“Very poor odds” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Atmore
Brantley, Alabama, United States
“Very poor odds”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were first timers and were really impressed by the pace and the food as we ate before attempting to learn to play the slots.I would really like to know what in fact the odds of winning are as I saw only one guy who appeared to be a winner the whole time we were there.I understand the up and down of slots but after blowing around $500 I was never "up" once.Will not be returning,yeah I have lost in Biloxi as well but I was up and down all night and it was fun,this just sucked overall.Will strongly discourage friends and family from wasting time and money on a trip to wind creek unless they intent to stay away from the slots.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
WindCreekAtmore, General Manager at Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. The win percentage at Wind Creek is higher than the published numbers at the Mississippi Costal casinos. We also have a bounce back offer good for first time visitors like you. Please feel free to contact us at 866-WIND-360 to discuss your account. I certainly hope that you decide to give our property another try!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have gone to several casinos, and Windcreek is by far the best one ever! I have never stayed at a casino where not only are the rooms nice, but the STAFF is very FRIENDLY!!! Even though I have only won one jackpot, I still enjoy go there!! I have the privilege of having a hostess by the name of Ms. Evelyn, and she is awesome!!! I have just been upgraded to a Gold member, but I can truly say, that I have been treated like a Platinum member!!! Oh, of course let's not forget the food!! The "Fire", there are just no words to describe how great both the Staff and the food is. The breakfast at the "Grill" is great, and the servers on the floor are very pleasant! I can go on and on, but if you are reading this, you should just go see for yourself!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
WindCreekAtmore, Manager at Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Ms. Cathy, thank you so much for your kind words. I have passed on a kudos to our staff and especially to Evelyn! We strive to make all of our guest feel like family. I am always happy to hear from you guys! Hope you get to visit us again soon!
Niceville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel and had a beautiful room. The staff is very friendly and the room was great. We had a view of the pool which we did not use, however, it is large and has lots of places to relax by the pool. The casino was busy and is a great place to send some time. My husband and I did not win, but we were able to play quite a while with the money we brought to use.

Room Tip: We always ask for a room with a view to the pool, that way we don't have to look at the parking...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
WindCreekAtmore, Property Manager at Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your great review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Maybe next time you will have the chance to spend some time at the pool! Hope to see you again soon!
gainesville,ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We hit this on our way back from Biloxi and liked it better than the Grand Biloxi. Nice room, good casino and good food selection. Bed comfy which is always a big plus for us. If you are expecting to go there and win big, you are kidding yourself and have no right going to any casino and should not be writing reviews for them if you get upset about losing.
Good staff and the casino layout is real nice and easy to get around.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My girlfriend and I have been going to the Creek for three years and have hit one 1252 dollar jackpot. You see anything over 1200 and you taxed for your winnings . If you go watch all the 1200.53 wins. They don't pay out . At first we could get a win /loss statement at club, now you can't they email not current but the year before. Food has gone down hill every year. I will say rooms are nice, but its a trap. This is from people that go 48 times a year. I've gone to the IP in Biloxi four times and have hit two jackpots. I will drive the extra hour and a half to have better food and to win . Your paying the whole town in atmore creek and paying for the new construction. I live in Milton, Fl and I'm not doing anything but telling the truth. Biloxi is worth the drive and you get better free room deals and a lot more. I won't be paying for two employees at the creek this year.

• Stayed July 2013
WindCreekAtmore, Property Manager at Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Wind Creek Casino & Hotel strives to provide an entertaining atmosphere and experience for all of our guests. I am sorry that you had a bad experience the last time you came to visit us. The payout here at Wind Creek Casino is 2% higher than at any other casino on the Gulf. I certainly hope that you will decide to give our property another try!
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We loved our room. Got a wonderful deal on the hotel....but was told by the reservationist we spoke to on the phone that the dinner for the night at the buffet was all you can eat prime rib and lobster.....it was snow crab! Very dissapointed. It was the reasons we booked a room that night!!!!! I was looking forward to the lobster. The Casino floor is very cold. Suggest you bring a sweater! we were there in July 2013! Can't say enough though about the clean, comfy and pretty rooms! 5 star for room. 2 star for being told mistruth about dinner menu and 3 stars for freezing cold in casino. Oh and mostly.....try finding a server......its hard! we waited one time 30 minutes after asking a manager for a server and the casino was NOT packed with people....my husband had to go find one......that would be a 2 for service for the non existent servers on the casino floor! (All night long too) overall....2 (excluding rooms, a 5)......what a shame! Also watch your points...before I left the hotel, slot machines were saying I had over 1000 points....checked at home 3 days later and I have 32???? unless I am just not understanding how the points work?

Room Tip: Rooms are great.....I prefer non smoking.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
WindCreekAtmore, Property Manager at Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for you compliments with regard to your hotel room. We are certainly glad that you enjoyed your room. I would like to apologize for the misunderstanding regarding the buffet offerings and for the lack of servers on the casino floor.

We do realize that some areas of the Casino are cold at times. Our machines put out a large amount of heat and the air balance is sometimes hard to maintain. We will continue to monitor and try to keep the Casino as comfortable as possible.

Please contact us at 866-WIND360 and we will be happy to discuss your points with you.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I want to THANK WINDCREEK casino for making my BIRTHDAY stay at there, the BEST DAY ever! The rooms where great the service was great and me and my daughter and granddaughter had a wonderful time! The Service was excellant the people very helpful and nice, I will be back to WINDCREEK casino and hotel!

Room Tip: All was nice!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atmore
Hampton Inn Atmore
Log Cabin Inn
Log Cabin Inn
#1 of 3 in Bay Minette
4.5 of 5 stars 53 reviews

Been to Wind Creek Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!