“our trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Auburn
Opelousas, Louisiana
“our trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The hotel was nice, breakfast was great. the room was nice but dated. there was stains on the TV BOTTLE CAP ON FLOOR . Could have had bigger pillows on the bed they were like baby pillows. Over all the stay was good people were nice and helpful

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Mark F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel through Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate your business and value your opinions. We do apologize for the small pillows and please note that we will be getting new ones sometime after the first of the year. Once again, Thank you for staying with us and we do hope to see you again in the very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Nice hotel. Rooms were very spacious, but dated. Management needs to keep an eye on the housekeeping dept. It looked like the glass tables, and the TV's in my room were wiped down with a wet washcloth. Phone's & TV remotes in the room were dingy. Bed was old & soft. Breakfast bar was okay, but had a lot better at different locations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mark F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning the Hilton Garden Inn of Auburn. We greatly appreciate your business and value your opinions. Yes, we are dated but good news!! We are scheduled to undergo complete renovations beginning in December. I do apologize that you found your room to be dingy and I will gladly pass along all comments to the Housekeeping department so that we can ensure that this does not happen again. Once again, Thank you for staying with us and we do hope to see you again in the very near future.
San Diego, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was very pleased with this hotel. It was well priced and the facilities and room were excellent. I needed access to a gym while on this trip and found the one in the hotel well equiped and comfortable to use. Good bang for the buck. Will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Mark F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing to comment on your stay here with us at the Hilton Garden Inn of Auburn. We greatly appreciate your business and value your opinions. Once again, Thank you and we do hope to see you in the very near future.
Huntsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This hotel is a great place to stay in Auburn! Rooms are spacious and clean. Staff went out of the way to be helpful. It's a little hard to find if you don't print directions because you can't see it from the highway. Once you turn you have to go around the corner and there it is! Exceeded my expectations. Kids loved the painted tiger statue out front!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Mark F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond to Trip Advisor regarding your most recent stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn of Auburn. We greatly appreciate your business and value your opinions. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we do hope to see you again in the very near future.
Atlanta, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Modest hotel, but customer service in my opinion is questionable, does not offer equal service to all patrons. The breakfast offered was just okay, when asked to prepare scrambled eggs I was given processed egg substitute. not very tasty.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Mark F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thank you for responding to the Trip Advisor review. I do apologize that you felt as if the customer service was questionable. I have addressed all issues with all of the front desk staff and I guarantee that if you had a problem then it will not happen again. As far as the eggs are concerned, they are a Hilton Standard and if you found them not to be to your tasting then please feel free to ask for something else next time. We greatly appreciate your business and value your opinions. Once again, Thank you and we do hope to see you again in the very near future.
Albany, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was overall satisfied with my stay. The breakfast waitresses could have been a little nicer and attentive. As well as when I originally checked in, I wish the hotel would have been more prepared and had everything in order for us to check in. I had wait approximately 20 minutes just to check in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Mark F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking time to reply to the Trip Advisor review. I do apologize that it took so long to check you in but we are required to ask for a method of payment upon arrival for incidentals whether you are paying or your company is paying. Regardless, it should not have taken that long to check in. I do apologize. We greatly appreciate your business and value your opinions. Once again, Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn and we do hope to see you again in the very near future.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times (mostly for Auburn home fb games) and reviewed it once before. Since that review I had a couple of very negative stays and had decided not to stay here anymore. However, seeing it was under new management, I decided to try it again. The difference is obvious. The staff is friendly and eager to please. Check in is fast and accurate. Rooms are clean and comfortable. I can't comment on whether the breakfast has improved, because we did not have the opportunity to try it, but otherwise this hotel is greatly improved since my last stay. Having seen the current manager's replies to each and every TA review, it was obvious he cares about his hotel's reputation...and it was reflected in our stay. Kudos to you "Mark F."!

Room Tip: Rooms near freeway can be noisy. Had a king junior suite this time on front side of hotel. Near pool...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to the Trip Advisor reviews. I personally am very greatful for the compliments that you have given myself and the staff here at the Hilton Garden Inn of Auburn. We all greatly appreciate your business and value your opinions. I do take pride in my job and I am training all of the associates here to do the same. It makes us feel great about ourselfs and our jobs when we get compliments like you have given. Each associate has been empowered to make sure that each guest is completely satisifed before leaving our property. Once again, We do Thank you and hope to see you again in the very near future.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika? Share your experiences!