“good business trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Auburn
Tallahassee, Florida
“good business trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

this was a very nice hotel, conveniently located to multiple restaurants and stores and shops of all kinds. right off the interstate, staff was superb and went out of their way to be helpful, good breakfast with made to order omelet's and eggs however you wanted them. good selection of other breakfast items so I was in want of nothing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Mark F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your great ratings regarding your most recent stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn of Auburn. I will be honored to pass along all of the great compliments and we do hope to see you again in the very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed here for the first time August 13th and checked out Friday the17th. We asked for a quiet location on the 4th floor (I'm in my early 50's and my husband is 60). Antonio was the one who first located us on the 4th floor facing the road, which was NOT quiet so we immediately relocated to the opposite side of that hall in room 401. BIG mistake? After the first night my husband woke up with bites all over his legs. We initially thought they might be chigger bites (even though he wore long pants when we went to look at a lot we own). I've never had chigger bites so I didnt' know one way or the other. I had worn shorts and had NO bites however. The next night I woke up with some bites on my inner thigh. Then after the 3rd night I had bites all over and insisted that these were bed bugs and NOT chiggers. We started taking the bedding apart and found several bugs, living and dead IN the mattress as well as along the carpeted baseboard. I made my husband go and get someone to look at this. I wasn't about to sleep another night sharing a bed with living bugs in my mattress or in the room!!! Two gentlemen came in and looked around and then offered to have us moved to another room, which we did. We went to the 3rd floor to room 326, which was on the road but we had no problem sleeping on the 4th night, with the exception of itching from the bites like nothing I've EVER experienced in my life. We are both still dealing with the horrible bite marks all over our legs and I've got them on my torso as well. I'm on certain medications and believe that my bites look worse than my husbands due to how they may affect my skin. We had noticed that room 401 really wasn't very clean and was not being properly cleaned. The bed skirt looked as if it had NEVER been washed since it was put on the bed. Once we were moved to room 326 it was like a breath of fresh air - literally. The air quality was better. It was extremely clean compared to room 401. As far as the front desk staff goes, Jennifer always looked up, smiled, and greeted guests coming and going, while Andy and Antonio were the complete opposite. I don't think that Antonio even looked at us when he checked us in. I pay close attention to this as I'm a blogger when we travel and don't like spending money to be treated like we're not even there. And I'm a very friendly person. Jennifer could probably attest to this. I wouldn't ordinarily publish such photos and they don't show just how bad they got due to the unbelievable itching, but I feel stongly that these were caused by bugs from room 401 and not when we went into the wooded lot the first day. They wouldn't show up days later and we've been to our lot many times over the years and never gotten bitten before.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to respond to the survey regarding your most recent stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn of Auburn. I do apologize for your troubles. We were at 100% occupancy the dates that you were here and as you stated we did everything within out power to get you into a quiet room. As far as the bugs are concerned, as soon as your husband reported them to us we immediately acted by moving you to another room and having the Professional Orkin inspector come out and inspect all rooms in the vacinity including your room. The inspector found no evidence of any bed bugs. I did speak with your husband and he did inform me that you and him had been in the woods that day and I asked him to please make sure that it was not "chigger" bites. I will be glad to credit back one nights stay for your inconvience but I would hope that you will understand that we did have the room inspected and there was no sign of any bugs that would have caused the bites as you posted. Since this incident we have had several guests stay in that room and have had no problem at all. Once again, I do apologize and would hope that you will try and give us another chance to make your stay 100% when you are back in town. I have also spoken with all of the front desk staff to ensure that they are greeting each and every guest in the appropriate manner.
New Orleans, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The hotel was a great one to stay over night and have breakfast. The ammenities were excellent, and the rooms were spacious and clean. I highly recommend this, and would stay there again in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your response regarding your most recent stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn of Auburn. We greatly appreciate your business and value your great comments. I will pass along all the comments and we do hope to see you again in the very near future.
Jersey Shore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed here to move my daughter into Auburn U. The hotel is a 5-10 minute drive, nicely located on the back road (Glenn) into town. The hotel is pretty standard Hilton brand, everything was clean, beds were comfortable. We were in a suite which had a coffee maker, fridge, and microwave. The staff was friendly and willing to assist in any way possible. Breakfast was especially nice, cooked to order, or standard minimal buffet.
I thought this hotel was going to be a bit inconvenient but everything else was sold out, I'm glad I had the opportunity to stay here. I would stay again in a heartbeat, it was very easy for AU and close to lots of restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mark F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. We greatly appreciate your business and value your opinions. It's great comments like yours that makes our team feel important and that they are doing their job of making the guest completely satisfied. Once again, Thank you and we do hope to see you again in the very near future.
Vero Beach, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

They botched our reservation and did nothing to compensate. We had reserved a double and when I called to confirm they said I had a king and there were no other rooms available. The individual, Andy, was the rudest person I have ever encountered. I requested a roll-away which was not in the room upon arrival and took several hours to arrive once requested. The air in the room was not working properly which probably accounted for the stale smell, one elevator was broken, staff was rude, fridge in room wasn't working. Overall not a Hilton I would recommend. :(

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sorry for the inconvenience and problems that you encountered during your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn of Auburn. I have personally addressed all of your issues and hope that the issues addressed are resolved. I do apologize and please note that all issues are being corrected immediately. I do hope that you will give us another chance at making this situation correct.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Hotel was very peaceful, very clean, and very stay-worthy! The staff is amazing, from the front desk to the maintenance workers! They have beautiful, clean rooms, and they have a beautiful pool, state of the art workout room, and a very simple, clean laundry room along with the bedroom. If I ever find myself in Auburn again, Hilton Graden Inn Auburn/Opelika will get my business!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mark F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent response to the Trip Advisor Survey. We greatly appreciate your business and value your opinions. I will pass along all the great compliments that you gave the staff. We pride ourselves in making each and very guest 100% satisfied. Thanks again and we do hope to see you again here at the Hilton Garden Inn of Auburn.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This stay was unique because we wanted to stay in the Hilton Garden Inn, Columbus GA. However due to price and ability, we elected to make the daily drive to Columbus and I must say its worth the drive. First, the Drive, It only took about 45 minutes to get to Columbus, via 2 lane road the entire way with little or no traffic during normal rush hour travel time. Room was well-kept, clean and organized. Check in and out process was a breeze. The hotel is right next to I-85 which is convenient for traveling. You don't hear outside noise in the room. There are also shopping close by including the Tiger Town Shopping Complex that has quite a few Restaurants. Auburn University is about a 10 minute drive from the facility. The pool is outdoors and nice, but due to maintenance issues, the facility shut down its hot tub and filled the tub with concrete with no plans on adding a new hot tub. After a long drive from Atlanta International Airport (about 1.5 to 2 hours drive), the Hilton Garden Inn, with its made to order breakfast, pool, hot tub is to me a mini-embassy suites minus the managers reception. This is the first Hilton Garden Inn that I have been to with out the hot tub. However, for the lack having no hot tub, the Staff was probably one of the best staff's that I have met. I do mean the entire staff. Southern hospitality truly shines at this location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mark F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent comments regarding your stay with us here at The Hilton Garden Inn of Auburn, We greatly appreciate your business and value your opinions. I am glad that you found the staff to be excellent. It's comments like yours that makes us feel like a complete team. Once again, Thank you and we do hope to see you again in the very near future.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika? Share your experiences!