“Great friendly service at a very reasonable rate” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stay Lodge of Auburn

Stay Lodge of Auburn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Auburn
Stay Lodge of Auburn
You added Stay Lodge of Auburn to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1654 S.College Street, Auburn, AL 36832   |
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Auburn
phenixcity
“Great friendly service at a very reasonable rate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My family and I stayed for 3 nights and we had a very pleasant time at the hotel and Auburn area.
The staff was friendly ,our room was clean & fresh smelling,beds were sleepable ,staff were cleaning carpets in rooms & hallways and even though the frontdesk closes at 9pm and doors get locked so only guest can enter with there room keys and there is a emergency number on door that if i had any issue to call and someone would be available within minutes which made me feel safe.
I would definitly book here next time we visit the area and recommend anyone to stay.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Jersey Shore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I made a last minute (3 hours before) reservation, everything else was booked. I arrived around 9, the woman at the desk was very nice and helpful, however leaving for the night. No one else was coming in, I found this a bit odd. Up to my room, I was on the smoking floor, I smoke, I don't smoke what was raging through the halls. Into my room smells fine, the party is across the hall and down one.
The room looks dated with very cheap furnishings but set up well with a kitchenette, sitting area and sleeping area. The kitchen area has a tile floor that was VERY slippery, think Mexico, I almost bought it several times. They provide 2 thin bath towels and one wash cloth and a small bar of soap. No plastic cup. The room just gave an overall dirty feel, I did look for bed bugs and there were none to be found. The bed was not plush but not horrible either. The light shades had stains some with holes and an overhead light was out.
I went to dinner and came back around 11, party still going on now between 2 rooms, I was so tired I didn't much care. Around 1am it sounded like gangs outside. Followed by lots of comings and goings on my floor. Now I don't believe there to be any really bad areas around but there is no one at the front desk.
For the first time ever in a hotel, I felt completely uncomfortable. I slept with my jewelry on and my suitcase ready to grab in case I had to run in the middle of the night, which I thought was insane.
I don't know that it is fair to judge the hotel based on the guests but I don't know if the people outside were guests or regularly hang there. There wasn't anyone to check with.
Based on the inside it would be an extreme last resort but I don't think I would ever stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

What's to say? Location and price were fine as I was tired and needed to stop halfway during the trip. Other than that...the attendant was on the phone to her friend and only helped me after I stood there for 3-5 minuted while she finished her chat. The room was just OK. Nothing more. The sheets seemed used so I slept on the covers, and I've seen better bathrooms in Africa. Also, the ac unit wasn't up to snuff for the weather. Aaaarg!

Not sure how this got a higher rating than the ones below it for the area. They must really be horrible.

Room Tip: My only tip is to spend more and stay somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Guatemala City, Guatemala
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This has to be dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. We had to go to the local Wal-Mart to buy clean towels and sheets. The hotel linens were stained, the rooms smelled of cat urine, beds were lumpy and old. I have stayed in some pretty bad places in my travels around the world but this one pretty much tops the list of disgusting places to stay. And what made it worse? The price gouging- nearly 200 dollars a night- granted it was a football weekend, but for that price I would at least expect clean sheets and towels.
STAY AWAY FROM THE STAY LODGE at all costs.

Room Tip: just don't stay there
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Auburn, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Infested with bedbugs!! Room 310. Horrible and unfriendly staff! Talked with someone on the elevator who was staying on the 2nd floor who also had bed bugs. If your looking for an extended stay hotel go to hometowne suites, great clean rooms friendly staff and everything is included!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
North Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

If you are looking for a fancy hotel with a lot of amenities, this is not what you are looking for. If you are looking for a simple place to stay for a few days/weeks, this fits the bill nicely.

The Stay Lodge of Auburn is not fancy. It is designed as a hotel catering to people who are living away from home for a while. Each room has a small range, sink, counter, cabinets and a refridgerator so that you can save money by eating in if you want. The rooms are not large but are adequate. They do not include dishes or utensils so you will have to use paper or bring your own. Also, rooms are serviced only once per week (or when guests leave) so you will have to make you own bed.

The only other downside to this establishment for me is that they do not currently have much of a website. You have to call to make reservations.

The upside to this place is price. It is a well kept, clean place in a good location for a good price. I have stayed here a few times and never regretted it. It is also a good place for situations like my son, whose apartment lease ran out 5 days before he graduated from Auburn. He had to be out of his apt. so we got him a room at the Stay Lodge for a week for ~$250 or about $36 per night. When we wanted to extend his stay for an extra day, it was another $50, still not bad.

Bottom line, not fancy and very few amenities but a good stay for a low price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Cary, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is a budget extended stay hotel, and fits that space nicely. Room was clean and comfortable, but amenities were minimal. Front desk closes at 9, but they were making arrangements to get us a key if we got in after that. There is a fully functional kitchenette in the room, but no utensils, plates, glasses, pots/pans, etc. Also no toiletries such as shampoo. Just come prepared. That being said, the room was fine for what we needed. Our room was non-smoking, and really seemed to be maintained that way. However, rest of the hotel smelled pretty strongly of smoke.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Stay Lodge of Auburn? Share your experiences!