“Stay away, stay far away” 1 of 5 stars

Quality Inn Atmore
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1610 South Main Street, Atmore, AL 36502   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Atmore
Tempe, Arizona
“Stay away, stay far away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I had the displeasure of staying at this hotel back in January. I travel across the entire country for work and am on the road for 3-4 weeks at a time. This hotel was by far the worst experience I have ever had with a hotel. I would rather stay in the gutter out front then in a room at this dump. Where to start....upon checking I went to use the microwave and found a plate that had what appeared to have once been a plate of meat and cheese but it now resembled a furry science project. I was so mold and gross that I wouldn't even touch it. I walked to the front desk and told them I wanted a new microwave and was told that they didn't have any but would switch it out in the morning. I put a small mark on the back of it when I left in the morning to make sure they actually switched it. They did but to my shock they actually put the rotten meat/cheese tray back into the new microwave!!!!!!!!!! Next up our toilet handle broke and it took them 2 days to replace it so we had to take the top off the tank off and pull up the chain to flush for two days. Next up is housekeeping. No existant, 2-3 day periods of no new towels, no cleaning, no beds made, no trash removal. When I asked the next day they came at 7am, took all the sheets, comforters, and pillow while we were still in the room and just left. Didn't return them till 3pm so we were left all day to sit on bare dirty nasty mattresses. With no other hotels in the area I was forced to endure this for almost 2 weeks. When it all finally became to much I decided I would make the 30 mile drive each way to stay in the next town with a decent hotel. I still had two days left on my weekly stay and after all this, after talking with and dealing with a terribly rude staff and even worse manager I was told no refund for my remaining days that I hadn't used. The manager never once even said sorry let alone mentioned some type of compensation. To make it worse choice hotels wont give me my points because they say it isn't a choice property and wyndham rewards says they wont pay up because its not a days inn!!?? PLEASE PLEASE STAY AWAY AND MAKE THIS HOTEL GO OUT OF BUSINESS

Room Tip: I would rather stay in the gutter out front then in a room at this dump
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Decatur, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

It's the worst place I have ever been. One month ago I stayed. After one month later they charged me 3 times higher price of my stay. The price was 74.10 but they charged me 222.30. So I cancel it through my bank but they charged again this time 4 times of amount, 296.40. So I claimed it but the front desk never told me who is in charge of this problem.

The front desk said to me that she does not know the access code of the program. So she can not access my record.

But one week ago another front desk staff admitted that I stay there just one night.

Manager? Always not there?
the Owner? Impossible to talk.

They never call me back.

I It is a typical scam. Never go and never use your card.

I will sue this hotel for intentional overcharging and scam.

Room Tip: Never Never Never
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Pontotoc, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Worse two days I've had in any hotel!!! Bathroom tub faucet was broke, you had to have a pair of pliers to turn the water on.. Pillows had stains on them, so we had to go to Walmart to buy clean pillows. The mattress had dried blood stains on them in spots.. None of the plugs worked in room, they claim they had WiFi and it did't work. We asked for a cot which they did not bring to our room like they promised, when we came back at 12 midnight had to ask for cot again, the next morning they knocked on door for room service we were still in bed at 9 am, we did not get room service that day, after we left room at 10 am.. The next day they did not have towels or tissue in room had to ask again.. The air conditioner did not work with the buttons, you had to plug it up or unplug it to turn on or off. The room was so bad that manager said she was going to have priceline to refund me one night..When priceline called them.They told a BIG lie saying that no one was aware of any problems. I would not recommend this hotel to a homeless person.

Room Tip: Never believe what you see in photos, Go to any other hotel.. cheap is not always better...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Irvington, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were traveling with a 6 year old T-Ball team to a tournament... which had 11 teams total. The other hotels in the city had MUCH higher rates or were booked due to a concert at the Wind creek, so this hotel @ $65 a night looked promising. We were told on Wednesday (directly from the hotel) that they had PLENTY of rooms! Our parents starting calling the very next day and were told they had no rooms except smoking... then the internet said rooms were available, so several booked online...then, the hotel said the internet overbooked them. Mysteriously, when rooms had a problem, or other guests wanted to stay over, rooms were found. Our umpires called directly and were told they had a room , only to be told when they arrived they were booked to capacity! ENTIRE Hotel staff, from shift to shift gave different answers to same questions (some ruder than others...but all somewhat confused and rude) No one really knew if they had available/ working rooms or not??? Isn't this the age of the COMPUTER??? They were scrambling through papers to see what they had and did not have. Enough about booking problems...
On to the Hotel itself. My room was one of the best on my whole team... I only had a few large holes in my comforter, my fridge worked (although shelf was broken), and my air worked (only on high...could have been worse in the 90 degree weather! My room was also cleaned 2 out of the 3 days we were there, so I got lucky! I only had to go searching for towels and a coffee maker (missing from my room). Breakfast was a joke and when you interrupted the girls playing on their cell phones to ask for milk (which they did not have) you got a rude, "How dare you" look. Internet was very slow when it worked, and pool was filled with bugs. This whole town is full of gnats! None of our rooms had fitted sheets, and some players had to be moved due to an OVER abundance of mold. We only had a little mold...mostly in the toilet! Last, but not least, SECURITY was a big risk...Duplicate room keys were given out to people not even staying at our hotel!! No I.D. was asked for, and other peoples receipts with personal info were given to me by mistake, and they did not ask for them back! This HOTEL needs to close!

Room Tip: No fitness center, no restaurant, no guest laundry
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Gulfport, MS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel is HORRIBLE!!!!! When we arrived at the hotel, there was a car parked in front of the hotel with some very strange people in it. Instead of running the other way, we decided to go ahead and stay because it was cheaper than any other hotel. When we checked in, the front desk clerk was nice. However after getting into our first room, the ac did not work and the bed spread had a HUGE hole in it. So when we go back and tell the front desk clerk the problems and we want to change rooms, well her attitude changed. The second room we got into was not much better. There were still holes in the comforter, no towels in the room and the remote did not work. SO we decided to go to the pool. WELL the pool had something floating in it that looked like fish food flakes and lots of bugs. We cleaned the pool before we got in. We went to make the pull out bed into a bed for my niece, to our surprise the bed was broke. We had to use the coffee table to hold the bed up so she could sleep on it. But of course it didn't work and she slept in the bed with us. During the night our ac in the room went out(of course). We went down to get breakfast. First the eggs looked like they were plastic and had been there for a couple of days. They had cereal out but you had to ask the front desk clerk for milk. My niece asked for milk and of course according to the front desk clerk, they didn't have any. This is the worse hotel I have EVER stayed in and I will guarantee you that I wont make that mistake ever again. This one stay makes me never want to stay at a Choice hotel again.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Milton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Checked in and was very tired so went straight to bed to take an early nap. Bed was dirty and the sheet was rolled up under the top blanket like it was just thrown together. Straighten up the bed and took a nap on top of the blanket. Once we got up went out to eat an early supper and come back and was just going to chill the rest of the day. Their were only one towel and no wash cloths, luckily had some in the van. Paid extra to have a Jacuzzi and looked cleaned until I started running the water and my GOD only knows what was floating in that water. Called the front desk and they had no one there that could clean it, thank GOD for Walgreen's being just down the road where I went to get cleaning stuff. They didn't have another room they could put us in even though there were only four cars there (seven by the next morning that I seen) so I cleaned the tub and shower. once I took a soak went to get on the internet it didn't work and was told it usually doesn't work at the end and they have tried to have it fix but can not find the problem. Then I decided to just watch tv and again that didn't work said it was looking for a signal, called the front desk was told to turn it on and off a few times that should fix it and if not someone was coming in and just let her know I did and never seen anyone! I had already ask for a refund and she said they were not allow to do so and I got the manager phone number to call and maybe I will get someone one day! Wished I would have just stayed in the back of my van!

Room Tip: Anywhere but here!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Well. What can I say
Positives: good hot water pressure. Location. Quiet
Opportunities: need to be more user friendly for bus. Travelers no iron iron board. Clerk had to go room to room before one was found.
Comfort. Bed not so much.
Decor. Came to rest not admire decor it is 70's style.
I did ask clerk when I arrived
"Are rooms comfortable?" Answer "no"
"Is bed comfortable?"
Answer "nope"
Talk about a dedicated worker. WOW

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atmore
Holiday Inn Express Atmore
Muskogee Inn
Muskogee Inn
#2 of 2 in Atmore
3.5 of 5 stars 30 reviews

Been to Quality Inn Atmore? Share your experiences!