“Good Place To Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Auburn
Macon, Georgia
“Good Place To Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My family and I stopped in Auburn for an overnight stay and a visit to Toomers Corner. The hotel staff, especially Rhonda, all went above and beyond in their service and in their attitude. Their kindness stands out to me.
The rooms were clean and comfortable. The beds slept well.
The rooms were furnished with fridge, microwave, desk & chair, wing chair and footstool, and more.
The price I paid was very good considering where we were and what we recieved in return.
The breakfast bar was better than the usual breakfast bar,in that there was bacon and eggs in addition to all the carbs usually found on a breakfast bar.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Blountsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed here during Camp War Eagle. Tried some of the other places near by but they were all full. Should have made reservations I guess. Anyway, the first night was a little pricey. Tax and all was 160 something. But the only 2 rooms they had were a queen suite and a king. There were 3 in our party so we really needed 2 beds. The room was very clean. I am a germ freak to put it mildly. I didnt feel like I needed to bathe in clorox when I left. Beds were comfortable. Pillows were both firm and soft. The breakfast bar was really good. My husband and I had to stay an additional night and we went back to Holiday Inn Express. They had a room and it was only $111, tax and all. We were too busy to try any of their other amenities. Basically all we did was bathe and sleep. I would definitely recommend Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed here to break up our family summer trip to SC. The hotel had a very nice lobby and the room seemed fairly clean. One of my biggest complaints is our room had a pool view, which they allow cigarette smoking at the pool. So every time someone smoked, it filtered in through the air conditioning vent and made our non-smoking room smell like smoke. Which gives me a headache for the rest of the day. I called and complained and they offered to move us, but we have two infants and had already assembled the pack-n-play and unpacked. So instead I turned off the air conditioner while there were smokers out there, which I had to do quite often. It would be a big plus if the hotel would designate smoking areas where it didn't filter through the air conditioners. Also the swimming pool attracts a lot of children so I don't think it is the wisest decision to allow smoking in the pool area!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My family and I had a very brief stay here recently. The staff was wonderful. Our room was a double queen suite and it looked great. The cleaning staff could have definitely done a better job though. We found our room to be fairly dirty with paper beind the cough and straw wrappers stuck to the coffee table. Overall, it was a decent experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have stayed at the hotel a couple of times and always received an excellent reception when I arrived. The staff is very friendly and very helpful with questions. The rooms are in good condition and made me feel comfortable. I would highly recommned this hotel as a place to stay in Auburn.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I went May 16th to the 18th with my school and it was SO fun! The pool was so nice and cooled me down from the hot Alabama sun. The hot tub was just the right temperature. I loved the bed, so comfortable, I went to sleep once I got in the bed. It is so nice and clean! The only complaint would be lack of entertainment when we stayed to rest. Only TV and a pool for entertainment. Couldn't use WI-FI because you need a code. Breakfast was good! Biscuits, bacon, country fried gravy, and I really loved this machine that made your pancakes for you! But *BEWARE* it does take a pretty long time but pancakes always come out PERFECT!! Alabama has a lot of sights but the hotel was a major part of my vacation. Thank you so much Holiday Inn!!!

Room Tip: The rooms on the 2nd floor that are in the back show a great view of the pool.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Shreveport/Bossier City, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

After a tiring 9-hour drive we arrived at 3PM to find out our room was not ready yet. The folks at the counter invited us to stay in the breakfast area for a short time. We only had to wait about 15 minutes then were allowed to check into our room. We were on the 2nd floor, and when we stepped off the elevator, even the halls smelled fresh and clean. Our room was a king standard on the front of the building and was very clean. Got a phone call from the front desk 10 minutes later asking if the room was OK (nice touch). The staff was very friendly and suggested some dining choices we were not even aware of in town.

When we turned in for the night, there was just a bit of road noise, but less than expected. Upon waking the next morning, the smell of the wonderfully-stocked breakfast hit you on the 2nd floor right before the elevator. Man, was everything hot and fresh and the lady working the breakfast area was restocking with a smile! Their health rating on the wall read 100% (and I do not doubt that a bit). Checkout was smooth and friendly, and then I was offered a business card that said to go to TripAdvisor and rank your stay (again, nice touch)....I sort of grinned at that one. All in all, this is a great hotel brick & mortar-wise, but it's jewel is the staff. I have stayed in 5-star establishments that could learn a thing or two about service from this "budget" hotel. Bravo, well-done!

Room Tip: Rooms away from road might just be the perfect choice.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
Quality Inn Auburn
Quality Inn Auburn
#6 of 14 in Auburn
4.0 of 5 stars 25 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Auburn? Share your experiences!