“Great Break” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Atmore
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

The casino is a great rest point during a long road trip. Plenty of slot machines for all and many betting options. A great way to stretch your legs.

Very clean environment and not too smoky as with some casinos. The rest rooms on the other hand were not very clean and very disappointing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
WindCreekAtmore, Manager at Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments! I have sent them on to the proper departments so they can evaluate their processes. Hope to see you again soon!

230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Cedartown, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was our second time to stay at the hotel. It is the by far the best hotel that we have ever stayed at, but I had a few complaints. There are no handicapped parking spaces near the entrance of the hotel. There are some at the entrance of the casino, but that was too far for my husband to walk. I could not believe that the rooms have showers and no tubs. Everything seemed to be of the best quality, but the toilet tissue was flimsy and rough. Just these few complaints. The staff was great and the rooms were fantastic,

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay Mrs. Amy!!! Thanks for pointing out some areas that we can improve on! Hope to see you again soon!
Bratt, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We're not big gamblers, but were really excited about Wind Creek expanding to offer a movie theater and bowling alley. (I would have loved to keep supporting the vintage Strand downtown, but they just didn't keep it up and the bowling alley closed years ago.)

We went the second week they were open and it was a pleasant experience, but made me wonder if they opened before they were truly ready. First of all, it is really hard to find out anything (hours, etc) about the theater.
Today, the http://windcreekatmore.com/Entertainment page Cinema link takes you to a page that still says "Our eight-screen, state-of-the-art movie theater will open October 31, 2013." The slide out menu at left takes you to the right page, but it's slow, so not immediately obvious. And the pictures on that page aren't loading.

We were the only customers in the lobby when we got to the cinema, so buying tickets at the snack bar worked ok. I wonder if they have a tickets only line on busy nights or do you have to stand behind everyone getting popcorn to get your ticket? And the menu screens were frustrating. They are using the video monitor menus like many places, but the pages look like they were built in Word, just simple list of items. No colors, no pictures, nothing fancy at all. The pages scroll through too fast to really see what you want. It was nearly impossible for me to compare combo prices with ala carte prices. Additionally, the combos didn't list what they included. The combos turned out to be an ok deal, but I had to quiz the clerk to find out what to order because the menu board was so sparse and intermittent. They should leave the prices visible most of the time and use another monitor to rotate through specials or coming attractions. Having them all flipping was a nightmare. (Go do some field research at Burger King or McDonalds. They shouldn't all be moving all the time.)

Once we got in, we were impressed. The layout and decor was simple. (It would be really nice to have restroom signs visible down the hallway. Not everyone realizes you look for a stripe in the carpet to indicate where the restrooms are.) There are free drink refills back by the theaters, so you don't have to go back to the lobby. That was a great touch if they keep it clean. The seats were plush and heavenly. There were no ads or cartoons or trivia running before the previews (missed marketing opportunity?) but the movie was very clear with the sound not too quiet or too loud. We could hear neighboring films through the walls before it started, but not once our movie was going.

The bowling alley looked very well done and we'll be back to check it out soon. When we walked in I was surprised at how simple it looked, but going out, the projection screens were down so the ballgame and race were being shown over the lanes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
We have update the website at windcreekatmore to show movie times and prices! Thanks for offering us some tips on this that we can improve. Hope you check out the bowling ally soon!
Newton, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is a fun place to go for the weekend with friends or you significant other. The beds were nice and the rooms were clean. I liked that they would (sometimes) comp your rooms if you played. The reason I went is because we were offered free rooms. Actually free, no hidden costs. There is not anything worth mentioning in the surrounding area. It is in the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
WindCreekAtmore, Manager at Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thank you so much for the compliments! We are glad that your stay! We are in the middle of no where but hope that adding our Entertainment Center with movies and bowling will help bring a little more fun to your trips!
Villa Rica, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I really enjoyed this place. My boyfriend and I stayed there for my birthday last weekend. The place is huge and there is so much to do with the new movie theater, arcade, bowling alley, casino, hotel, and restaurants. Once I parked, I did not have to leave the resort the entire stay. Lisa at the front desk was so nice and she remembered my name when she saw me in the hallway the next day. The American Grill served delicious food, we ate there twice. Valet and bell hop service was friendly and I would love to go back, even though I didn't have success in the casino. I won $12, but a lady on the elevator stated she saw someone win a jackpot. The only con was we had to rent a microwave at $10 a day, but the room did have a mini refrigerator. The room and bathroom was clean and very spacious. My boyfriend and I had a lovely time and we will be back soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Glad that you had a chance to enjoy your birthday with us!! I will sure to pass along your kudos to Lisa and the bell hop and valet teams! We look forward to seeing you again soon!!
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We've gone to Wind Creek many, many times (we're lucky to live less than 2 hours away) and we've always been blown away by the fantastic service we've received. The buffet is very good, but Fire restaurant is EXCELLENT. Now that they also own Atmore Dragway, I'm sure we'll make a point to stop when we leave the track every time!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the compliments! I will make sure to pass them along to Gene and his team at the FIRE. Look forward to seeing you again soon!
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed at the Hotel for my husbands 50th Birthday as a special day out for him.. Rooms are excellent. Roomy, very clean and staff is some of the best we've experienced, and we have been in some of the best with our business travels..Eat at the fire for Supper and it was out of this world.. The Best experience we've had in these parts.. Did the cooking school the next night and absolutely loved it.. Will definitely be returning for all of these things in the near future..

Room Tip: Corner Suites are very spacey. Great View too.