“Excellent for Breakfast (yes, I said Breakfast)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Byrons smokehouse, auburn al

No photo provided
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 179 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: Barbecue
Jefferson City, MO
“Excellent for Breakfast (yes, I said Breakfast)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

You don't normally think of a BBQ joint for breakfast, but Byron's is the exception to the rule. I like the sausage link biscuit, and my wife likes the bacon, egg and cheese biscuit. Biscuits vary in size by type ordered. For example, a bacon egg and cheese biscuit is bigger than a sausage link biscuit. But it doesn't matter because the food is terrific and you'll probably want two biscuits anyway! Have never been for anything but breakfast but we go back nearly every Saturday when we're there. Oh, and on Auburn Football home game days... they might be closed. Unless you're War Eagle, you probably wouldn't understand.

• Visited January 2014

Gulf Shores, Alabama
“Best BBQ in Auburn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I have been coming to Byron's since I was a student in the 90's. This is by far the best BBQ in Auburn. The chipped sandwich and a side is what I usually get. I was in there yesterday and glad to see the new updated building. Fortunately the food was still the same...good! Not much has changed except the updated look. I'll be back!

• Visited January 2014
“Damn Good BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Nice Fall day in Auburn AL, cool not cold, and had a hankering for BBQ. I have had several in Auburn and Byron's is the best! They have it chipped, chopped and sliced to your preference which can be had via a sandwich which I had a couple of wonderful chopped sandwiches with delicious baked beans. You could also get a plate to preference with two sides and they have a lot if sides to choose from such as baked beans, slaw, Mac n cheese, Brunswick stew, chips, green beans and fruit cup. Small but comfortable dining area with several TVs to catch game and the service staff is extremely accommodating. Enjoy Byron's Smokehouse BBQ!

Tacoma, Washington
“Some Awesome BBQ in Auburn!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have a good friend who went to school at Auburn, so when the Spousal Unit (SU) and I were driving through there around lunchtime, I called and asked my friend (an excellent BBQ chef in her own right) where the best "Q" joint was in town. She immediately said, "Byron's, on Opelika Road!" One iPhone search later, we pulled in to what looked like a former fast food joint, and had our socks knocked off by some seriously awesome BBQ!
I like ribs. Byron's ribs? I loved 'em. They had that tangy, crispy exterior, perfect pink smoke ring, tender, juicy, and meaty. In a word, PERFECT! Best ribs I've had in years. SU had chipped pork, which featured a tangy, tomato/vinegar-based sauce. I had mac n' cheese and fried okra sides: both were delicious. Corn muffins were fresh-baked and addictive.
This is an "Order at the counter" kind of place, staffed by college/high school students, and they are friendly, clearly happy to be working there, and know their menu well. When I spotted what looked to be homemade pecan pie occupying a deep dish pie tin, I asked our counter girl if it was truly homemade. She let me know it was Sara Lee, not homemade, which gained max points for honesty. (And I avoided gaining max pounds, also a plus!)
Byron's got crowded real quick as the lunch hour started, and appears to be held in high regard by students and locals alike. As long as you don't wear any Crimson Tide apparel in there, you will definitely enjoy your meal at Byron's Smokehouse BBQ!

• Visited November 2013
“Gameday breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Byron's serves breakfast from 6-10 am cst and they were super busy from 9-10 before miss st game. They have wonderful smoked sausage links and biscuits and every breakfast item was tasty for an inexpensive breakfast. A good atmosphere to kick off game day as it was quite festive. Enjoy Byron's.

• Visited September 2013