“Awesome.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hound is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 188 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
auburn, al
“Awesome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Had the bacon and avocado sandwich with added cheese. One of the best O have had. Fries were fresh and drinks are good also. We will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Birmingham
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food and great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I've lived in Auburn for a couple years and can't believe it took me this long to try this place! I like the discrete location and dark ambiance. The waiter (Phil was awesome) recommended the pork chop and it was hands down the best I have ever tasted. They have a diverse drink menu and even had Cidre on tap so my fiancé was more than happy to have a beer with me. Wonderful experience.

Auburn
“Overpriced and just average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Extremely boring chicken. Fish special (30 bucks) was plain. No presentation. Actually had to send a beer back. Won't go again. But the place was packed?

Dadeville, Alabama
“Bad dinner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Nice folks, but the food was just not eatable. Mine was meatload and had so much spice and hot peppers mixed in all you got was a mouth full of burning. It looked like it had been made and frozen maybe even soy meal. My husbands steak orderd medium well was rare and he just picked at it. The prices were way to high for this quality of food. I spend my $100.00 where I know the food is great but never again at this place. I won;t go back nor will I recomend it to anyone I know.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Carutjs1, Owner at The Hound, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
I am very sorry you had such a bad experience. My husband and I work very hard to ensure our guests eat well and enjoy their time, but unfortunately, we sometimes miss the mark, as with your experience. I hope that you brought this up to your server as I can assure you we would have paid for your meal and brought you something else- it's our way to ensure even if you don't like it, you still leave happy. We value and understand the importance of our customers and hope you saw that in our service. I can assure you this type of experience you described is very rare for the Hound and hope that you would give us another shot. I do want to ensure you that our meatloaf is not soy (it's all natural ground beef and pork, a few veggies and shrooms, with a spicy glaze), we don't even carry soy. Also, everything is made from scratch every day, this is part of our family kitchen culture and restaurant concept. The only thing we freeze is our homemade ice cream :). Very sorry again.

Jana Poirier
Birmingham, Alabama
““Delicious Brunch in Local atmosphere ””
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My son and I had brunch on a Sunday morning on our way out of town. We both tried the mocha indulgences - Iced Crack strong and good but the Mocha Dark Chocolate was delish! Our meal was just as indulgent and tasty. The Green Tomato Bennie was light and flavorful. I am not a big fan of pork belly but the few small bites I had made the dish complete. My son had the Granola French Toast. For those who love Disney's Polynesian Tonga Toast, he said this French Toast was better. We will come back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere