“A Great Family Place” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   303 Poarch Road, Atmore, AL 36502   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Atmore
“A Great Family Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This resort has something for everyone despite being in the middle of a cotton field. The kids loved playing at the arcade and bowling alley, and enjoying a nearly empty movie theatre with plush seats and an amazing sound system. The adults loved being in close proximity to them while we donated money to the Creek Indian tribe. We also loved having a smoke-free room to gamble in. Wish that room was the smoking room, instead, though, so that us non-smokers had more choices. Rooms are very comfortable and modern, with amazing bath products. I felt like i had just left the salon after washing, conditioning, and blow drying my hair. Tip: ask for more of the hair products while you're staying there- they won't give them to you after you check-out.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Jacksonville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My best friend and I visited Atmore for the Josh Turner concert at Wind Creek's outdoor amphitheater July 19th. I believe the website says that amphitheater holds 2,500 people, which looked about right. Seating was metal folding chairs, which was fine with me for the 2 hrs I was there but might not be ok for some people. (after all, it is outdoors.) I was impressed with the stage setup, and the concert was fabulous! Wind Creek staff I encountered were all friendly and helpful. For an outdoor amphitheater, I assumed the sound would not be that great, but it was just as good as if it had been inside (probably better actually, because I don't like to have to scream at the person beside me for them to hear).

We also visited the casino. We ate at Grill Café for lunch and Taste Buffet for dinner. I can't comment too much on Grill Café because all we ate were salads. The salads were good, but service could have been better. We waited almost 30 minutes from the time we ordered our salads until we got them, and the point of us ordering salads was because we were in a hurry. Also, the waitress let our water glasses get empty twice and we had to wait on her to happen to come back by for a refill. Taste Buffet was great! There was a nice selection of food- Cajun, southern cuisine, Asian, carved meat, and dessert. Dinner cost was over $50.00 for two of us, which I felt was a little high.... but it's a casino so I guess it's to be expected.

I'm not really a gambler so my review of the gaming floor won't be worth much to those who are going for the gaming. There are a TON of machines, and I wanted to play a few games just for the heck of it. For two first time gamers, we had a very hard time figuring out how to play the games. Also, the screen would advertise it as a penny equals one play, then we would put $5 in and only get 2 plays.... but again, I didn't know what I was doing! haha.... the gaming floor was also VERY smoky, and I don't care for heavy cigarette smoke. It would be nice if they had a non-smoking area.

Overall, we enjoyed our visit to the casino. The grounds outside are beautiful, and I would loved to have visited the spa! It looked very nice. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: I did not stay at this hotel so I really can't offer any help here.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The Wind creek is just off I-65. I had a king room with a view of the parking lot. The room was nice, bed very comfortable and it was quiet even though it was near the elevators. Room service (breakfast) was fast and delicious. The front desk was busy but efficient on check in. Valet parking was free and efficient as well. All staff were accommodating, friendly, and provided information. Food choices were good. The casino primarily had penny slots. The high limits were primarily $5 slots. I would like to recommend they have a larger, less noisy nonsmoking casino area with more $1 slots. Overall the stay was very enjoyable and relaxing. I definitely will stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Augusta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Decided to come for 4 days and celebrate my 29 wedding anniversary I enjoyed myself, the casino was nice,and the food was very great a bit pricey ($1.00 for a half hot wing) but it's about making money. I didn't win and I was okay with that we can't always be winners . I just wish they would do a little bit more for your special occasions overall I had a great time. 1 more thing if you don't like smoking please wear a mask you won't be out of place!

• Stayed July 2014
Ozark, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Excellent place very clean and excellent service. Great food room service very quick. Valet parking great you can come and go as you please, everyone very nice anything you want just ask and they will help.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

i decided to get in my car 4th july weekend and go to gulf shores Alabama on my way i saw a sign casino and decided to take a break at 10:am, i had so much fun at the casino i decided to stay overnight only the were booked but said they would put me on a list the front desk was nice but they seemed concerned about my ability to pay i knew that it would be expensive 279.00 for one night it was a resort and it was the 4th but they got me a room around 7pm they did not explain any of the festivities but ,other guest on the casino floor did. the room was a pleasure i had a king on the tenth floor and it was clean and the bathroom was huge loved it. The casino staff was helpful and everyone was happy, jackpots were singing the whole time i was there. my only complaint was that when i came is that i did not know about the club but i soon found out and joined and had a great time i will visit again this time with a reservation.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Camden, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We came for s spa trip and loved it. The spa was wonderful and the employees were A++ We were treated like royalty!! We had dinner at the FIRE and it was a wonderful dining experience!!! I can't wait to go back with my husband. Our waitress, Tonya was GREAT. SHe mad the experience such a wonderful time!! My only small complaint is that my check in was not smooth. They were nice, but somehow did not put my credit card on file even though they took it so after we had charged our spa treatments to our room and there was no card on file, they got to scrabbling to find me....even called my home. THey found me in the FIRE (after we ate).. It was a little embarrassing but not too bad.

Room Tip: Ask for specials... We did not but they may have some deals with room and spa and dinner.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
WindCreekHospitality, Manager at Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for taking time to post your review. We are glad you had an overall great experience and we will address the check-in process with the team to ensure they are aware and can improve from your feedback. We will share the kudos with those addressed! Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you all again soon!

Been to Wind Creek Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!