“Was fine for me, but....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of University Inn

University Inn
You added University Inn to your Saves list
University Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   129 N College Street, Auburn, AL 36832 (Formerly Super 8)   |
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Auburn
Lothian, Maryland
“Was fine for me, but....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2014

It's was fine for a wedding weekend, but only because we're a couple in our 20's.... If my parents stayed here, no bueno.

It's right downtown, literally the best possible location in town. Room was clean, but really dated. Shower drain was stopped up but they fixed it no problem.

Someone will buy this property eventually and do something awesome with it.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Mobile, Alabama, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2014

Recently I stayed at the University Inn located behind Don Quixote's on College Street in Auburn AL. It was quoted at $75 per night for two nights, but at check in the owner told me it would be $80 per night. told . It was horrible. The rooms were dirty, there were roaches, and the furniture was broken and in disrepair. On Friday night the band at Don Quixote's played until 2:30 in the morning. They do this every Friday night apparently, but the owner neglected to mention this or the filth and disrepair of his hotel. I would suggest you stay away, it was bad.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
mobile al
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2014

Horrible hotel! Even tho i paid $200 a night to stay there (game weekend) i was not expecting a 5 star hotel. I seen from the photos that it was an older hotel. Its in a great location but that is all it has going for it. When we first walked into the room i knew we had made a mistake. Everything is falling apart! We said oh well, its one night. BIG MISTAKE! My husband had to clean the toilet with soap and water because their was pee and hair on it. Everything was filthy! We did not want to touch anything or even take our shoes off. When we got back from the game and pulled the covers back, there was hair and fuzz on the sheets. Clearly someone had been laying in the bed! I went to the front desk and asked for more sheets because mine were dirty and he told me no, he cant give me anything. I said ill put them on, i just need clean ones. He said no! I said how am i suppose to sleep without clean sheets? He said its to late, i told him i will go get the sheets and put them on i just want clean ones. He still refused. Look at the pictures and you will see everything ive described. Also, u can see the light coming in from the bottom of the door which also means you can hear all the music and noise from the bar.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

My family stayed at this motel because we wanted to be on campus for the Auburn/LSU football game. The family members that had arrived before, had called to give me a "heads up" about the condition of the motel. When I walked in my room, I saw plaster falling from the ceiling, opened Sheetrock seams and a room that was filthy. Everything in the room was dirty, even the lamps of which only one worked. My family members arriving before me had purchased cleaning supplies. I literally cleaned the room as best I could. When I turned on the faucet in the tub, dark brown water came out for a while and there was a hugh clump of hair in the tub. Linens were haphazardly thrown on the beds. I complained Friday night to the male owner who didn't seem overly concerned. I mentioned the unclean conditions to the female owner when checking out and she said" the room was clean and I will not argue with yiou". During a home football weekend, prices for motels can triple. We paid $200 per night to stay in a room that we all had to clean. There were no other motels with vacancies in the area. I seriously considered sleeping in the car.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Lafayette, LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014 via mobile

If the owners would do some simple things this place would've been okay. Buy some nice linens, sheets and towels, replace shower curtain, and get tough with your cleaning crew!
On the positive side, we had new tile and new tv and looked like new carpet. We were in room101.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Davenport, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Anyone who plans to stay here should probably avoid any contact outside of check-in with the owners unless you are okay with people in the hospitality industry talking down to you like you are garbage. I stayed one night here and I have to admit the location is great. It's right in the heart of Auburn and there's a bunch of great bars and food joints within a stones throw. The room was okay. The shower was not. The ceramic soap dispenser was broken off and jagged which leaves no room for slippage. When I turned the water on it was the color of mud for about 30seconds which is alright if you're into mineral baths. My room key card was somehow disabled so I went to the desk to have them reset it. As I did I was given a strict scolding on how to never set my card near a cellphone etc. etc.. I didn't need to be scolded, I needed my card reset. I am a smoker but I do not stay in smoking rooms or smoke in my rooms when I travel. As I was checking out I saw the owner watering plants and decided to personally hand him the keys and say thank you. I had an unlit cigarette in my hand and when he noticed he went nuts, yelling to me that smokers stay in smoking rooms. I politely told him I do not smoke in rooms and I didn't smoke in that one. He continued to aggressively insist that it doesn't matter. I left very disturbed and unpleased that this old man acted that way my entire stay. Stay here if you like but stay away from the owner with an unlit cigarette. He's a grouch.

Room Tip: Don't get one!