small and the parking is tight. But everything was clean and in working order. I reserved online through the chain's web site, and there were no surprises related to room availability or billing. The Internet access worked without problem.

For dog owners, the location is convenient to a relatively quite research park with sidewalks and large grassy areas that can be reached without having to cross a busy highway. Worked out well for morning walks.

I stayed for three nights and was comfortable the entire time.

• Liked — Price, cleanliness, Internet access, pet policy
  • Disliked — Small room size, limited parking near the front door, uncomfortable chair
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Auburn? Share your experiences!