“A real Southern charm” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Auburn
East Hampton, New York, United States
“A real Southern charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here with my daughter for college camp and by myself to see her off to college while she stayed at her dorm. I have stayed in many five star hotels. This hotel is located right on the campus. It has the ambiance that I was looking for. One problem in every hotel that I have stayed in is the heating and cooling system, this one is quiet so I sleep as if I were home. The restaurant is beautiful as well and delicious. The staff are professional, friendly and extremely helpful. The young women and men @ the front desk are the awesome. I went downtown and bought them cupcakes. They were extremely grateful and the next night to my surprise I received room service which I didn't ask for. To my amazement it was the front desk staff sending me a thank you with six chocolate covered strawberries!! I was able to sit outside of the lovely pool area. I would reccomend this hotel 100 percent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor facing the Auburn University campus. All of the rooms are gorgeous...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
David_Merryman, Manager at The Hotel at Auburn University, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear LauraH:

Thank you so much for being such a loyal repeat guest of ours, and for taking a moment to write us such a wonderful review.

As you noted, we are lucky to be located right on the campus of Auburn University, and our enviable location is certainly reason enough to stay with us. But I truly believe that it our fantastic staff of Hospitality professionals and AU Hospitality Management students that make the hotel such a special place. We have a wonderful team who make it their mission to go above and beyond for all of our guests, and I'm so happy that you truly appreciate their genuine Southern hospitality; I can assure you all of us really appreciated that you went out of your way to bring us cupcakes as thanks for a job well done.

Thank you again for being part of our Hotel at Auburn University Family; we look forward to welcoming you back over the coming months and years!

Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms Division

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

First trip to Auburn for a student project and was very pleased with the hotel. Did not use most amenities other than room service which was timely and hot, yet could see there were quality offerings available in other areas. The location is what makes it stand out the most. GREAT location! Would gladly stay there again and found the rice reasonable to warrant not looking elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear LisaE-5:

Thank you so much for being our guest during your recent trip to Auburn, and for giving us such a great review of your stay with us.

Our location on the campus of Auburn University can't be beat, and we are certainly proud of our connection to the school, it's students, and alumni.

Thank you again for your business; if your travels should bring you back to Auburn, we certainly hope to welcome you back to the hotel.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is our fourth stay this year but our first road trip with the dog. They were very accomodating first by putting a sign on the door to notify others of a pet in the room. But when we were unsure what to do with her for meals and asked them for suggestions they said they would keep an ear out for her and call us if she had issues. Like anxious parents we chose to stay close and ate in the hotel restaurant. The service was great as was the food. And our dog was fine and slept while we were away. We appreciated their extra efforts to care for our whole family.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a junior suite which that extra room made in so very comfortable. We were on th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
David_Merryman, Manager at The Hotel at Auburn University, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear K8Mac58

Thank you so much for staying with us at The Hotel at Auburn University, and for writing such a great review of your recent stay.

As truly love welcoming our guests four legged family members to the hotel; as a dog owner myself, I know how nice it is to be able to travel with your pet and not have to worry about boarding them while you are away. We are constantly looking for ways in which we can improve our pet program so that we can continue to provide an experience at the hotel that is second to none. Our landscaping crew (who incidentally does all the landscaping at Samford Hall across the street) has recently finished creating an on-site "pet area" that our guests can use instead of having to always go across the street.

Thank you again for being such a regular guest of ours, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Sylacauga, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were here on a non football weekend. We stayed on the 3rd floor in a room with a view to College Street. The room was very nice. Had an akward odor when we arrived, but I quickly got out the spray I travel with and refreshed the room. Wasn't an issue though. The beds are full size which with one adult in each bed and one child /teenage child makes for a tight squeeze. I would have preferred a queen bed which most hotels are offering as standard now it seems. Everything was very nice in the hotel though. We had the buffet breakfast on Sunday morning which was very good and the area was very well kept and maintained by staff. The staff at the hotel was very pleasant including the desk to the linen staff. Everyone said hello with a smile! Would definintely stay here again!

Dear Lvbeach85:

Thank you for taking a moment to give us your feedback on your recent stay at The Hotel at Auburn University, and for staying with us during your visit to Auburn.

I would like to apologize for the unusual smell you encountered in your room upon check in. It's nice to know that it wasn't an issue for you, but it is certainly something that we do not want you or any of our guests to experience, so I have alerted our Housekeeping Director about your concerns and he has addressed them with his staff.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast in Ariccia on Sunday morning; our Jazz Brunch is popular with our guests and local residents and we always love hearing positive reviews of the experience.

Of course, our biggest asset is our fantastic staff, and I'm pleased that you found them all to be pleasant and that they always said hello to you with a smile and showed you true Southern Hospitality.

Thank you again for your business; I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Auburn.

Tallahassee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Went out dog their way to treat me and my 80-pound Labrador like VIPs. When I left Shug in the room while I ran errands, she cried and barked. Instead of calling me to come back and get my dog, the hotel manager, John, came to he room and took her to his office. He called me to tell me she was ok and for me to take my time. Next day, the concierge watched her while we went to breakfast, even taking her out to do her business. And, a server by the pool brought her a bowl of ice so she could stay hydrated. They encourage guests with dogs to call ahead so they can book you on a lower floor room near the exit, for the dog's convenience. The hotel runs like a 5-star hotel in a larger city. Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: Inform staff you are bringing a pet so they will book you on a lower floor near an exit.
Dear Lauren W:

Thank you so much for your recent stay at The Hotel at Auburn University, and for giving us such positive feedback about your stay and our pet policy.

We are staffed with a wonderful team of hospitality professionals and students in the hospitality program at AU, and we all have the daily goal of making our guests stay as flawless as possible.

The vast majority of our reception staff are dog owners and are particularly attuned to the needs of our guests traveling with their four-legged family members. I can assure you that John was more than happy to take care of Shug while you were out ; in fact, all of us loved having her in the back - she certainly didn't suffer a lack of attention from any of us!

If your travel plans bring you back to the Auburn area, we would love to welcome you and Shug back to the hotel.

Executive Assistant Manger - Rooms Division
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here several times. The staff and service is wonderful. They have remodeled the bar and the restaurant.

The food was very good. Great place to walk or jog out on the campus. Beautiful trees!

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Joe B:

Thank you so much for staying with us at The Hotel at Auburn University and for providing such great feedback on your stay!

I hope that you enjoyed the newly renovated Ariccia dining room and bar; we are about 95% complete with all interior work and can't wait for the total project to be complete, including the completely re-done outdoor dining space.

Thank you again for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Auburn!

Ansbach, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Spent 2 nights at the hotel. Great location. Inside there is lots of hardwood floors which gives the hotel a warm inviting feel when you enter. The room was great. It had a big walk in shower instead of a bath tub. They also have a excellent bar with 5-6 craft beers on tap. I need to visit again.

Room Tip: I had room 513 which just had a door into the hallway. Others on the same floor had a room with a do...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
David_Merryman, Manager at The Hotel at Auburn University, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear John L:

Thank you so much for staying with us at The Hotel at Auburn University, and for taking a moment to write such a great review of your experience.

We are continually updating and refreshing the hotel, in order to make sure that we are offering our guests the best accommodations in Auburn (and the entire state of Alabama, for that matter!)

However nothing would be possible without the dedication and energy of our fantastic team of hospitality professionals and students. They truly bring the hotel alive with an honest desire to provide a world class experience for all of our guests, and to show the true meaning of Southern Hospitality.

Should your travels bring you back to Auburn, we certainly hope to see you again!

Executive Assistant Manger - Rooms Division
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
Quality Inn Auburn
Quality Inn Auburn
#6 of 14 in Auburn
4.0 of 5 stars 25 reviews

Been to The Hotel at Auburn University? Share your experiences!