“Great for hiking or a day with the family” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 Attractions in Auburn
Type: State Parks, Outdoors
Greenville, Alabama
15 attraction reviews
“Great for hiking or a day with the family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I always go for the little waterfall they have there. The trail down to it is nice and easy to navigate with small children. It is beautiful and I love to take photos there, they always turn out beautifully.

Visited September 2011

swansea
7 attraction reviews
“Great $2”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

$2 per adult, $1 6-12, awesome hike to a small waterfall and great wilderness. 1-2 hours of outdoor time

Visited April 2012
auburn, al
3 attraction reviews
“Love this Place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I go here all the time with our 2 dogs. It is really big and there are trails everywhere so even if there are a lot of people there you never run into that many because it is so big. In the summer it does tend to get pretty warm but there is water almost anywhere you go so we will swim with our dogs to cool off. Beautiful park and would recommend to anyone that loves to do outdoor hiking.

Visited April 2012
Fairhope, Alabama
“We loved Camp "Chewbacca!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

My family of four recently stayed at Chewacla (nicknamed Chewbacca by my two sons, ages 8 and 9) for a Fri-Sun visit. The staff was helpful and informative. When I made my reservation by phone, the staff member I talked to guided me to choose a cabin that would be the most comfortable for my family. He took time to give me directions and sent a follow up email with all of the information that I'd need for our trip. When we arrived, a couple of hours early, the staff was happy to allow us an early check-in and even hooked up with a john boat, life jackets, and oars-all included with the cabin.

We stayed in Cabin 2 which sleeps up to 6 and overlooks Lake Chewacla. The cabin is a renovated 1930's cabin full of rustic charm AND a modern bathroom and kitchen. We found the cabin to be clean, well stocked with the kitchen basics, and ready for camping action. Outside of the cabin were several chairs for porch sitting, a picnic table for outdoor dining and a fire pit. We were in the perfect spot for fishing from our own little pier, but were close to the playground, swimming area (with high dive!) and just a short hike to the unexpectedly lovely Chewacla Falls. We could even hear the waterfall from the cabin. My kids enjoyed the woods and the water and had a blast making smores over a nice fire one night.

As far as location goes, Chewacla is nestled right off the main drag and we had easy access to the University, where we went to watch a few baseball games. It took us maybe 10 minutes to get to campus each day. It would be an awesome location to use as home base for home football games in the fall.

Overall our experience was just what we were looking for-"camping" light with the option to go do other stuff if we wanted to, but plenty to do on site if we didn't.

Visited March 2012
“The cabins are great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

We have often stayed at the cabins at Chewacla. They are roomy for a family and right on the lake. Lots of room for jogging and hiking and a little removed from the hoopla surrounding Auburn University football weekends. Well worth a visit!

Visited March 2012

Been to Chewacla State Park? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Chewacla State Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.