“Do not waste your time here.” 1 of 5 stars

Wind Creek Casino & Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   303 Poarch Road, Atmore, AL 36502   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Atmore
florida
“Do not waste your time here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We live locally so we have visited here many times. We drop more than $3600 a year here yet the comps are laughable and the winnings are very rare. Yes, we can usually play all evening on our $300 loss budget but still have to put up w/nasty bathrooms, poor drink service and smokers practically sitting in your lap.. On our last visit, after playing out our budget we had pay for my meal which was served to me along w/swarming flies and knats while listening to baby screaming behind us. Look, I understand babies and young parents who are too ignorant to handle them, but the child was out of control and the wait staff continued to seat people around them. Go to Mississippi, The I P is much more accommodating. It's a shame because we love to play and the casino is so close.

Room Tip: They do not offer me comp rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
WindCreekAtmore, Manager at Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent experience. Your feedback is important and most appreciated. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience you or your party experienced in relation to the sinks not draining properly and the water temperature in the shower being inadequate. Please be assured that we have taken corrective action to remedy these issues. Thank you for the kind remarks regarding guestroom cleanliness and great service at the Front Desk as we pride ourselves providing exceptional service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This was my second visit to the casino , but the first time I had stayed at the Wind Creek Casino & hotel . The first visit at the casino I had lost over $1000. but did not use my card the whole night. 10 days later I received a card from Casino offering me $335.back in free play plus two complimentary nights anytime. ( which is a fine offer ) I went back on 12/08/13 and had a very nice room with a beautiful night view of a winter wonderland , Christmas lights that lit up the pool area . The beds are very comfortable , for casino hotels , and the service in all departments I give a 4 star , I won $900. then on the same machine $1,500. twice that day . Where I went wrong is opening my mouth to a patron with a Black card on just how much of this money I lost on a particular machine , I went to the bathroom , come back and found out she was putting a hold on a machine that I was determined to win back $1400 that this machine had taken from me. Unfortunately , I did not get any of the money I lost in the machine , when she returned , she didn't win from it either ( I was glad to hear ) Over 2 and a half days I was very lucky at this casino . All together I won over $ 8,500. but I gave 70% of it back . I had a great time doing so !

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
WindCreekAtmore, Manager at Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
I am glad that you had a good time with us and that you enjoyed your stay. Holding a machine is one of the perks we give our most loyal guests. Thank you for your kind words! Hope to see you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

The casino is a great rest point during a long road trip. Plenty of slot machines for all and many betting options. A great way to stretch your legs.

Very clean environment and not too smoky as with some casinos. The rest rooms on the other hand were not very clean and very disappointing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your comments! I have sent them on to the proper departments so they can evaluate their processes. Hope to see you again soon!
Cedartown, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was our second time to stay at the hotel. It is the by far the best hotel that we have ever stayed at, but I had a few complaints. There are no handicapped parking spaces near the entrance of the hotel. There are some at the entrance of the casino, but that was too far for my husband to walk. I could not believe that the rooms have showers and no tubs. Everything seemed to be of the best quality, but the toilet tissue was flimsy and rough. Just these few complaints. The staff was great and the rooms were fantastic,

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay Mrs. Amy!!! Thanks for pointing out some areas that we can improve on! Hope to see you again soon!
Bratt, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We're not big gamblers, but were really excited about Wind Creek expanding to offer a movie theater and bowling alley. (I would have loved to keep supporting the vintage Strand downtown, but they just didn't keep it up and the bowling alley closed years ago.)

We went the second week they were open and it was a pleasant experience, but made me wonder if they opened before they were truly ready. First of all, it is really hard to find out anything (hours, etc) about the theater.
Today, the http://windcreekatmore.com/Entertainment page Cinema link takes you to a page that still says "Our eight-screen, state-of-the-art movie theater will open October 31, 2013." The slide out menu at left takes you to the right page, but it's slow, so not immediately obvious. And the pictures on that page aren't loading.

We were the only customers in the lobby when we got to the cinema, so buying tickets at the snack bar worked ok. I wonder if they have a tickets only line on busy nights or do you have to stand behind everyone getting popcorn to get your ticket? And the menu screens were frustrating. They are using the video monitor menus like many places, but the pages look like they were built in Word, just simple list of items. No colors, no pictures, nothing fancy at all. The pages scroll through too fast to really see what you want. It was nearly impossible for me to compare combo prices with ala carte prices. Additionally, the combos didn't list what they included. The combos turned out to be an ok deal, but I had to quiz the clerk to find out what to order because the menu board was so sparse and intermittent. They should leave the prices visible most of the time and use another monitor to rotate through specials or coming attractions. Having them all flipping was a nightmare. (Go do some field research at Burger King or McDonalds. They shouldn't all be moving all the time.)

Once we got in, we were impressed. The layout and decor was simple. (It would be really nice to have restroom signs visible down the hallway. Not everyone realizes you look for a stripe in the carpet to indicate where the restrooms are.) There are free drink refills back by the theaters, so you don't have to go back to the lobby. That was a great touch if they keep it clean. The seats were plush and heavenly. There were no ads or cartoons or trivia running before the previews (missed marketing opportunity?) but the movie was very clear with the sound not too quiet or too loud. We could hear neighboring films through the walls before it started, but not once our movie was going.

The bowling alley looked very well done and we'll be back to check it out soon. When we walked in I was surprised at how simple it looked, but going out, the projection screens were down so the ballgame and race were being shown over the lanes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
We have update the website at windcreekatmore to show movie times and prices! Thanks for offering us some tips on this that we can improve. Hope you check out the bowling ally soon!
Newton, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is a fun place to go for the weekend with friends or you significant other. The beds were nice and the rooms were clean. I liked that they would (sometimes) comp your rooms if you played. The reason I went is because we were offered free rooms. Actually free, no hidden costs. There is not anything worth mentioning in the surrounding area. It is in the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the compliments! We are glad that your stay! We are in the middle of no where but hope that adding our Entertainment Center with movies and bowling will help bring a little more fun to your trips!
Villa Rica, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I really enjoyed this place. My boyfriend and I stayed there for my birthday last weekend. The place is huge and there is so much to do with the new movie theater, arcade, bowling alley, casino, hotel, and restaurants. Once I parked, I did not have to leave the resort the entire stay. Lisa at the front desk was so nice and she remembered my name when she saw me in the hallway the next day. The American Grill served delicious food, we ate there twice. Valet and bell hop service was friendly and I would love to go back, even though I didn't have success in the casino. I won $12, but a lady on the elevator stated she saw someone win a jackpot. The only con was we had to rent a microwave at $10 a day, but the room did have a mini refrigerator. The room and bathroom was clean and very spacious. My boyfriend and I had a lovely time and we will be back soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Glad that you had a chance to enjoy your birthday with us!! I will sure to pass along your kudos to Lisa and the bell hop and valet teams! We look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Been to Wind Creek Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!