“Perfect one Night Get-A-Way” 5 of 5 stars

Wind Creek Casino & Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   303 Poarch Road, Atmore, AL 36502   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Atmore
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Perfect one Night Get-A-Way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Staff very pleasant, rooms very clean, well decorated, two chairs in each room, comfortable bed. Buffett is OK, Grill Restaurant usual grill food, large portions, wait staff exceeded expectations. Casino excellent, many new machines, all very clean, all working, staff quick to respond to issues. Enjoyed every minute of our stay and highly recommend this casino.

Room Tip: Have had a room on low floors and high floors, all quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
WindCreekAtmore, Social Media Manager at Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your kind words Bob and Rhea! We appreciate you coming to visit us and hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Mooresville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Did not stay at hotel, but used the casino and buffet. Was there on a Friday night that had a surf and turf buffet for $25 per person. The prime rib and king crab legs were excellent. The rest of the buffet was standard fare, but it did offer a wide variety of choices. Overall the buffet was good and worth the price.
The smoking was fairly heavy and felt it could be ventilated more efficiently. This got worse as the crowd increased.

Conyers, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Wanting to enjoy a few days together without the kids we booked 4 dys at the WC hotel. 4/1-4/4 #701. Rooms very nicely furnished, quiet, clean and comfortable. The dual head shower was heaven, HEAVEN I tell ya.

I took away 1 star due to one day I asked housekeeping to please change our sheets and they were not changed. I grabbed another housekeeper and told her that I did not want to bother her asked for a set of sheets so that I could change them myself. (since I use to be a housekeeper myself years ago so it was no problem) She would not hear it and came from her room she was cleaning and changed them herself. Other than that any extras I needed and requested were fulfilled.

We ate at the Grill for breakfast and the buffet most days except Wed night when we ate at Fire. They were just fine for what they were. The servers at both were very friendly and helpful. The casino area is very smoky at times especially at night when it was crowded so we mainly stayed in the non-smoking area to gamble or at the bar when there were no smokers present up there. They are building a bowling alley and movie theatre there and was told it should be finished by July.

I had to pay a bill I usually pay online and did not have a computer, I called the front desk to see if they had a business center to use. Alice (?) stated after asking a manager that I could go to the gold lounge and use the laptop there since they no longer have a business center. She was so helpful, she could have easliy told me to get lost that was my problem and she did not. This was our first experience at a casino and we did not win anything but the relaxation and customer service everywhere on the main floor was welcomed.

We walked over to the spa area and it looked nice and tranquil but we did not partake this time. We will def be back to this location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
WindCreekAtmore, Social Media manager at Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for the kind words Mrs. Theresa. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon! Maybe next time you will get the chance to enjoy our spa. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff. We love hearing from our guests!
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Traveling through on business. Tried to get a night here, last minute, a couple of months ago with no luck so I reserved in advance. Long wait at the front desk--They give you a choice of three amenities so this takes up time when checking in. I paid $30 for an upgrade to the new spa floor. The room was very modern. Surprised that the room on the spa floor did not have a tub? I did visit the spa and it was very nice as well. It is a separate building and free standing. Very nice decor and front desk. Large retail area in the entrance and state of the art fitness center. I used the spa area for the water therapies but did not have time for spa services.

Ate at the Taste Buffet where there is an extensive buffet. It was late at night and some of the fresh salads tasted a little "off" like they have been sitting out too long but other than that everything was tasty. The dessert collection is hard to pass up.

The FIRE restaurant is very nice. Expensive compared to other dining option but the atmosphere, service and quality is well worth it. Ladies received a long stemmed rose and everything gets a chocolate gift at end of the meal.

The spa also has a healthy menu--didn't get a chance to try but everything sounded fresh and innovative.

This was in December so there was an outdoor area that had extensive Christmas display and lights that you can stroll through. There was Christmas music and several families visiting this attraction. I was lucky to get a room with a view of the Christmas park/lights.

I loved this property and would plan to visit again. I don't gamble but I enjoy the rooms, dining and spa!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
MONTGOMRY AL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The service is now bad.......and I do mean the all over service.my last hotel stay a few months ago I made reservation for a suite.i called and confirm my reservation the day before the trip.upon arriving the guest service gives me a different room that was smaller.i went back to the desk and informed her.get this my room had to be given to a black card holder that was a higher black card holder then my self wow!!! I explain to the rep my grands was meeting me there coming 200 miles that's why I requested that room.she did not care the manager also did not care.well I decided that day I would not be spending the thousands of dollar I was spending there.even though I was also a black card player my room was given to a black card holder she say play more then my self.they are a joke I have order my 2011 win and lost statement three weeks ago have called five times still do not have it I was told this morning when I called that we have over eight hundred thousand player and one person in finance to send those out.are you crazy?why did you all stop us from picking them up i said she said we do what the gaming commission tells us.i use to love visiting this place but now I hope they get shut down I will be on the front line. Card 238453

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Windcreek on February 23 to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It was our first time staying so we didn't know what to expect. Overall it was a
wonderful experience. We did a couples massage in the spa which was extremely relaxing. The only negative of the spa experience to me was the temperature. It was pretty chilly in my opinion, for a spa. I actually had all day access to the spa but because of the chill in the air I just wanted to put my clothes on and get to a warm corner in my hotel room. A spa should be a little warmer for the sake of relaxation. Anyway, the massages were wonderful and the staff was top notch. We were unable to check into our room when we first arrived because there was only one person at the desk and there was a group ahead of us and we needed to get to our spa appointments. That was irritating. But when we returned from the spa to check in they got right to us and had more help. The First Lady who helped us told us that the original room that we were booked for and paid for was 'taken' and we would have to take something else. She said nothing could be done about it. I requested a manager. The manager Xuan did a wonderful job of handling this situation. In fact, as it turned out, the room that was put in the place of our original room was a suite which was double the size of our original room. The First Lady never explained any of this and led us to believe that we were being down graded. We are still not sure if she was just being difficult or if she was simply uninformed. Either way, Xuan was excellent! Conveniently, the original lady who was helping us had her name tag turned around so that we couldn't see it. Anyway, we stayed in room 717 and I was beyond breath taken! Not only was the room gorgeous but it had been decorated with fresh rosé petals on the bed in the shape of a heart!! Great job windcreek! From there everything was perfect. Even dinner at Fire was perfect! We had a wonderful time and we plan to return soon!! Thank you Windcreek for making this an extra special stay!!

• Stayed February 2013
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed in the level 15 king room. It has a very relaxing theme with upgraded amenities on a dedicated floor. We aren't big gamblers, but we love the spa there. They also have a very nice pool if you go during the summer. Would recommend for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Wind Creek Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!