“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Atmore
Tallahassee, FL
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

When I read some of these reviews, I am almost speechless. This is one of the cleanest, friendliest places that I play. My wins are not big, but I seldom go home the loser like I do when I play in Biloxi. The people that think they are rude must be some of the hardest people to please because they are always courteous and friendly when we are there. I don't like the way that the seats can be turned up for such long periods of time, but that is not a show stopper for me. Overall, this is one of my favorite places.

Room Tip: I personally do not like the rooms that have the TV to the side of the bed. I always try to stay aw...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
St Pete Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We decided to take a detour on our way to Mississippi. Thought it'd be fun to stay and enjoy a little gaming.
The property is really nice, conveniently located off the interstate, the rooms are very nicely appointed, quite inexpensive.
What we found really odd is that no one in any of these reviews mentioned that Sundays are dry!
Pretty weird for a casino. Since I don't live in AL am not familiar with their liquor laws. It would have been nice to know.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Andalusia, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We go to windcreek atmore weekly have been for 3 years and I do not understand how I cant win there at all , We are going to start going to another one I finally got a gold card which I would have gotten along time ago had I used my card but you don't win if your card is in the machine it eats it up I have tried so many machines and lost thousands of dollars but cant blame anyone but myself but I do know they can change the pay outs on those machines and I don't think that is right at all

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Panama City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We decided to drive 3 hrs to Atmore for the casino/hotel. The property was nice and had quite a bit to offer. The hotel room was decent, good beds, plenty of space but you could hear everything in the room next door and out in the hallway. Check in desk attendants were pleasant and helpful.

The Casino offered free drinks which was really nice. The slot machines were terrible. We are used to playing in Oklahoma where they have vgt machines, where you get red spins and feel as if you have a chance to win.....not the case in Atmore. The slots were no fun at all and we typically love slots.

We had dinner at Fire, and it was nice. The crab cakes were good as were our steaks (little burned around the edges) but it was nice......not amazing.

To sum it up, we more than likely will not return, especially since it was a 3 hr drive. I would not recommend you go out of your way to plan a trip to this hotel/caino, if you happen to drive by, sure...stop for a while, just dont plan a trip.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Iowa City, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed at the Wind Creek hotel for two nights while visiting family in the area for the holidays. I booked a suite months ago from their online Web site directly with the hotel. They charged my credit card for the full amount immediately upon booking. I don't know what ever happened to simply making a reservation, I guess everyone wants their money NOW!

Parking is an experience as there is no close free self-parking unless you are a "platinum" club member. This might work well for casino customers but not for hotel guests who are staying several days.

Upon first entering the establishment the heavy smoke smell hits you. I've been in many casinos over the years and this place just does not know how to have the right equipment in place to handle the smoke.

We waited in line at the hotel registration desk for quite a bit of time. Once we got someone to help check us in, there was confusion on the room (that we already paid for). They put us into a standard king room when we had already paid, in advance for a suite. They were able to fix this oversight, however they then tried to charge us for the rooms again and I had to state that we already paid for the room in advance. We then were asked which flavor of soap we wanted for the room ... WHAT??? Let's see, we were not given this option when booking online, we did not know, nor were told what "flavors" were available ... and ... we had all of our luggage to take up to the room in our arms ... so ... why couldn't they just have soap already in the room? She decided to just pick something for us.

We had to sign something about paying $2.50 for lost keys and for keys that were not returned. What a load of crap ... $2.50 for a plastic card!

We made it to the elevators which we found is where they must pump the smoke into it was so thick and heavy.

Surprisingly, the room floor and the room itself did not smell like smoke.

The room was nice but not well maintained. It became clear that they did not know how to run and maintain a hotel. We would have been better off, and saved money, by just staying at the Holiday Inn or one of the other hotels nearby.

We ordered room service for breakfast the next morning by putting the door hanger out with what we wanted on it and what time we wanted it delivered. They called the room 5 minutes before breakfast was to be delivered to say that they could not do it because we did not have a credit card on file with the front desk. When we checked in, the lady took a card from me so I don't know why it was not on file. It's okay, I thought, because I had enough cash on me to cover the room service bill. They told me that they cannot accept cash or credit card in the room and that my only option was to put a card on file with the front desk. This was weird because when I filled out the breakfast order it asked how you would pay for it and cash was an option.

I called down to the front desk, gave them my credit card number over the phone, then I had to call room service back. Then they had to cook the breakfast and then bring it up. So much for getting your order delivered to you on time when you ordered it the night before!

Next time I'm in town, I'll stay at a chain hotel where they know how to run the place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
WindCreekAtmore, Hotel Director at Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you for your review of Wind Creek Casino & Hotel. Needless to say, we are disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction with the property. As the Hotel Director, I would like to personally extend an apology for any inconvenience you experienced. Moreover, I would like to reach out to you via another channel to speak in more detail about your visit. Please be assured that we take great pride in providing exemplary service.
Toano, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Dinner at the Wind Creek Casino Fireside restaurant was top notch. The food, service, and selection are fantastic. The twelve-ounce prime rib was cooked to perfection. The evening was topped off with their signature chocolate decadence dessert. A dessert worth saving room for. This place is on my return list.

• Stayed December 2013
WindCreekAtmore, Manager at Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words! I have passed along your review to Gene and his team members. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I must first say that I have been going to Windcreek Atmore, Weptumka and Tallapoosa for 4 years now. My parents are even Platinum card holders....We enjoy the rooms at Atmore and have typically had a good experience. We went the week of Thanksgiving (my husband and I and 7 other family members). NOT ONE of us won anything at all and we all spent significant amounts of money. The VIP host was kind enough to send over comps for the Essentials shop which helped but I had spent significant amounts of money and drove 3.5 hours for nothing! Additionally, the rooms are not as nice as they used to be (everyone in my family agrees). They are clean but not being well maintained. The sinks clogged easily and the shower never really gets hot. The front desk service is still great but we have made a family pact to never return to Atmore. In a few days the Weptumka location is opening but I don't have much of a desire to go considering my experience at Atmore. Additionally, I received a card in the mail for $10 free play....After my husband and I lost well over $2K at Atmore. I cannot imagine how much my parents lost. It will be a VERY long time before I return. I will most likely take the drive to Biloxi to for variety and better odds.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
WindCreekAtmore, Guest Relations Manager at Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
We would love to discuss your last trip with us in more detail. Please email me your contact at info@pcigaming.com with the title TripAdvisor so that I can touch base with you! Thank you!

Been to Wind Creek Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!